study
✟251,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been having a lot of nightmares recently. I won't go into detail, but can you spare a prayer for me for a peaceful night's rest?

God bless
For some reason, blessing myself with the sign of the cross, with Holy Water before getting into bed stops nightmares, along with doing the compline prayers on my phone, and saying an act of contrition too.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
For some reason, blessing myself with the sign of the cross, with Holy Water before getting into bed stops nightmares, along with doing the compline prayers on my phone, and saying an act of contrition too.
Thank you for the recommendation. I need to get more holy water.

God bless

• Prayers
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I had nightmares for many years, but I found deliverance from God from this in part from just working things out myself and in part from getting deliverance from someone it that type of ministry. There is lots of information online including tips to overcome, prayers, and even books that can help you get completely free. I once too was physically attacked in my sleep. When i woke up I prayed for more power from God. At church later that night one of the ministers came up to me and said that God told him to tell me that I already have the power. I had told no one, so that got my attention and I believe that was a true word. We have lots of authority in Christ including the power to cast out demons.

Proverbs 3:24 "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."
Don't give up but keep after things until you get permanent relief from nightmares.

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for the recommendation. I need to get more holy water.

God bless
Get a smaller and portable Holy Water container at the catholic store, and keep it right next to your bed side, so that you do not forget it.

PS-Also, to cast out spirits in the air, I burn blessed beeswax candles too, and often have low level Gregorian chant playing in the background-in my bedroom of course!

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,321.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You have my prayers!

I'd also like to suggest something practical — maybe you're already doing this, but it's good to get into the habit of meditating on God's Word before sleeping; let the Holy Spirit through His Word sanctify your night. Proverbs and Psalms are particularly great for this because they pack a lot of wisdom into a few words that can be contemplated until we finally fall asleep.

It can be helpful to think of the Psalms as divine songs given to us for our prayer, praise, and lament, and for understanding all of Scripture, and for shaping our minds and hearts. Proverbs, especially, are designed to not only teach us one thing, but to give us the tools we need to think wisely, which is accompanied by joy and peace in Christ. And this joy and peace endures and works in us even during the night.

God bless!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You have my prayers!

I'd also like to suggest something practical — maybe you're already doing this, but it's good to get into the habit of meditating on God's Word before sleeping; let the Holy Spirit through His Word sanctify your night. Proverbs and Psalms are particularly great for this because they pack a lot of wisdom into a few words that can be contemplated until we finally fall asleep.

It can be helpful to think of the Psalms as divine songs given to us for our prayer, praise, and lament, and for understanding all of Scripture, and for shaping our minds and hearts. Proverbs, especially, are designed to not only teach us one thing, but to give us the tools we need to think wisely, which is accompanied by joy and peace in Christ. And this joy and peace endures and works in us even during the night.

God bless!
Thank you! I pray the Psalms daily, and I need to re-read and pray Proverbs more often.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praying now!

Lord God I lift up RileyG to You right now I pray for Your intervention in his current situation and for complete elimination of all nightmares and for a restful night sleep every night!

Something you might want to do, this has worked great for me! You can get some anointing oil and anoint your bed (the headboard) and pray that nothing evil can come near your bed! I did this and there was previously alot of oppression on me lying in bed but it is now completely gone! This will probably help you alot! If you don't have any anointing oil you can make your own! Just get some vegetable or olive oil and then put it in a cup and lay your hands on it and pray for God's power and anointing to be on it, then you can use it! You can also anoint yourself for healing with it, just say "Lord God I anoint myself for healing in the name of Jesus and I pray for complete healing and deliverance in my mind, brain, and emotions." I have been doing this, anointing myself every day and I have experienced alot of healing!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! I pray the Psalms daily, and I need to re-read and pray Proverbs more often.

God bless!
I keep you in my evening prayers for the Lord to give you peace and a calm and restful night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums