NEW HERE! :D(former atheist)

S

sinning machine

Congratulations for coming to the Truth, your biggest challenge now is to navigate a course that remains with it, below is the Gospel/Good Tidings in two verses Isaiah 52:7&10

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that

bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace: that

bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation;

The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the

nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

A good way to test any doctrine or theory is to ask yourself does it speak of peace and salvation for all of GODS creation which is the good news.

GOD be with you

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I love your story kurama! :D actually I chose the name nirvana because nirvana is a rock band that happens to be my favorite band! :D nothing to do with Buddhism or anything I promise! I just love playing guitar and listening to music!

Ahh yes, I know of Nirvana but never heard the music (I'll check it out, it'd be great if I had Youtube though...banned in China).

I'd stay away from Buddhist theology, but its teachings are so great. The act of disregarding the obsession of material wealth (i.e. money) and the importance of spiritual wealth (i.e. happiness) is very respectable in my opinion. Along with non-aggression, I think this teaching is compatible with Christianity.

Thanks, I feel flattered :blush:, yeah, I wish I was older so that I could post in more forums. And I'm not a great speller, I have good grammar and it seems my computer has some sort of spelling correction function. I wondered where I heard that word before.

Excellent grammar, when I was your age...well I'd appear illiterate here! I believe that my greatest skill in writing is my vocabulary. Free Rice helped me quite a lot...you should check it out! Won't say anymore about it...it's really good for your writing as well as helping the poor.

Just so you know, you can be a Christian and still accept evolution as a scientific fact. That's what the Catholic Church believes.

Don't mind me for preaching :thumbsup:. Take it as a little introduction to the Catholic faith...

Catholics have always been drawn to one thing: truth. Some of the greatest scientists were Catholic, a few being monks (such as Austrian monk Gregor Mendel, the father of modern genetics). We see the Scripture as infallible and we revere the teachings of Jesus Christ [the Sacred Tradition] in high regard. We fund scientific research and we are at the forefront of development. We see science as something that will greatly benefits the human race, as well as something to help us understand our world more (God works in mysterious ways, He has not revealed everything to us...science is there to do just that). That is why we do not support the horrors of stem cell and human cloning research, which kill innocent lives. We are ardently against eugenics (the crimes the Nazis committed to create the ''master race'').

We do not believe that the Bible should be taken word-for-word literally, unlike the Quran, and we see that the book is not God's last word. We believe that Holy Spirit is among us, and guides us through the Church. We're more active that way, we uphold the Sacred Tradition of Jesus by being the largest aid organization in the world.

I have to say that, as an Old Earth Creationist, evolution has so much evidence to support it that it is simply mainstream knowledge now. I believe it would be blasphemy against God to disregard all the geological evidence which states that the world is billions of years old, and the various bones and artifacts which show that we descended from other animals. God works in myserious ways...He wouldn't hide this evidence from us, it was all waiting to be found.

As one of my atheist friends said, ''You are one of the only Christians I can reason with, God must really love you if he made you so special among other species.'' ^_^

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am new here to this forum, i just became a christian last night and gave my life to christ. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and find some new friends on here that can help me on my journey of living my new found christian life! :D
I also have a story about how i got saved and the journey along the road that i am willing o tell if anyone is interesting in hearing it (or reading it i should say ^_^). But i will save those of you who wouldnt want to hear me babble on about it. So whats up everyone! hopefully i find me some friends on here to talk to about random things, and also help me with my new life in christ! :D

!

Wow, welcome to the forums.

If I could inject a piece of advice (highlighted to the right if you want to read): As a new Christian, please don't beat yourself up too much (convict,) and don't try to rid yourself of every single thing you find contradictory to God (deleting music, dropping friends, etc.) From experience, the "trying to be perfect immediately" thing is a good told of the enemy, because if you realize you failed to be "perfect" especially in a short time, it can be highly discouraging. Take it slow, trust Christ, and talk to your brother and sisters if you want fellowship, or need advice.

Again, welcome brother.

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
portail_welcome_zpse957ec12.gif

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am new here to this forum, i just became a christian last night and gave my life to christ. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and find some new friends on here that can help me on my journey of living my new found christian life! :D
I also have a story about how i got saved and the journey along the road that i am willing o tell if anyone is interesting in hearing it (or reading it i should say ^_^). But i will save those of you who wouldnt want to hear me babble on about it. So whats up everyone! hopefully i find me some friends on here to talk to about random things, and also help me with my new life in christ! :D

very cool :) i pray the Lord use you in mighty Ways here ... you are in a unique position :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums