New book raises some interesting ideas about Jesus 2nd coming

D_Parfozzi

Aug 30, 2015
✟15,117.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I read an interesting book that raised some very unique ideas about Jesus and the apocalypse. If anyone has read it please share your opinions. It's title is, "Monitor: They have been here since the Beginning" you have to order it as an ebook on Amazon but I think it's worth a read if you are interested in the subject of Jesus coming back.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I read an interesting book that raised some very unique ideas about Jesus and the apocalypse. If anyone has read it please share your opinions. It's title is, "Monitor: They have been here since the Beginning" you have to order it as an ebook on Amazon but I think it's worth a read if you are interested in the subject of Jesus coming back.
Brand new member, 2 posts, both about the same book.

You the author?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Can you give the cliff notes?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
I think agreeing on a definition of Truth is a good start but neither Einstein nor Churchhill were professional philosophers. How can we begin the debate?
What about 'That which is in accordance with fact or reality' ?

In philosophy there are many different definitions; Kant's dualistic classification is popular: analytic (truths by definition, such as mathematical statements), and synthetic (truths requiring experiential support); but - as the article suggests - there are always problems...

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think agreeing on a definition of Truth is a good start but neither Einstein nor Churchhill were professional philosophers. How can we begin the debate?

What debate?

I asked you to give us a summary of the book.

Can you do this, or not?

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Your ebook is fiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
funny-figure-shape-truth-circle-square.jpg

Upvote 0

gpldisciple

Disciple
Sep 2, 2014
Chico, CA USA
✟740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
PaulM50, no one need tell you, you just said it yourself because deep inside that empty place you feel, tells you the truth.

Truth by it's very nature is singular. Truth is found in only one person, one place, Christ Jesus. We as humans, and sinners are incapable of being truthful 100% of the time. We as humans with our limited capacity are unable to see the truth 100% of the time. We accept theories as truth (evolution for example), we accept lies as truth, and we seek the truth where it will never be found, from within. He tells us "lean not on your own understanding", yet even Christians fall for all the clever humanistic slogans, and the "brilliant" words spoken by philosophers. Most often if we look at what they say, we can find it was said thousands of years ago, and revealed to us by God's word, the Bible.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The second coming, Armageddon, apocalypse, end of the world. It's been promised over and over again. And yet to happen.

But I'm sure someone will reply saying it's going to happen very soon and I had better repent now or else.

I will quote scripture in the hopes of stirring your heart.

2 Peter 3:4
"They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IamSuperior

Aug 31, 2015
✟7,612.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Jesus isn't coming back. Sorry.

Upvote 0