[need help desperately] Thesis problem...

Suwandy

Apr 23, 2007
✟15,148.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Guys,
Desperately need your help please..
I am helping a friend of mine, giving away questionnaires for Thesis.
Please help me fill this questionnaire. I know it's a long one, but please help...

Thank you

P.S: this questionnaire is to research about online shopping..

Thank you so much...

Regards,

R

Part 1

1. What is your nationality? .................................................. ...................................

2. What is your sex?
a) M b) F

3. How old are you? ..........................

4. What is your occupation? .................................................. ...................................

5. What do you use the internet mainly for?
a) To look for information (reading news)
b) For entertainment (chatting, playing online games)
c) Communication (email, video conference)
d) Other (specify)…………………….

6. How long do you usually use the internet/ week?
a) <5 hours b) 6-15 hours c) 16-20 hours d) 21-30 hours e) >30 hours

7. Where do you mostly use the internet?
a) Office
b) Home
c) School/ University
d) Internet kiosk
e) Other, specify………………………………….

8. How is your general propensity to trust?
(1= strongly disagree, 2 = disagree, 3 = undecided, 4 = agree, 5 = strongly agree)

8.1 I feel that people are generally reliable.
8.2 I feel that people are generally trustworthy.
8.3 I generally trust other people unless they give me reason not to.

9. What do you think of shopping?
(1= strongly disagree, 2 = disagree, 3 = undecided, 4 = agree, 5 = strongly agree)

9.1 I view shopping as an important leisure activity.
9.2 For me, shopping is a pleasurable activity.
9.3 I would prefer somebody else to do my shopping.

10. What is your opinion about Information Technology & the Internet?

10.1 I think Internet brings more advantages than disadvantages to human life.
10.2 I’m not afraid to try new technology.
10.3 Working with computers is fun.

Part 2

1. Have you ever purchased anything online?
a) Yes b) No
If your answer is ‘Yes’ then go to no.3

2. Why haven’t you purchased anything online?
a) Payment issue
b) Privacy issue
c) Security issue
d) Shopping as leisure
e) Need it immediately
f) Not an internet savvy
g) Other, specify…………………….
Please continue to no.7

3. How many times have you purchased online in the last six months?
a) 0 b) 1-3 c) 3-5 d) >5

4. What website(s) did you purchase from?

.................................................. ...................................

5. Why would you buy something online?
a) Availability
b) Easy
c) Fast
d) Convenience
e) Other, specify…………………..

6. What kind of payment do you prefer to do an online shopping (assuming you are eligible to all options)?
a) Credit card
b) COD
c) Transfer via ATM
d) Electronic voucher
e) Other, specify………………

7. What types of product did you purchase/ would you purchase online?
___ Books
___ Computers
___ Flower
___ Electronic items (including mobile phone)
___ Travel (tickets)
___ Fashion, accessories
___ Food & Drink
___ Beauty product
___ Medicine/ Health product
___ VCD/ DVD
___ Other, specify…………………..

Part 3a

Review for ple.com.au

1. Are you familiar with this website?
a) Yes b) No

2. Have you ever purchased online from this site?
a) Yes b) No

3. Read the statements below and then put a tick (V) next to each statement under the
answer which comes closest to the one you think is the most appropriate. (1= strongly
disagree, 2 = disagree, 3 = undecided, 4 = agree, 5 = strongly agree)

1. Security
1.1 The website provides sufficient information about its terms and conditions 1.2 The website has adequately addressed consumers' concerns about security

2. Privacy
2.1 The website has adequately addressed consumers' concerns about privacy
2.2 I trust this website will take good care of my personal details
3. Branding
3.1 The site makes a good first impression
3.2 I find the site's visual design clear and professional
3.3 The site seems up to date

4. Usability (easy to use and navigate)
4.1 Access to information is quick and efficient
4.2 It is easy to find the information one is looking for

5. Assurance
5.1 The website gives me adequate assurance about the quality of the product
5.2 The website gives me adequate assurance about the delivery of the product in time

6. Size
6.1 This is a very large company
6.2 This company is one of the industry’s biggest suppliers on the web
6.3 This company has a regional presence

7. Reputation
7.1 This company is well known
7.2 This company has a good reputation
7.3 This company has a reputation for being honest
7.4 This company is known to be concerned about customers

Please give a number on each of the factors below to order them with the most important will be no.1 and the least will be no.7
___ Security
___ Privacy
___ Branding
___ Usability
___ Assurance
___ Size
___ Reputation

Part 3b

Review for shop.mgtech.com.au

a) Yes b) No

a) Yes b) No

3. Read the statements below and then put a tick (V) next to each statement under the
answer which comes closest to the one you think is the most appropriate. (1= strongly

