Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am sure this has been addressed befor but what happens to people, either in the past or now, that die that have never heard of Jesus or God? I have to believe there is a way for them to get into Heaven? Can this also be true for people who have heard but just in passing, can they still get into Heaven?

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a question that is hard to explain or understand. The Bible tells us that God's law is written in our hearts and that we really do not have to have a teacher. You can find people that live in jungles and never see anyone - but their desire is to worship a higher power. God knows their heart and the Holy Spirit can guide them also. God will always provide a way to reach His children. We may not understand it, but we do not understand God's ways.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am sure this has been addressed befor but what happens to people, either in the past or now, that die that have never heard of Jesus or God? I have to believe there is a way for them to get into Heaven? Can this also be true for people who have heard but just in passing, can they still get into Heaven?

Hebrews 4 Gives us our answer.
11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word (As in how Jesus is described in John 1:1) of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Meaning Christ will divide our very essence into paper thin sheets and completely and righteouly judge all that we have been exposed to, even if that exposure was zero we will all face the same most righteous judgement. From their He will seperate the Sheep from the Goats, the wheat from the weeds the Wheat from the Chaff.

Upvote 0

Nails74

Jan 13, 2012
✟15,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are all guilty and are without excuse...

For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness of people who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth, since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse. [Romans 1:18-20]

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Romans 2:13-16 addresses that point - people with no Bible at all that show the New Covenant work of the Holy Spirit upon the heart - are saved.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

This is simple. God spoke to the prophets audibly, he has spoken to me audibly. And I know of stories of people who have had NDE's (near death experiences) who God has spoken to, and saved (they became Christians) with out anyone being around, again he speaks audibly or via visions. It might surprise some people but God does not need us to be witnesses, it is a privilege that he gives to us to share in his kingdom.

Upvote 0
P

Publius

If God has chosen someone to be saved, they will hear the Gospel.

You simply cannot be saved without hearing and responding to the Gospel, the response to which is an act of God, not of man.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

It's not revealed to us, thus we can't speak one way or the other. What we can do is trust in God and pray.

I think we should also prepare ourselves to be surprised by hope.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanx everyone. I did have faith God had it covered, I was just wondering if it was talked about somehwere I didnt know about.

If God has chosen someone to be saved, they will hear the Gospel.

You simply cannot be saved without hearing and responding to the Gospel, the response to which is an act of God, not of man.

I dont know if I can think this way. I have to believe everyone has a choice to be saved. If it is preordained then what is the point of controlling yourself? I think God gave us free will to choose him or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nails74

Jan 13, 2012
✟15,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont know if I can think this way. I have to believe everyone has a choice to be saved. If it is preordained then what is the point of controlling yourself? I think God gave us free will to choose him or not.
Unless we are making a god in our own image, our thoughts/ideas/opinions have no bearing on the character and nature of God. The God of the Bible needs to be defined on the basis of...the Bible.

What does God's word say?

Upvote 0