New Catechumen

D+C

Apr 19, 2011
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After seven years of seeking and prayer I was accepted as a Catechumen at the liturgy this evening. It was a wonderful ceremony and the beginnings of a genuine homecoming. I'm actually joining the Coptic Church (British Orthodox Church) but although you might not be aware of it the answers and feedback I've had here on TAW has really helped me in this process, so just wanted to say thank you!

Wryetui

IC XC NIKA
Dec 15, 2014
The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
May God bless you all of the days of your life because you want to enter into His Church! You can change your icon whenever you want if you fell you are Orthodox :D But I would wait until Chrismation to make it more "official"! God bless you again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You can always write something under your name to identify your Church?

Personally I waited until I was baptized. Nothing says you have to though? You have certain "Orthodox rights" as a catechumen ... God forbid of course, but as a matter of information, a catechumen who dies is given an Orthodox funeral, and that isn't possible for others outside the Church.

But it was something I wanted to wait until I was officially received into the Church. I was afraid I'd be too likely to accidentally misrepresent the Church, and I didn't want to risk that, especially since I wasn't even baptized.

Upvote 0