1. Security
1.1 The website provides sufficient information about its terms and conditions 1.2 The website has adequately addressed consumers' concerns about security

2. Privacy
3. Branding

5. Assurance
5.2 The website gives me adequate assurance about the delivery of the product in time

6. Size

7. Reputation

Please give a number on each of the factors below to order them with the most important will be no.1 and the least will be no.7
___ Security
___ Privacy
___ Branding
___ Usability
___ Assurance
___ Size
___ Reputation

Part 3c

Review for nintek.com.au

a) Yes b) No

a) Yes b) No

1. Security

2. Privacy
3. Branding

5. Assurance

6. Size

7. Reputation

___ Security
___ Privacy
___ Branding
___ Usability
___ Assurance
___ Size
___ Reputation

Suwandy

Apr 23, 2007
✟15,148.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Information Letter to participant

Project Title: Study of Trust in E-commerce in Indonesia

You are invited to participate in this project, which is being conducted as part of the requirements of a Master of Professional Communication at Edith Cowan University – School of Communications and Contemporary Arts. This research project has gained approval from the Faculty of Education and Arts Ethics Committee. Details about the project are given below.
The purpose of the project is to investigate the effect of culture on trust in e-commerce, by using 2 countries as sample, Indonesia and Australia. The main purpose is to learn about the development of e-commerce in Indonesia and how to gain trust in e-commerce among Indonesians.

Participants who choose to contribute to this project will be asked to answer a questionnaire that consists of 29 questions that include close-ended questions which enquire participants’ internet and online shopping experience as well as open-ended questions which require participants’ further explanation for in-depth information. Parts of the questionnaires also require the participants to review 3 e-commerce websites those sell computers online. After the questionnaire has been filled, participants are required to send it back to the student’s email

Any information or details given for this study will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purposes of this project. All the original information will be stored in a lockable filing cabinet in the university and will be destroyed and shredded at the completion of this project. You will not be identified in any written assignment or presentation of the results of this project. The final report on the research will be submitted to Edith Cowan University.

Participation in this project is voluntary. If you choose to participate, you are free to withdraw from further participation at any time without giving a reason and with no negative consequences.
You are also free to ask for any information which identifies you to be withdrawn from the study.

Upvote 0

Kazamataz

Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well the thing thats put me off is the title you said you need help desperately.

But that isn't true at all, you just want people to fill in a questionnaire.

I would have been more inclined to fill it out if you had said something like.

Could you help with my thesis?
Or Doing a thesis need volunteers.

Upvote 0

Suwandy

Apr 23, 2007
✟15,148.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
huh?
What do you mean?
Look, my friend has give away this questionnaire for weeks.. but none returned, and since the deadline to submit the analyzed data is getting closer. So, what if I say truthfully, that my friend now is very desperate to just look the questionnaire filled. Every day my friend asked me if somebody actually has filled it.
What's bothering you with the desperate word.
Geez.. if you don't want to help then it's OK.. dont say it because of the desperate word... Do you know what's someones' feeling when they DESPERATELY waiting for their thesis to be helped but the sentence they got is "Sorry, can't help you because you are desperate, which you aren't. You just want people to help you."

Unbelievable.

Thanks a lot
may God bless you

Upvote 0

Kazamataz

Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
huh?
What do you mean?
Look, my friend has give away this questionnaire for weeks.. but none returned, and since the deadline to submit the analyzed data is getting closer. So, what if I say truthfully, that my friend now is very desperate to just look the questionnaire filled. Every day my friend asked me if somebody actually has filled it.
What's bothering you with the desperate word.
Geez.. if you don't want to help then it's OK.. dont say it because of the desperate word... Do you know what's someones' feeling when they DESPERATELY waiting for their thesis to be helped but the sentence they got is "Sorry, can't help you because you are desperate, which you aren't. You just want people to help you."

Unbelievable.

Thanks a lot
may God bless you
ok i take it you english is not that good.

I don't really understand what you are talking about.

here is the oxford english dictionary meaning of desperate:

feeling, showing, or involving a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.

As much as your friend would like this questionnaire to be filled out I hardly believe they are truly desperate.

Starvation, Poverty, Homelessness, Incurable disease's.
These a are all desperate situations.

Not your friends thesis, If your friend only has a week till the deadline why have they left it so late?

Don't you have a year to complete your thesis?

You clearly have never truly been desperate because if you had you wouldnt use the word so lightly.

You are the one who is unbelievable!

Upvote 0

Suwandy

Apr 23, 2007
✟15,148.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
ok i take it you english is not that good.
I don't really understand what you are talking about.

hey, boy, Thanks. I admit my english is not so good. But here's a lesson for you: If you dont understand something, doesn't mean you are smarter than others. Learn something to reduce your arrogance.

here is the oxford english dictionary meaning of desperate:
feeling, showing, or involving a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.

