Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(OSV News) — Many single Catholics still hope for a real-life “meet-cute”: a charming or amusing first encounter with a love interest. But with church attendance declining among Millennials and Gen Z, the internet — and its ability to connect like-minded people from a distance — is a tool too powerful to ignore.

“I had sworn off dating apps, I thought they were really tacky,” an engineer named Chris told OSV News. “I also kind of wanted to have that story of, ‘We met at such-and-such an event.'”

However, Chris’ plans changed when in-person events came to a sudden halt with the COVID-19 lockdowns in 2020. Like many young people, he began to search for his match on a dating app.

According to a 2023 Pew Research report, 53% of U.S. adults under 30 have used a dating app, with one in 10 partnered adults — and one in five partnered adults under 30 — having met their current spouse or partner online.

But as dating apps grow in popularity, so too are services tailored to Catholics both proliferating and evolving.

Gather​

Continued below.