• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

newly confirmed diagnosis

KristinaB

Child of God
Mar 20, 2011
South Florida
✟7,643.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I recently got a confirmed diagnosis of the following:

Neuropathy of the right side. I am totally numb from right shoulder to right ankle. Muscles work fine, but I can't feel anything. I've been purposely burned with a lit cigarette by a brother who did not believe me.

Chronic Fibromyalgia concentrating on the lower body. I have problems walking and rely on a rollator and I just turned 48.

Also, I have found that I am allergic to cow's dairy. That has been a blessing in disguise in ultimate proportions with a few minor "Aw Man"s" in there. (I miss pizza)

And to top it off, 5 years ago, I went total deaf. I knew that would happen and some days that is also a blessing. think teenagers and the fact that I don't have to hear them now. Mine are 16 & 17.

I do not take medicine of any sort. I used to be on Cymbalta and after a few years, even the strongest dose was not helping. I tend to have a high threshold for pain, so that helps, but I also have Tylenol 3 for a last resort.

I am in need of losing weight, but due to the pain and instability of my legs from the fibro and also my neuropathy, I'm not sure how to get the exercise. My eating is very good and healthy, I just lack in exercise. The doctor suggested swimming, but I ended up with stress fractures in my feet from that. Anyone have any ideas?

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I have a similar prob with my knees... I like to walk, they don't. I picked up a used recumbent exercise bike on craigslist cheap. Low impact and easy enough to start out on.

Sorry no one has posted but I and other I am sure are praying for you.

Lord bless.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a similar prob with my knees... I like to walk, they don't.

I picked up a used recumbent exercise bike on craigslist
cheap. Low impact and easy enough to start out on.
Thanks :hug: pumanator for your Rep-comment, & prayers re my Iceskating :D
see,
one day while practicing at age 55, them knees started whimpering :doh:- Well,
us skaters don't have time for nonsense; so
a family-member teased me about needing to EAT YOUR JELLO :thumbsup:
nuh-uh, said i like a fool: 'None o' that Junk belongs in me'
They said: Fine, suffer! & don't skate. <- UM,
no!
neither of those 2 were an option.
Eventually ................ I ATE JELLO 3x wk, 2x wk, 1x week, then none.
& Guess what!
My knees never hurt since: even at age 60 on the ice...for couple hours! :cool: How kewl is that!! :clap:

Upvote 0

kasietjie

Aug 8, 2011
Namibia
Visit site
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Kristina,

I also suffer from Fibromyalgia, and it's always chronic as there is no cure - unless Divine healing! You will also find it will not only stay in part of your body, but any other stressors can worsen it. I had a burnout and that triggered the whole thing into a few degrees worse.
Thinking of you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
my mom use to hammer a spoon full of the stuff in medical form for as long as I can remember, unfortunately you ended up with rheumatoid arthritis and unsure how much dosing helped. I know I could do better all around with diet and exercise...but it's really gotten hard.

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I recently got a confirmed diagnosis of the following:

Neuropathy of the right side. I am totally numb from right shoulder to right ankle. Muscles work fine, but I can't feel anything. I've been purposely burned with a lit cigarette by a brother who did not believe me.

Chronic Fibromyalgia concentrating on the lower body. I have problems walking and rely on a rollator and I just turned 48.

Also, I have found that I am allergic to cow's dairy. That has been a blessing in disguise in ultimate proportions with a few minor "Aw Man"s" in there. (I miss pizza)

And to top it off, 5 years ago, I went total deaf. I knew that would happen and some days that is also a blessing. think teenagers and the fact that I don't have to hear them now. Mine are 16 & 17.

I do not take medicine of any sort. I used to be on Cymbalta and after a few years, even the strongest dose was not helping. I tend to have a high threshold for pain, so that helps, but I also have Tylenol 3 for a last resort.

I am in need of losing weight, but due to the pain and instability of my legs from the fibro and also my neuropathy, I'm not sure how to get the exercise. My eating is very good and healthy, I just lack in exercise. The doctor suggested swimming, but I ended up with stress fractures in my feet from that. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. It's not easy and even more difficult without proper diagnosis. Not good you're ill but now that you're diagnosed hopefully you'll be able to get some really good support.

Upvote 0