As much as your friend would like this questionnaire to be filled out I hardly believe they are truly desperate.
Starvation, Poverty, Homelessness, Incurable disease's.
These a are all desperate situations.
Not your friends thesis, If your friend only has a week till the deadline why have they left it so late?

Don't you have a year to complete your thesis?

You clearly have never truly been desperate because if you had you wouldnt use the word so lightly.

Again, boy, if you really don't understand the situation, don't talk like you understand. The time to complete a thesis, which I believe, you haven't got your hands into it, is SIX MONTHS.

About why have they left it so late -> hmm. This is interesting. you asked why? Do you even know if my friend had been giving away this questionnaire for weeks? I believe NO. Do you know if my friend asked for his friend to fill this but none returned? I believe also NO. Then why are you judging people about "Why they left it so late?"

About the Oxford dictionary problem, yeah. Thanks. Really, you should deal with your arrogance once in a time.

You are the one who is unbelievable!

Do you know why I call this unbelievable? I also believe, NO. but here let me explain.

1. you were bragging about the "desperate" word. Instead of helping people out, you'd just look into a dictionary to show how wrong I am with the word usage. I believe, if you'd donate your help instead of "dictionary time" the questionnaire will be filled.

2. I said unbelievable because, I and my friend thought, why don't we post in on a Christian forum? They should be helpful there. Any Christian people will help any other people, especially another Christian people. But, no, a person entering this thread was only complaining about how I don't use the proper word. That IS unbelievable.

I also post this in a gaming forum, where I really don't know what's their religion. But I am so grateful they are willing to fill the questionnaire and they see that we really need help. Well, not much, but out of 100 participants we need, we just got around 18 this far. But I am thankful for their time to fill this and they don't check the dictionary every time a person need their help to see whether that person use a correct sentence to ask for help.

Again, I am not forcing anybody to fill this questionnaire. But just in case anybody has spare time, browsing, looking on threads, I am only asking a few 10 minutes to help.

Upvote 0

oneofthem

Oct 16, 2006
Australia
✟8,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hey, boy, Thanks. I admit my english is not so good. But here's a lesson for you: If you dont understand something, doesn't mean you are smarter than others. Learn something to reduce your arrogance.

Again, boy, if you really don't understand the situation, don't talk like you understand. The time to complete a thesis, which I believe, you haven't got your hands into it, is SIX MONTHS.

About why have they left it so late -> hmm. This is interesting. you asked why? Do you even know if my friend had been giving away this questionnaire for weeks? I believe NO. Do you know if my friend asked for his friend to fill this but none returned? I believe also NO. Then why are you judging people about "Why they left it so late?"

About the Oxford dictionary problem, yeah. Thanks. Really, you should deal with your arrogance once in a time.

Do you know why I call this unbelievable? I also believe, NO. but here let me explain.

1. you were bragging about the "desperate" word. Instead of helping people out, you'd just look into a dictionary to show how wrong I am with the word usage. I believe, if you'd donate your help instead of "dictionary time" the questionnaire will be filled.

2. I said unbelievable because, I and my friend thought, why don't we post in on a Christian forum? They should be helpful there. Any Christian people will help any other people, especially another Christian people. But, no, a person entering this thread was only complaining about how I don't use the proper word. That IS unbelievable.

I also post this in a gaming forum, where I really don't know what's their religion. But I am so grateful they are willing to fill the questionnaire and they see that we really need help. Well, not much, but out of 100 participants we need, we just got around 18 this far. But I am thankful for their time to fill this and they don't check the dictionary every time a person need their help to see whether that person use a correct sentence to ask for help.

Again, I am not forcing anybody to fill this questionnaire. But just in case anybody has spare time, browsing, looking on threads, I am only asking a few 10 minutes to help.
Hi Suwandy.

Internet chat forums are probably not the most reliable sources when interviewing for a thesis. You can't prove that everyone here is aussie either.

Do you live in a part of Indonesia where there are Aussie and New Zealander tourists? That may be better for you.

I'm not sure if you will have much of a response here now. I hope it all works out for your friend.

Peace

oneofthem

Upvote 0

Suwandy

Apr 23, 2007
✟15,148.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, I currently working at another country, where no / few Australians or NZ spotted.

Yeah, I realized I've entered a no-help-zone here. Wrong time and wrong forum to ask for help I guess :)

Anyway, oneofthem, thanks for your help. Sorry for disturbing this forum's peace.

Hope to see you in a real life :)

Thanks
Bye
Gbu...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums