• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

need mans point of view

Diego84

Aug 21, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
✟141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I hate to get you upset or worried, but you have to question his reasons for doing that. Cheating on someone is never a purely physical thing -- In fact, it starts with the heart (unmet emotional needs -- at least in his mind), and there's something going on his heart that he needs to address, before it does go any further.

God bless you in this situation.

Upvote 0

fisherman2

Nov 28, 2003
penna, usa
Visit site
✟15,750.00
Faith
Christian
YOu need to communicate, both of you. If he did ask him why, what is he looking for or what is missing that you are not giving him. Talk it out NOW, don't wait. As they say nip it in the bud. Like the other reply says''In fact, it starts with the heart (unmet emotional needs, you should know if this the case or not. Talk it out. I wish you the best.

Upvote 0

llghoney

Life is preparation for eternity
May 31, 2005
✟23,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you soooo much for your replies!!! We have talked about this now for 4 days. The point of the whole situation is that I found the info he did not come to me & tell me because he knew how I would react. Also, my b'day was Sat. & I found out Thurs. night. It has not been an easy couple of days needless to say. All we have done is talk since then. It is just very very hard. I sometimes think I could be better off but then I think yeah I have not given him what he needed as a wife. I really appreciate the replies!!!

Upvote 0

Adoniram

Jan 15, 2004
Missouri
✟16,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
llghoney-

Perhaps the problem lies not with "you not giving him what he needs," but rather his respect for you. Paul teaches "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it." Eph. 5:25 By doing this he is certainly not showing love for you. Can he not see how he has crushed you? My wife would move out in a heartbeat if I ever did something like that. Talking is good, and I hope things work out for the best for you.

If both of you are Christians, maybe you should pray together about it. If he is sincerely sorry, God will forgive, and you should too. Gaining the trust back will be difficult, but you can do it with God's help.

Upvote 0

GutterRat

Senior Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
Chi-town...area...burbs.
Visit site
✟3,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Adoniram said:
llghoney-

Perhaps the problem lies not with "you not giving him what he needs," but rather his respect for you. Paul teaches "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it." Eph. 5:25 By doing this he is certainly not showing love for you. Can he not see how he has crushed you? My wife would move out in a heartbeat if I ever did something like that. Talking is good, and I hope things work out for the best for you.

If both of you are Christians, maybe you should pray together about it. If he is sincerely sorry, God will forgive, and you should too. Gaining the trust back will be difficult, but you can do it with God's help.

I think this is excellent advice. It is a two way street - even if you are not giving him what he needs ( and maybe he isn't even communicating his needs to you) - he still needs to respect you.

The main thing is, as everyone has said, keep talking & by ALL MEANS - PRAY!

Upvote 0