Need help, knowing when God is speaking to me and not speaking to me through the word

JFD

Sep 12, 2022
Wellsburg
✟11,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
I don’t read my Bible as much as I should anymore. I don’t trust myself to interpret God‘s word, and what God may be trying to tell me through the Scriptures. I thought God had said something to me, and when it didn’t come to past I became, confused, disappointed, and lost. So I’m actively searching to know for sure what God is trying to tell me through the Scriptures so I could start reading my Bible again. I need to know that this is coming from God and not coming from my own mind of what I want to see happen. Anyway, I found this and I need some help and guidance. What does it mean in number one when it says inner witness, what is an inner witness?

1. Do I have an INNER WITNESS that this is the RIGHT thing to do?

2. Does GOD’S WORD support the decision or stand against it?

3. Do CIRCUMSTANCES present some special possibility or opportunity?

4. Do CHRISTIAN FRIENDS AND COUNSELORS support or oppose the decision?
5. Do I possess an INNER PEACE about taking this step?

• Prayers
Reactions: Lost Witness

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Anyone have an answer as to what an inner witness is?

It reads to be your intuition, or conscience to me.

Also, I'd just add that it may be helpful to find a study bible to read as well. They will have excerpts from experienced, and well educated individuals who are more adept at proper exegesis. Also, attending bible studies with your local church I've found to be helpful as well.

Upvote 0