Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once they see the error of their ways, they have to deal with the trauma of having mutilated their bodies.

Their number may not be legion yet, but it will be, and soon. They’re the people, most of them extremely young, who were convinced by parents, friends, teachers, school psychologists, online “influencers,” psychotherapists, and/or doctors that they were transgender — only to realize, after subjecting themselves to puberty blockers, sex hormones, and perhaps even radical surgery in the name of “gender affirmation,” that they’d made a tragic mistake.

In the splendid new documentary Affirmation Generation, which is viewable for free on Vimeo starting today, we meet several such men and women.

One of them is a girl named Cat, who, after dreaming one night that she was a boy, asked her parents to take her to a doctor. He confirmed her transgender identity on her first visit and put her on testosterone — “T” — on her third.

At first, she enjoyed its effects: increased energy, a deeper voice. But after a few months, she developed edema, gained weight, and suffered heart palpitations. Soon enough, she saw that sex change is a fantasy — and an unhealthy one. “I don’t believe that anybody is born in the wrong body,” she now says, lamenting that because of so-called expert advice, “I thought I only had one path that I could take.”

Then there’s Joel, who wanted to be a girl. He was even luckier than Cat: his doctor prescribed estrogen — “E” — on Day One. Soon, Joel was an internet influencer: we see a video clip of him, lipsticked, bewigged, gushing about the wonders of “E.” But the high didn’t last long. A few months later, bearded and somber, he recalls his recent suicide attempt and psych-ward stint.

Continued below.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They tried to make Jazz the example of how amazing gender transition is. All they did was show how bad it is.

Continued below.

Upvote 0