Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟15,560.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
My Quiz Score said:
You Scored as Monarchianism
You are a Monarchian. You seek to retain monotheistic belief but in doing so abandon the idea of a triune God. God exists as the Father only, though he can reveal himself in other ways in a manner similar to modalism. Jesus is a man who is adopted into the Godhead and given divine status. Jehovah's Witnesses still hold to this belief.

Monarchianism
100%​

Pelagianism
83%​

Socinianism
83%​

Nestorianism
33%​

Adoptionist
33%​

Donatism
33%​

Gnosticism
25%​

Arianism
25%​

Albigensianism
17%​

Monophysitism
17%​

Apollanarian
17%​

Modalism
0%​

Docetism
0%​

Chalcedon compliant
0%​

I do not follow Monarchism beliefs and do not even think mine are that close since I do not believe Jesus is God by adoption or in any other way. I probably through off the quiz results by answering question that were half true or where either true false was wrong with a middling answer.

One of those is whether people were able to stop sinning under the Old Testament with some more added on. The answer is no but they can under the New Covenant if they live by the Holy Spirit which they could of only looked forward to possesing under the Old Covernant. Since either extreme would have been wrong I chose a middle answer.

Pelagianism is more reasonable since my main disagreement with them seems to stem from their belief one can become righteous through human effort while I believe you can only become righteous through faith in Jesus Christ. This leads to our disagreement about the redemptive qualities of Jesus' death on the cross.

Socinianism is probably more of a fit though they put limits on God's knowledge because they believe if he was all knowing then man would not have free will. I disagree with that reasoning and believe God is all knowing. I probably sound more predeterminist than they do also but those questions were not on the quiz.

I did not check the rest.

Upvote 0

katallasso

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Him
Aug 28, 2005
Florida
✟16,324.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ya know, I don't think the RCC is as dead set against Ultimate Reconciliation as what the Fundies are! :D

I think your right Tavita. I forgot about the purgatory aspect of their beliefs.

Kat

Upvote 0

Alizera

Just trying to figure everything out.
Oct 23, 2008
Texas
✟8,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You Scored as Modalism
You are a modalist. You deny the trinitarian doctrine of one God in three persons and believe that God is one person who manifests himself in 3 different ways, though not all at the same time. Still prevalent in some Pentecostal churches.

Modalism
75%
Pelagianism
58%
Monarchianism
58%
Chalcedon compliant
58%
Socinianism
50%
Apollanarian
50%
Nestorianism
50%
Monophysitism
50%
Adoptionist
50%
Gnosticism
42%
Docetism
42%
Donatism
33%
Arianism
33%
Albigensianism
25%

Hmm...interesting. I never considered myself a heretic.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
You are a Nestorian. You hold that Jesus is two distinct persons, one human and one divine, sometimes acting out of one nature, and sometimes out of the other. Rejected by the Council of Ephesus in 431, but persisted until the middle ages.

75% Chalcedon Compliant

Honorable Mentions:
Apollonarian, Pelagianism, Modalism

Although I am considered a heretic by my Catholic family for having some very protestant leanings.

Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Luckily I'm a theologian! Imagine how much harder it would have been not to fall into heresy before a lot of these definitions were made.

before there were definitions on these issues there was discussion instead of heretics. My personal feeling would be that it is better to learn to get along and pray for one another while having a mutual goal of serving God rather than a cut and dry definition that is not in the scripture.

Before I knew the present definitions, I was not a heretic. It wasn't me that changed, it was my understanding of what others were actually saying.

bananna

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟15,560.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Banana said:
My personal feeling would be that it is better to learn to get along and pray for one another while having a mutual goal of serving God rather than a cut and dry definition that is not in the scripture.

I disagree since I really do not care if someone else calls me a heretic since my goal is to please God and not man. If I cared what a human being calls me then would consider myself to be disobeying God. I have also learned that if you are serving God then you will be at odds with others which is why Jesus told us he brought the sword and not peace. The only peace Jesus brings to earth is the peace between man and God and sadly not everyone will grab hold of it. I certainly would like peace between man and man but I am unwilling to accept the cost of such if the cost is giving up the true gospel of Christ.:(

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I checked out 'ok' @ 100%

Test Results said:
You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Reactions: Bananna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My results were...

You Scored as Nestorianism
You are a Nestorian. You hold that Jesus is two distinct persons, one human and one divine, sometimes acting out of one nature, and sometimes out of the other. Rejected by the Council of Ephesus in 431, but persisted until the middle ages.

Nestorianism100%Chalcedon compliant100%Apollanarian75%Modalism67%Arianism58%Pelagianism58%Monarchianism42%Donatism33%Monophysitism33%Adoptionist33%Gnosticism8%Socinianism0%Albigensianism0%Docetism0%

Reactions: Bananna
Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, I'm super Orthodox.:angel:

You Scored as Chalcedon compliantYou are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant 100%

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camethodactor

Sep 21, 2007
Claremont, CA
✟15,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
You Scored as MonarchianismYou are a Monarchian. You seek to retain monotheistic belief but in doing so abandon the idea of a triune God. God exists as the Father only, though he can reveal himself in other ways in a manner similar to modalism. Jesus is a man who is adopted into the Godhead and given divine status. Jehovah's Witnesses still hold to this belief.

Monarchianism
100% Socinianism
92% Gnosticism
83% Pelagianism
58% Adoptionist
50% Arianism
50% Nestorianism
25% Modalism
25% Apollanarian
25% Albigensianism
0% Donatism
0% Monophysitism
0% Chalcedon compliant
0% Docetism
0%

Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I disagree since I really do not care if someone else calls me a heretic since my goal is to please God and not man. If I cared what a human being calls me then would consider myself to be disobeying God. I have also learned that if you are serving God then you will be at odds with others which is why Jesus told us he brought the sword and not peace. The only peace Jesus brings to earth is the peace between man and God and sadly not everyone will grab hold of it. I certainly would like peace between man and man but I am unwilling to accept the cost of such if the cost is giving up the true gospel of Christ.:(
Definitions are a good thing, but trying to decide who is so wrong they should burn now rather than let God judge them... bothers me.

I've gotten a sense of humore about the "only heretics believe that" type statements.

The only gage I actually see scripture telling us to test is the actions of righteousness.

I like having lots of different views argued as long as I don't have to hear the rash claims that someone is going to hell for disagreeing with someone elses interpretation.

Bananna

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.