Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear friends, greetings in the blessed Name of our Lord Jesus :). I trust that the Holy Spirit is prospering you both spiritually and physically. I’m certain that most of us are mature Christians and have been tempted and tested, and proved our worthiness to God. So, today I’d like to address those baby Christians – our brothers and sisters who’ve been saved only recently and are being relentlessly assaulted by Satan (1 Peter 5:8). There is an old adage that says that to build we have to tear down existing structures. A new life in Christ also begins that way, in pain, disarray, and confusion. It may be poignant for us to remember that God created the universe from nothing, and from utter chaos, darkness and emptiness (Genesis 1:2). By His Power God brings forth orderliness from randomness and chaos, but the transition to spiritual maturity is seldom pleasant.

Today, I’d like to refer to Matthew 5:29-30. The Lord Jesus spoke these words while denouncing adultery. Fanatics misinterpret these words to mean actual cutting off of limbs. The Lord is actually referring to spiritual discipline. When we’re first saved, the joy is indescribable (Matthew 13:44-46), and we want to tell the whole world (Mark 5:19-20)! But then as the days pass the struggle between our old nature and the Holy Spirit begins (Romans 7:7-25). The transition is painful, because we have to unlearn several things and start living and doing them differently. We become acutely conscious of our sinful nature as the Holy Spirit begins to unearth sin and rebellion in us, and starts burning away the chaff and dross, i.e., the baptism of fire in the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:11). The cleansing with fire or spiritual cauterization does hurt, but He’ll grant us the strength to endure.

The conviction of guilt and sin is not vague but very concentrated and focused. For example, the Prophet Isaiah was a profane man (Isaiah 6:5), while the Apostle Paul was a blasphemer and a murderer (1 Timothy 1:13). The conviction of the Holy Spirit is incisive (John 16:8) and can often be accompanied by misfortune. We should recall how the blind man who was healed by the Lord Jesus was cast out of the synagogue by the Pharisees (John 9:34). Financial disasters (credit card debts, mortgages), family problems (divorce, being shunned by friends and family), and even personal health problems could follow a new birth in Christ.

Being transformed into the Image of our Lord Jesus Christ requires both commitment and implicit faith in our Heavenly Father (Romans 8:28). We have to understand the things that beset us and not be surprised by them (1 Peter 4:12). The spiritual discipline described in Matthew 5:29-30 is not actually about giving up things, but giving ourselves or our right to choose to God (Luke 9:23-24). This is the battle of supreme sanctification. Sanctification is more than becoming pure and holy. It’s being set apart unto God and His work (Exodus 32:29). Abraham thought that God wanted him to kill his son (Genesis 22:1-19). This thought pattern had its roots in Abraham’s pagan origins in the land of the Chaldeans (human sacrifices). God was testing Abraham’s commitment and willingness to give up the one thing that was most dear to him, his son Isaac. Abraham was indirectly reminded by Almighty God that he wasn’t the one to sacrifice and redeem mankind, but that honor belonged to the Lord Jesus alone. We mistake sacrifice for obedience (1 Samuel 15:22, Hosea 6:6), and think that God wants us to give up things, while all the time He wants us to give up our freedom to choose. And now comes the most fascinating thing in a newborn’s life, a life of joy and peace (Galatians 5:22).

So, my new brothers and sisters don’t despair at the fiery trials that beset you. We’ve all been through them, and the God of glory will soon destroy Satan at your feet (Romans 16:20). Dear friends, those of us who are spiritually mature should strengthen our brothers and sisters (Romans 15:1) and help their transition into an adventurous journey with God.

Dear friends, I’m quite certain that all of you are sanctified, Holy Ghost baptized saints. Should there be any amongst you that don’t know the Lord yet, I pray that the Lord of the Universe will set you free from sin and disobedience into His glorious light and freedom. Amen.

[FONT=&quot]PS: Thanks for taking the time to read my scribble saints. If you find a lot of similarities between this writing and those of Rev. Oswald Chambers, that’s because the late Rev. Chambers is my mentor. Dear friends, please forgive me if I don’t respond to your mails and debates. I’m a full time college professor and haven’t the time to debate (that and I’m not very good at it.) “…..to they that overcome, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life which is in the paradise of God (Rev 2:7)….” Amen.[/FONT]

Last edited:

ALEA40

Nov 22, 2013
NC
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you and blessing to you! As a baby Christian I can identify 100% with your post:) My only regret is that it took me so long to find Jesus Christ. How could I not have known how amazing and glorious a life with Christ could be? As many trials that I may face now as a Christian, I do it with joy for Him. Peace and blessings be with you.:prayer:

Upvote 0