✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Alright,

I was going to leave this to my family, friends and Church, but now I'm calling every prayer card I can think of on this one. :)

I lost my job on May 18th and everyone knows what the job-market is like right now. I know this is nothing for God and although I have had a doubt or two creep in I still have faith in my spirit that this thing is going to pan out. The problem is we were in 'get-out-of-debt' mode as Scripture teaches and we had pretty much used any savings we had in this process. Obviously a stupid move, but nothing I can do about it now. Well, it looks like we're going to go surging deeper and deeper into debt if I cannot land a decent job soon. I am in the IT field but I have only been able to land one interview that went very well, but it was for a contract placement business not an actual hiring business so that's starting to look sketchy at best.

I know what all of you would tell me as far as the glorious Word is concerned and believe me we're on it. We're fighting to remain faithful and refuse to try any shortcuts or anything that even smells questionable as a means to an end. We're going to fast tomorrow as well.

Part of the frustration is that I have a family member who is a millionaire and knows my situation and is even in a church but hasn't even offered to lend us money and we've been nothing but good to them throughout our lives so that hurts. I know there is way more to life than money but to have a family member that could easily LOAN (not asking for charity here) us the money so that we can make it and not lose our house until I can get back on my feet financially is very frustrating. Heck we have another family member that could easily help us and hasn't even asked if we need 5 bucks, but we had some friends that said that if need be they would put our mortgage on one of their credit cards if they had to but that they would not stand by and see us lose our house without trying to help us even if it meant more debt for them. As you can imagine this has been encouraging and heart-warming but I just cannot let them do that.

What I simply need is heartfelt Holy Spirit led prayer. I could go on and on but I don't want to come across as whining, I'm just in the night and need joy in the morning.

God bless and thanks in advance for your prayers,
Steve (wife's name is Angie)
JS

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Come, Holy Spirit,
replace the tension within us with a holy relaxation.
Replace the turbulence within us with a sacred calm.
Replace the anxiety within us with a quiet confidence.
Replace the fear within us with a strong faith.
Replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace.
Replace the darkness within us with a gentle light.
Replace the coldness within us with a loving warmth.
Replace the night within us with Your light.
Replace the winter within us with Your spring.
Straighten our crookedness.
Fill our emptiness.
Dull the edge of our pride.
Sharpen the edge of our humility.
Light the fires of our love.
Quench the flames of our lust.
Let us see ourselves as You see us,
that we may see You as You have promised,
And be fortunate according to Your word,
Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God. Amen.
You and Angie are in my prayers, Steve.