Jun 11, 2005
✟1,096,981.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since the emails discovered were "unconnected to an unrelated case" it seems obvious that they were obtained from the devices of Huma Abedin and her estranged husband former Congressman Andrew Weiner.

Weiner is being investigated for purportedly sending pictures of his nether regions to an underage 15 year-old girl in North Carolina.

While a remote possibility exists that Abedin, who has every reason to want nothing to do with Weiner, might have texted or emailed him about sensitive matters, it is unlikely she did after June, 2011, when she learned of his infidelities and resigned from Congress.

Benghazi didn't occur until September, 2012.

The entire thing seems very politically motivated to me, occurring 11 days before the election. But Comey should be very direct about exactly what they are investigating and where they obtained the emails.

What really upsets me about all this is that we have:
  • Trump, who wants to destroy our democracy;
  • The Republican House of Representatives, who want to destroy our democracy;
  • The Republican Senate, who wants to destroy our democracy;
  • The FBI, who is complicit in this treachery.
I don't really think they care how they do it (and even though I don't believe in all that Illuminati business, I'm beginning to). They can destroy it by letting Trump be President. By making Clinton's life a living hades. By letting Supreme Court vacancies go unfilled.

I am unimpressed by the emails I've seen so far--and am satisfied that none of the first group were classified.

I voted on Tuesday, and, even if Clinton resigned, Kaine would still make a much better, safer President than Trump.

Maybe people will eventually make judgments based on Kaine and Pence, since I predict Trump, if elected, would face impeachment during the first 90 days.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What really upsets me about all this is that we have:
  • Trump, who wants to destroy our democracy;
  • The Republican House of Representatives, who want to destroy our democracy;
  • The Republican Senate, who wants to destroy our democracy;
  • The FBI, who is complicit in this treachery.
I don't really think they care how they do it (and even though I don't believe in all that Illuminati business, I'm beginning to). They can destroy it by letting Trump be President. By making Clinton's life a living hades. By letting Supreme Court vacancies go unfilled.
Wow. It's the nasty evil treacherous Republicans who want to destroy our democracy by reopening the investigation on Hillary Clinton.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,096,981.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow. It's the nasty evil treacherous Republicans who want to destroy our democracy by reopening the investigation on Hillary Clinton.

It's a given that most Republicans hate government. That's why they do what economist Paul Krugman calls "starve the beast." They cut taxes for the wealthy and then say, "We have no money," so that they can cut social programs. And all this time people just thought they wanted to reward the rich--not punish the poor!

Most want to privatize Medicare and Social Security. Some want to abolish almost all the Cabinet posts. In other words, they want to set up a society that doesn't work.

But investigating Hillary is just one of their ideas. If that doesn't work, and Trump wins, Trump will do all the work for them, because he is the real disaster for America. But let's say that doesn't work. If they let the Supreme Court get whittled down to zero by attrition, our checks and balances will be gone.

This post refers to a substantial majority of Republicans holding office today. I acknowledge that there are perhaps some exceptions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,096,981.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is their right to dislike big government, but it's not right for them to use the tactics they use: obstructionism, costly and time-consuming investigations yielding NO results, refusing to evaluate potential Supreme Court nominees, etc.

It's like their party is in shambles because they couldn't come up with a better candidate than serial sexual abuser Trump, and so, rather than rebuild their party, they just want to take down the government with it.

I would respect them if they made an honest attempt to do the hard work of legislative compromise and negotiation. They had a chance to consider a bill that 83% of Americans agreed with--limiting assault weapons--and instead they went on vacation. How is that serving the people? Why did they not say, "Yeah, the NRA made me a $25K campaign donation, but the safety of Americans is more important, and it is definitely the will of the people."

Once again, I recognize that there are exceptions. I looked at a list. Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Dean Heller, Mark Kirk, Lindsay Graham. On some issues John McCain. There may be others.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's a given that most Republicans hate government.today.
And thus the FBI investigates Hillary Clinton. I get it. It's all a vast right wing conspiracy against Bill and Hillary. Bill even said so himself.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,096,981.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The FBI is not "investigating" Hillary Clinton (some people watch too much Fox News...sigh).

They found, presumably, Weiner's and Abedin's devices in connection with his sexting to teens case. They saw that the devices contained more than just pictures of Weiner's nether regions (and were probably very grateful). Any messages that may appear on Abedin's phone might have already been accounted for. Or there might not even be messages from Clinton. Or Abedin might have sent messages they question.

Some speculate this is throwing a bone to the Congressional ghouls running for reelection so that they can tell their constituents that "even though we don't pass any legislation or do anything constructive for the $200 grand you pay us each year, you need to reelect us to investigate Hillary Clinton."

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The FBI is not "investigating" Hillary Clinton (some people watch too much Fox News...sigh).

They found, presumably, Weiner's and Abedin's devices in connection with his sexting to teens case. They saw that the devices contained more than just pictures of Weiner's nether regions (and were probably very grateful). Any messages that may appear on Abedin's phone might have already been accounted for. Or there might not even be messages from Clinton. Or Abedin might have sent messages they question.

Some speculate this is throwing a bone to the Congressional ghouls running for reelection so that they can tell their constituents that "even though we don't pass any legislation or do anything constructive for the $200 grand you pay us each year, you need to reelect us to investigate Hillary Clinton."
We have 'ghouls' in Congress. Someone call Ghostbusters! I'm sure there are no Democratic Party ghouls.

And it's all old news anyhow? Not really an investigation no matter what the FBI says. And we already know Hillary Clinton is NOT involved. Really only of interest to Anthony Wiener. What flavor is that Kool-Aide?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Not investigating. Now that's funny.
It's a non-investigational investigation not really investigating Hillary Rodham Clinton for things not related to anything at all except for Comey promoting the egos of Republican ghouls (That last term is redundant and repetitive terminology fer sure). Oh, and it was a flash in the pan investigation to boot, already all but over according to the partisans, and of course exonerating the non-investigated investigatee.

I wonder if the Dem speculation meme generation machine has guessed yet how many millions Trump paid Comey to do this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tweets are reliable sources now?
I'd actually agree with you most of the time about that. However, since the "breaking news" was coming quickly at the time I posted those, Tweets were all there was, since it's quicker to post a tweet than write an "official" article or post a video. The actual articles weren't written yet, and the on camera interviews weren't done yet.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Note how many allegations have been made against the Republicans in this thread.

Consider this: are any of the things that they are accused of doing even illegal?

Consider this as well: the word "treachery" has been thrown around in this thread. But it was not in reference to careless or malicious handling of national secrets, but rather in reference to investigating whether a presidential candidate did those things.

• Agree
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is their right to dislike big government, but it's not right for them to use the tactics they use: obstructionism, costly and time-consuming investigations yielding NO results, refusing to evaluate potential Supreme Court nominees, etc.

It's like their party is in shambles because they couldn't come up with a better candidate than serial sexual abuser Trump, and so, rather than rebuild their party, they just want to take down the government with it.

I would respect them if they made an honest attempt to do the hard work of legislative compromise and negotiation. They had a chance to consider a bill that 83% of Americans agreed with--limiting assault weapons--and instead they went on vacation. How is that serving the people? Why did they not say, "Yeah, the NRA made me a $25K campaign donation, but the safety of Americans is more important, and it is definitely the will of the people."

Once again, I recognize that there are exceptions. I looked at a list. Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Dean Heller, Mark Kirk, Lindsay Graham. On some issues John McCain. There may be others.

you do know that throughout the history of our government these above accusations have been leveled at one side or the other for the majority of it's existance. and in spite of that the US has continued to exist.
This latest tug of war is not exceptional, but instead is just politics as usual.
the only difference is that more people know about these things now than used to be the case.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Note how many allegations have been made against the Republicans in this thread.
It's like we are Republicans and Democrats, two distinct species, both called Catholic, but entirely alien from one another. We SHOULD be one species of Catholic and not even separate ourselves by political labels.

Oh well, we're too far gone for that. We spend more time defending those of our political tribe than our religious tribe, going to great lengths to attack those of other political tribes. So a pro-life Catholic will bend over backwards supporting and defending Donald Trump. An ostensibly pro-life Catholic will bend over backwards supporting and defending Hillary Clinton.

Neither should be supported and defended but those candidates should be begging us for their votes by bending over backwards in supporting our agenda. Instead we support theirs. That's stupid considering the size of our voting block, except that the block has now been dissolved.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.