next prophecy to be fulfilled: being caught up in the air with Christ

C

Christownsme

The next prophecy yet to be fulfilled is for the church to be caught up in the air with Christ (1 Thes 4:17). The Latin for "caught up" is "rapturo," where we get the word "rapture."

Just as the word "trinity" isn't mentioned in the bible, but we know it exists by context, the word "rapture" isn't mentioned in the bible, but by context and by the nature of God to save his people from the coming wrath, it is biblical.

We are to "comfort one another" with the fact that we will not face the great tribulation, if we've placed our faith/trust in Christ Jesus. (1 Thes 4:18). The tribulation period is reserved for the judgment of unbelievers, not for a training ground for Christians. There will be those who come to know Christ during this period, but the tribulation is all but comforting for anyone. It is for the reconciliation of the Jewish nation, which will prove to be beneficial for the Jews in the end. In Matthew 23, Jesus just gets done talking to the Jews, and in Matthew 24 continues on to speak to the Jews about the tribulation period.

Long before Darby announced his speculation on the "rapture," it was already in scripture and believed on by the saints of old. It is not a false prophecy but is a reality.

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, I used to think I had this figured out too and fully believed in the rapture before tribulation. I encourage you to take a deep look at 1 Corinthians 15:51-55, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, and Matthew 24:27-31.

Ask questions on how these all go together. Take a close look at the words in these verses that talk about the when question.

I can tell you one question will be this: If Jesus said that these events happen after the tribulation how does the verse about us not knowing when He will come fit in? Won't we know when it will be if it is after the tribulation?

The answer is in knowing when the sun goes dark, the stars fall, and the powers of heaven are shaken. Take a look at the 6th seal and see if this fits.

You are going to wonder why then Jesus would say He would come immediately after the tribulation of those days. It may be a good idea to see what exactly He said would happen immediately in those verses in Matthew.

Here is what I believe: http://onthelineministries.com/raptureofthechurch.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christownsme, you have got it right. Many professing Christians scramble Scripture and mix the "Day of Christ", which is His coming for His Bride --the Church, with the "Day of the Lord" --the coming of Christ with His Bride in judgment on this world preparatory to His reign; then, fail to discern the "Day of God", which is the purging of the world after the Millennium to make a "new earth"

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

I just finished N.T. Wright's book "Surprised by Hope". He speaks extensively on the misconceptions taught, allowed or ignored in the church, including his own Anglican church about heaven.
When a king arrived into a town, it was customary to go and greet the king, as we will go to meet Him. But most importantly is that heaven is not in the clouds, heaven comes down to us.... there is a new city and we rule and reign with Christ.
Wright discussed where and what happens to those who died before us and who die before Christ's return bc there is nothing in scripture that speaks of us hanging around on clouds. Yet, we know that we don't see death, although there is a final judgment when all the dead rise.
Wright really doesn't know, as an authority on Paul and his writings, one of the most influential and prolific writers on the NT, says he doesn't know?? He believes that the Lord is not set by our standards of time. We know God is omnipresent, he can move back and forth through time so Wright presented the possibility that there really is no gap but that there is a dimension, that we move into. That just as Christ could come and go moving through walls all though He had an incorruptible body, so will we and we will exist with Him, after we die, in another dimension, prior to His return. Or there is a type of sleep and this is where Wright said, the scriptures weren't clear. He discussed and dismissed purgatory but says, there may be something in another dimension or a type of sleep we are not told about. His thoughts made me think of Paul and the third heaven that he was not allowed to share about. ???
I'm charismatic, thoroughly briefed on expecting the rapture of the church any day. I no longer believe that is the case, nor do I worry about it. The Lord is returning in His own time, He was clear that we do not know the time or day and from what I have seen in my lifetime and throughout history, it is dangerous to try.

God bless, andrea

PS: JB... thanks for the link. Good concise scriptural.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You know, I used to think I had this figured out too and fully believed in the rapture before tribulation. I encourage you to take a deep look at 1 Corinthians 15:51-55, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, and Matthew 24:27-31.

Ask questions on how these all go together. Take a close look at the words in these verses that talk about the when question.

I can tell you one question will be this: If Jesus said that these events happen after the tribulation how does the verse about us not knowing when He will come fit in? Won't we know when it will be if it is after the tribulation?

The answer is in knowing when the sun goes dark, the stars fall, and the powers of heaven are shaken. Take a look at the 6th seal and see if this fits.

You are going to wonder why then Jesus would say He would come immediately after the tribulation of those days. It may be a good idea to see what exactly He said would happen immediately in those verses in Matthew.

Here is what I believe: What Does The Bible Say About The Rapture

During the 60's and into the 80's I think most churches including mine believed the rapture before the tribulation. As I grew I began to see the same holes that you saw....it doesn't fit scripture. The main fault I think is that people think of the tribulation and the wrath of God as the same thing, they are not. The other fault, like in my case was believing 'pastors" instead of searching for the Truth for myself. Theres going to be a lot of prophesy fulfilled before we are caught away....including..."There shall be a great falling away first....." This most likely from those who thought Jesus was coming before anything bad happens to them.

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The main fault I think is that people think of the tribulation and the wrath of God as the same thing, they are not.

VERY true. And you are right that there is a lot left to be done. I encourage everyone to read this: Daniel - 70 Weeks And The History Of The World

I am actually shocked to see in the news how they are talking about fulfilling the 4th kingdom spoke of in Daniel. I have taught this for a while but now to hear it in the evening news...it's crazy.

Upvote 0