New House speaker has reputation for being a man of faith, family and conservative convictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
After all, if one truly believes that human beings are simply an accident of nature, each person is completely free to choose what he defines as moral, and could decide it is not immoral to kill one. After all, if one believes there is no creator, one is ones own god.
I guess that it's lucky for everyone you know that you're a Christian.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's pretty much who voted, absent a few dead people who voted for Trump. But not enough of them to swing the election.
It's time to put the 2020 election in the rearview mirror and conclude that the Dems stole that election fair and square (compliments to the late senator S. Hayakawa).

Back to the thread, I like Mike Johnson; he speaks coherently, you know, in sentences. Why others do not is a mystery to me. Are they just irrational heterophobes or religiophobes?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Back to the thread, I like Mike Johnson; he speaks coherently, you know, in sentences. Why others do not is a mystery to me. Are they just irrational heterophobes or religiophobes?
Great. He can speak sentences. The issue isn't how he speaks sentences, but what the sentences mean.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's time to put the 2020 election in the rearview mirror and conclude that the Dems stole that election fair and square (compliments to the late senator S. Hayakawa).
Sorry, Trump's own AG investigated and found no significant cheating. A number of Trump supporters were arrested for voting dead people, but not nearly enough to swing the election. Dozens of courts dismissed the frivolous lawsuits asserting that the election was stolen. Ultimately, the deniers, egged on by Trump, tried to overthrow the government to cancel a fair a free election. Trump himself privately admitted that he lost. Accept the reality and move on.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
'You are going to vote for a man who sexually assaulted a woman?'
'Well hey, he didn't actually rape her.'
That's the moral standard of today's republican party.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Great. He can speak sentences. The issue isn't how he speaks sentences, but what the sentences mean.
It's possible to gather meaning from one who speaks in sentences. More difficult to gather meaning from non-sentences such as "Don't" or just merely cackling.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, Trump's own AG investigated and found no significant cheating. A number of Trump supporters were arrested for voting dead people, but not nearly enough to swing the election. Dozens of courts dismissed the frivolous lawsuits asserting that the election was stolen. Ultimately, the deniers, egged on by Trump, tried to overthrow the government to cancel a fair a free election. Trump himself privately admitted that he lost. Accept the reality and move on.
I have moved on. Historians will sort out the reality of the 2020 election. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It's possible to gather meaning from one who speaks in sentences. More difficult to gather meaning from non-sentences such as "Don't" or just merely cackling.
Fair. From the meanings in his sentences I believe he may as well be cackling.

Yes, don't is not a sentence. It is a contraction of two words, and the meaning of 'do not' carries a clear meaning.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I have moved on. Historians will sort out the reality of the 2020 election. Perhaps you should take your own advice.
The historians have already sorted it out, and the conclusion is Trump lost then tried to steal the election back from the true winner.

How can we move on when the loser of the previous election cannot move on and is trying to get back in power? Perhaps you should worry more about anything else other than what others are doing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, don't is not a sentence. It is a contraction of two words, and the meaning of 'do not' carries a clear meaning.
Clear? Grammar, my dear Watson!

In the absence of an explicit subject the only implied subject possible is "You" and that would be the questioner, Mr. Pelley. Even if we allow as a courtesy to the aged speaker some deference on the matter of subject there's still the absence of an object clause attached to his utterance. Even if we allow that he was trying to be politically evasive then I would refer you to the countless other unintelligible Biden Blunders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Clear? Grammar, my dear Watson!

In the absence of an explicit subject the only implied subject possible is "You" and that would be the questioner, Mr. Pelley. Even if we allow as a courtesy to the aged speaker some deference on the matter of subject there's still the absence of an object clause attached to his utterance. Even if we allow that he was trying to be politically evasive then I would refer you to the countless other unintelligible Biden Blunders.
Here we go again. The meaningless argument about who talks better than to others. It is a waste of time because actions speak louder than words.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Which historians would those be? Got any citations?
Sorry, but a discussion like that veers from the topic of a man and conservative convictions....

Now if you wanted to discuss the many conservative convictions in Georgia. that may be on topic! maybe? LOL

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok

How is that humanly possible? The man is meant to be representing the US.
It gives a window into the amount of respect I hold for politicians. I'm 70, and I pay attention. I'm tired of being lied to. It's why I became an independent about21 years ago. Talk is cheap - especially in politics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess that it's lucky for everyone you know that you're a Christian.
The good news is that there are truly few actual atheists*, and even fewer with the courage to carry out what their beliefs allow. Though it is obvious in our world that it does happen. To get a feel for what such a "small time" player might be like, I highly recommend the book, "From the Corner of His Eye", by Dean Koontz.

*most self described atheists, when further questioned, turn out to actually be agnostics.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Talk is cheap - especially in politics.
Talk gives an indication of of the worth of the person who is talking. It also gives an indication of the morality of those who decide on that worth. Whether they think it's inconsequential or not. We are judged on what we decide.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It seems the heterophobes an religiophobes pursue the usual liberal tactic: first, try to murder the man's reputation in the womb, so to speak, eg., "orange hair" bad, conservative convictions bad.
LOL Nobody really knew his reputation until AFTER he became second in line to the Presidency! The rest of the post is meaningless.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
*most self described atheists, when further questioned, turn out to actually be agnostics.
You should discuss this with those who describe themselves as one or the other. I look forward to being involved in that thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.