New guy on the Forum

Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

My name is Nikola. I am 39, married to my beautiful wife - Helen, and we have two girls - Anna and Mikaela. I am living in Bulgaria. I am a full time minister of the Gospel since 1994. If You want to get to know my family better, You can visit my YouTube channel devoted to short video teachings about how to practically live for the Lord Jesus. Since I can't post the link here yet (I don't yet have 50 posts or more), let me just tell You to go to YouTube and in the Search engine, write "Life of Jesus YouTube Channel". The first result that comes will say exactly the same thing: "Life of Jesus YouTube Channel". The photo associated with it is a guy with a blue shirt and yellowish tie, on a dark yellow background - that's me.

It's connected with the Life of Jesus Website (You will find a link to it in the description of all the videos in the above channel), which has gathered more than a million views over the years - my website, where, again, You can read about my family.

I'll be happy to read your comments and thoughts.

Blessings!

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, Nikola. I see you've introduced yourself in about another dozen places on the forum. Not sure if that means you see yourself as seeking to make yourself as many different homes, you're a wander who doesn't yet know where you might settle, or you're just spamming the lot of us. But rather than jumping to any hasty conclusion, we'll let your future way of conducting yourself reveal the answer to that question.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, Nikola. I see you've introduced yourself in about another dozen places on the forum. Not sure if that means you see yourself as seeking to make yourself as many different homes, you're a wander who doesn't yet know where you might settle, or you're just spamming the lot of us. But rather than jumping to any hasty conclusion, we'll let your future way of conducting yourself reveal the answer to that question.
Thanks, GraceSeeker,

Thanks for Your comment.

Yes, I've introduced myself in several other places too. Among other things, I am a correspondent by profession, and I have a LOOOOOOOT of friends, whom I have made by corresponding with them. Instead of doing it step by step, I prefer to post myself everywhere where I can see any relevance, and see what the Lord does and whom I meet.
My reason to join the Weslean part of this web site as well, is because I love John Wesley, learned from him a lot (from the books and tapes I've translated over the years). Recently I translated and published a book by Roger Olson, about Arminian Theology and Calvinism, and since I am an Arminian myself, I appreciate John Wesley's contribution very much.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Among other things, I am a correspondent by profession
That sounds interesting. For print or what media?

My reason to join the Weslean part of this web site as well, is because I love John Wesley, learned from him a lot (from the books and tapes I've translated over the years). Recently I translated and published a book by Roger Olson, about Arminian Theology and Calvinism, and since I am an Arminian myself, I appreciate John Wesley's contribution very much.

Blessings!
It may be we who will be privileged to be the learners from your exposure to Wesley.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That sounds interesting. For print or what media?

It may be we who will be privileged to be the learners from your exposure to Wesley.
I own my own Publishing House here in Bulgaria and am translating and publishing different key materials, especially books on prayer and intercession, and basics of theology and history. Wesley was heavily participating in the last book I translated and published about Arminianism.

I have enough knowledge to be able to help in the area of graphics design, web design, WordPress, audio and video mastering, transcription services, etc., so, if anybody needs a hand in these areas, You can use me.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Recently I translated and published a book by Roger Olson, about Arminian Theology and Calvinism,

Interesting the timing of things. I just received notice of this quote from Roger Olson through another source:
I consider anyone a fellow Arminian who is an orthodox Protestant Christian (justification by grace alone through faith alone) who believes in human inability to initiate a saving relationship with God apart from prevenient grace (whatever they might call that), corporate election, prevenient grace (again, whatever they might call it), universal atonement, and resistible grace and does not believe God “designed, ordained, or rendered certain” the fall of humanity and all of its consequences. Yes, that’s a large tent and I invite anyone who fits that profile into/under it—whether they agree with Arminius about other matters or not and whether they call themselves Arminian or not.

source: Rogerspeak

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting the timing of things. I just received notice of this quote from Roger Olson through another source:

source: Rogerspeak

That reminds me, do you know a good, concise book that explains the scriptural basis for Arminianism and that gives the scriptural basis for and the arguments against Calvinism? Looking through the Roger Olson books on Amazon, I see some that might be really good. But, what do you recommend?

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That reminds me, do you know a good, concise book that explains the scriptural basis for Arminianism and that gives the scriptural basis for and the arguments against Calvinism? Looking through the Roger Olson books on Amazon, I see some that might be really good. But, what do you recommend?
I have already read and translated and published in Bulgarian Roger's book: Arminianism - myths and realities. It speaks about the 10 common myths about Arminianism - all claimed by the Calvinists. They are very well explained, without fighting with the Calvinists, because, there are Scriptures for some of the basics, but when You go deeper, there are really no Scriptures to prove either view. When it comes to matters such as: the origin of evil, the free will and the sovereignty of God, You can twist things however You want.

The other book, which is not so thick, would be his book: Against calvinism. There he explains more in depth specifically about Calvinism. It's good too, from what I read as a comment, but I have not read the book itself.

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any books to recommend. In seminary I read some that were records of the old arguments that each side made against the other. But I didn't find it any more productive than what continues in the present where you have active conversational forums on the topic.

How about we just read and critique Jonathan Edward's "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God"?

Upvote 0