Not open for further replies.

Seekermeister

Feb 12, 2007
✟7,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was looking for a better place to post this, but everything that I tried wouldn't permit it. Therefore, please advise if there is a more suitable place to post.

I am a Christian that has long felt a calling to use internet forums for the purpose of representing Christian values to the people most in need of them. Thus, I tend to focus on nonbelievers of all catagories. Obviously, this tends to cause conflicts at times, but I always try to handle them in a Christian fashion.

With this in mind, I joined the EggXpert Forum, which is an offshoot of newegg.com, which I have found to be one of the better sources to purchase computer related items online. In fact, I am a founding member of the forum, and had no problems there until recently, when a couple of persons in the debate forum took their dislike for me, which was simply based on my faith, and started trolling me throughout the forums boards.

As a device to annoy me, they made formal complaints to the forum adminstration about my signaturebar (which contained the same biblical quote as my signature does here), and said that it was offensive, and wanted it removed. I have been a member of many different forums, most of which were not Christian, and never has anyone suggested that this verse is offensive. Even at this forum, most of the members thought that it was acceptable. But the forum admin was obviously only interested in appeasing these two people, who had post many, many lies, and statements that were without question, offensive to any reasonable person, Christian or not. I know that most anyone reading this has seen similar things themselves.

Despite support from the membership of the forum, the admin demanded that I remove the signaturebar, which I refused, because that would be saying that the verse or any quote from the Bible was offensive, and that I shall never do.

Without going into long details about the sequence of PMs in this regards (which made no progress), I was banned from the forum entirely. This was after a separate PM with another member, in which I advised him that if the issue were forced any further, that I would contact every Christian forum on the web, and advise them of the situation. I told him that he could advise the admin about this if he saw fit, but didn't really care, because I had ceased discussion with the admin after many hours of discussion.

Why am I posting this here? Because I believe that Christians deserve to know how any businesss will treat them, before doing business with them.

I did not post this to start any debate or to obtain any advice, except in terms of posting, as I stated in the beginning. But, I wouldn't mind hearing how others feel, and perhaps Newegg might be interested also.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.