Yes I am One Awesome Eagle
Dec 5, 2006
✟16,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi people of OBOB.

I am asking for prayers. Potentially made a large mistake at work that could get me screamed at or fired. No matter what, I'm going to get reprimanded and blamed somehow. Even though the mistake was fixed rather quickly, it's not good enough. It's impossible to keep the powers-that-be "happy." It's also impossible I find, to control the environment.

If not screamed at, then moved over to another project ("I don't think you can do this") or terminated. I have no motivation to do anything or go to work tomorrow. This kind of job drives my anxiety into the grave. Now I can't stop being paranoid. :(

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not all jobs have these working conditions! You are an adult and no matter what you did/might have done, there is never a need for an adult to scream at another adult.

That being said, you're a professional: wake up early tomorrow, be at work early or on time, and do your very best. If asked about the situation, explain what happened, how it was fixed, and what you learned from the situation- so your boss knows it won't happen again. Sometimes that is the only way I can keep myself going at my job too. :hug:

Upvote 0

Eretria90

Yes I am One Awesome Eagle
Dec 5, 2006
✟16,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Praying :crossrc:

Is this a regular occurrance, getting yelled at at work?

I don't know. I know that tomorrow my head is going to be put on the chopping block, and multiple parties are going to get involved with my questioning. It's not so much yelling as being told that I'm incompetent, cannot be trusted, etc. You have to understand that trying to please all these clients and our managers is next to impossible. A minor incident that is corrected immediately is treated as a a major incident, even if it's an environmental issue which I have no control over.

These people sit in their offices, go to meetings all day, and scream at the people (like me) doing "outside" work. I'm more worried about the clients involved, because they are the ones who can say to our managers that they don't want us working anymore. Next thing you know, you're moved over to another project or unemployed. I don't know who I'm more worried about, being questioned by my managers or by outside parties.

I was also openly insulted at a meeting today by someone I work closely with, which doesn't help either.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
ok, so from what I'm reading here it was a minor incident and it was corrected, so everything is now as it should be and you know what to do the next time this situation comes up, right?

That's called "learning from your mistakes".

There is not a person alive who has never made a mistake, so you should be in good company. But even if you are moved to another job it isn't the end of the world, merely a slight detour along your career pathway, AND another chance to prove yourself. :thumbsup:

Coping with career detours is also a part of the learning process. And who knows--you just might wind up in a better work situation! :) :hug:

Whatever happens, God already has this one under His control, so get some rest tonight.

Upvote 0