Ohio
✟7,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello to all. This is my first post here at Christian Forums, and I'm afraid there are so many different sub-forums here that I may be posting this in the wrong place. If so, please feel free to move it appropriately.

I will try to make this as brief as I can. Within the past couple of weeks I have had an experience which I cannot explain, and I'm hoping perhaps someone here could give me some insight about it. In my bedroom I keep my computer on a table next to a bookcase that is full of various items...different knick-knacks, medical documents, medications, books, etc. Plain and simply, I went to bed one night and had a normal night's sleep. When I woke up the next morning, I went about my normal routine of getting ready for the day, and then turned on my computer to read the news, email, etc. I don't know why, but I happened to look at one of the shelves on the bookcase and noticed 2 photos printed on card stock. Both photos were taken in a town square in the city where I live. In the images you can clearly tell that the photos were taken after a winter storm had taken place, with everything covered in ice and snow. One photo clearly shows a statue of an ox placed in the park next to a bench and ice-covered tree limbs. In the background you can see some of the buildings which line the main street through town. In the second photo you see the top of a picnic table covered in ice, with icicles hanging from the top. In the background are more ice-covered branches of trees, with town buildings in the background along with a cannon assumingly place to commemorate those who fought in previous wars, or to remind citizens of how our city was defended against enemies. I truly don't know why it's there. It's just a part of the photo that seems to be relevant to the scene. There are various other minor details, but for the sake of brevity I will not list them all.

The central focus of the photos seems to be nothing more than the ice-covered limbs of the trees in the scenes. But there is one other relevant detail that I should mention, which is a white Mercedes parked next to a building in the background of one of the photos. Here's the part of this situation I cannot understand, and of which I'm perplexed: I have no memory of ever shooting these photos. It could conceivably be said that I have merely forgotten, but in such a situation where a winter storm would dump snow AND freezing rain on the city, I would not venture out to take photos (unless, perhaps, I was walking - and even that is doubtful). The roads that go up to the center of town are hilly, and I'm quite certain I would be concerned about sliding about on the ice.

To add to my confusion about this situation is that the the photos were NOT on my bookcase when I went to bed. I am very certain of that, as I would remember having them there due to the position they were located. The fact that I am certain I did not take these photos, and their sudden appearance on my bookcase, is a bit of a mystery to me. I'm not troubled by it, but I AM curious about how this situation came about, and was hoping for input from others regarding how this may have happened. Or why.

One last thing I will mention before I submit this post is the following: I am generally a fan of Google Maps, and quite often I will utilize their streetview function to "have a look around" a certain location that can be seen on satellite imagery. When I did that this afternoon, I positioned the "camera" in the streetview to the approximate location of where the photos would have been taken, and I was able to isolate the position where they were taken from. The imagery in the streetview was clearly taken during warm weather, as the trees were covered with green leaves, not ice, and there were people walking about. As I gradually moved from one end of the park to the other, I looked across the street at some of the buildings that were seen in the photos. In front of one of the buildings there was a white Mercedes parked in the exact same location as the one in the wintry photo.

I am perplexed, and hoping that perhaps someone could give me some insight as to how, and why, this situation has happened.

Thank you so much.

Reactions: Dave G.
Dec 8, 2019
Ohio
✟7,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Human memory plays tricks on us a lot of times.
Humans play tricks on us a lot of times.
Humans often do things and forget to tell us they did.

Simple explanation is usually the correct one.

Occam's Razor...yes, I understand that in most situations the simplest explanation is the correct one. I guess the question I need to ask is what is the simplest explanation. Can miracles be the simplest explanations?

I'll just say welcome to the forums. Anything I might input about your photos would be pure speculation. So anyway, welcome !

If you live with other people or have had visitors recently I would ask them if they know anything about it.

Agree with this completely.

Thank you all for considering my post worth responding to. I appreciate your input, and will give it thought. Any responses of my own will be posted later after I "pick my own brain" to figure out this puzzle. :scratch: :idea: ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2019
Ohio
✟7,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No.
Not in what you described, in your own words.

Sorry, I thought I deleted that after thinking more about it. My post was incomplete. But it did elicit a thought: If miracles are not the simplest explanation, then what's to say that the simplest explanation for the disappearance of Jesus' body wasn't simply that it was stolen?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I thought you have the "label" Christian.
Is that your choice ?
Sorry, I thought I deleted that after thinking more about it. My post was incomplete. But it did elicit a thought: If miracles are not the simplest explanation, then what's to say that the simplest explanation for the disappearance of Jesus' body wasn't simply that it was stolen?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 8, 2019
Ohio
✟7,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I reached the unspoken position years ago that trying to hold conversations with other Christians is like trying to play a game of Chess....each one wants to put the other into the position of "Check", for the ultimate sake of "Checkmate" in which they are proven right. I don't play Chess because I consider games to be relaxing, fun activities...not endeavors that frustrate us. If there are games which "challenge" the intellect, I'm not interested in them. Strategy is one thing. Out-maneuvering your opponent is something completely different.

My position is that you are making false assumptions about me based on your own misunderstanding of my words. I'm not interested in a back and forth discussion in which I justify my words to someone who simply wants to further pick them apart. I therefore apologize for coming to these forums to seek advice about my situation. I ask for a moderator of this forum to please either lock this thread, or delete it - whichever you deem more appropriate. But I feel it will be fruitless for me to continue my interactions here.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I reached the unspoken position years ago that trying to hold conversations with other Christians is like trying to play a game of Chess....each one wants to put the other into the position of "Check", for the ultimate sake of "Checkmate" in which they are proven right. I don't play Chess because I consider games to be relaxing, fun activities...not endeavors that frustrate us. If there are games which "challenge" the intellect, I'm not interested in them. Strategy is one thing. Out-maneuvering your opponent is something completely different.

My position is that you are making false assumptions about me based on your own misunderstanding of my words. I'm not interested in a back and forth discussion in which I justify my words to someone who simply wants to further pick them apart. I therefore apologize for coming to these forums to seek advice about my situation. I ask for a moderator of this forum to please either lock this thread, or delete it - whichever you deem more appropriate. But I feel it will be fruitless for me to continue my interactions here.
You see to already know that almost everyone has false ideas, notions, beliefs, doctrines, religions, and so forth.
There is no filter, no restriction, no fence, no door, nothing keeping all those false things from being presented , as you did, in this forum in many places, (some places are more restricted, for better or for worse),
and
thus everything , especially anonymous, must be tested and proven TRUE BEFORE accepting it. (except for necessary concessions in the rules of the site, and then in other ways if possible) .....

Upvote 0