Newborn Baby Abandoned in Cardboard Box in Alaska Survives Single Digit Temperatures

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By any reckoning, the odds that an abandoned newborn would survive in Alaska would be slim and none. But with temperatures in the single digits and a wind chill of 12 below on New Year’s Eve, it would surely qualify as a miracle.

“The baby was found by Fairbanks resident Roxy Lane, who posted a video on social media of the note and the baby, who was swaddled in blankets and cooing softly,” wrote Patrick Reilly. “Lane wrote in the post that she had found the infant in a cardboard box near a row of mailboxes by her home. “

According to state troopers who took the baby to a local hospital, the child was “found to be in good health.”

What did the note say?

Please help me!!!” the note began.

“I was born today on December 31, 2021 (at) 6 a.m. I was born 12 weeks premature. My mom was 28 weeks when she had me. My parents and grandparents don’t have food or money to raise me. They NEVER wanted to do this to me,” the note reads.

Continued below.
Newborn Baby Abandoned in Cardboard Box in Alaska Survives Single Digit Temperatures - LifeNews.com

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't understand how someone could do that. We have this law:

The Safe Haven Act of Massachusetts (2004) allows a parent to legally surrender newborn infants 7 days old or younger at a hospital, police station, or manned fire station without facing criminal prosecution.
They suspect she was not aware of it. But still... :eek:

Upvote 0