Need help answering!

canisee

Oct 6, 2013
✟19,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sin was passed from man to man. Adams sin was passed down and never broken.

The Father Supernaturally had His Holy Spirit, His Spirit overshadow Mary
and pass on a pure Holy seed.

If the Father can create Adam from dust, nothing is too difficult.

Mary, a Jewish descendant of King David, received the sinless pre sinful Adam
seed, so sin would not be passed on.

It is a matter of faith, as Christianity is itself.

The wonderful thing is, The Father Himself gives us faith to believe.

It is a gift from Him.

Upvote 0

David Sylvian

From Japan With Love
Oct 12, 2013
✟15,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I keep getting this question from Muslims, and I am stuck. As some of you may know I am new to Christianity from Islam, maybe some of you might be able to help.

Can a women can give a birth to God ? That is the question which no Christian can answer in proper manner nor in logical

Jesus is God in the flesh, he is different from God. Jesus came from God as Eve came from Adam. They are one, but God is also higher then Jesus.

God did all of the miracles of Jesus and God told Jesus what to say. As Jesus said.

If God can appear as The Angel of the Lord, God can appear as a human being with a human background.

Consider: if you made a virtual world, would you not do it so you could go and be in it? Of course you would.

We are children of God, humans, and angels.

Even Jesus.

And that is what is important.

Jesus came as the SON of God...

Jesus is above all men and angels, but Jesus is not above God.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Helena22 said:
I keep getting this question from Muslims, and I am stuck. As some of you may know I am new to Christianity from Islam, maybe some of you might be able to help. Can a women can give a birth to God ? That is the question which no Christian can answer in proper manner nor in logical
Normally that doesn't happen. But by its nature this is supposed to be an exception to the normal course of events - to ask "can..." Ignores that.

Upvote 0

canisee

Oct 6, 2013
✟19,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is God in the flesh, he is different from God. Jesus came from God as Eve came from Adam. They are one, but God is also higher then Jesus.

God did all of the miracles of Jesus and God told Jesus what to say. As Jesus said.

If God can appear as The Angel of the Lord, God can appear as a human being with a human background.

Consider: if you made a virtual world, would you not do it so you could go and be in it? Of course you would.

We are children of God, humans, and angels.

Even Jesus.

And that is what is important.

Jesus came as the SON of God...

Jesus is above all men and angels, but Jesus is not above God.

Good thought and post, but one things is above God....

as some breaths are held..... and some huhs?

The Name of Jesus. Father God put His name / Jesus / Yeahua / Iesu / イエス
above His name.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Philippians 2:29

Something to think about for all of us and a very deep discussion.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh oh A derail, Forgive Me I should start a another thread.....

The Thread is about The Most High, being born in Human flesh..

Sorry Please to the OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep getting this question from Muslims, and I am stuck. As some of you may know I am new to Christianity from Islam, maybe some of you might be able to help.

Can a women can give a birth to God ? That is the question which no Christian can answer in proper manner nor in logical

It was supernatural. A miracle. The Holy Spirit came upon Mary.

Upvote 0

David Sylvian

From Japan With Love
Oct 12, 2013
✟15,463.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good thought and post, but one things is above God....

as some breaths are held..... and some huhs?

The Name of Jesus. Father God put His name / Jesus / Yeahua / Iesu / イエス
above His name.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Philippians 2:29

Something to think about for all of us and a very deep discussion.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh oh A derail, Forgive Me I should start a another thread.....

The Thread is about The Most High, being born in Human flesh..

Sorry Please to the OP.

What? Jesus is not above God, and God is the one who put Jesus above every other name, not his own.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Helena22 said in post 1:

Can a women can give a birth to God ?

Yes, in the sense that the virgin Mary gave birth to an incarnation of God. For she gave birth to Jesus Christ, and he is God (John 1:1,14, John 10:30, John 20:28, Titus 2:13, Philippians 2:6, Matthew 1:23). And he's uncreated God, just as God the Father is uncreated God. For everything that has been created has been created by Jesus (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16-17). Because Jesus is uncreated, there was never a time when he was not. He has always existed. He is YHWH the Holy One, from everlasting (Habakkuk 1:12a, Acts 3:14, Micah 5:2c). Jesus is YHWH the only Savior (Isaiah 43:11, Titus 2:13), YHWH the good shepherd (Psalms 23:1, John 10:11, Mark 10:18), YHWH who will set his feet on the Mount of Olives at his return (Zechariah 14:3-4, Acts 1:11-12), YHWH who is the first and the last (Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 2:8), YHWH the great I AM (Exodus 3:14, John 8:58), the great God (Titus 2:13), the mighty God (Isaiah 9:6), one God with God the Father (John 10:30, John 20:28), equal in divinity with God the Father (Philippians 2:6).

Just as the Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19) is the 3 distinct, coexisting Persons (Mark 1:9-11) of God the Father (Galatians 1:3), God the Son (Hebrews 1:8), and God the Holy Spirit (cf. Mark 13:11 and Matthew 10:19-20; Acts 5:3-4), so the Trinity is YHWH the Father, YHWH the Son, and YHWH the Holy Spirit. For YHWH is the only God (Isaiah 45:5-6). He has always been and forever will be the only God (Isaiah 43:10b).

-

There are so many different ways to illustrate the Trinity that it shouldn't be difficult for every Christian to get at least some realization of it. While there's no sufficient analogy to completely explain God (Isaiah 40:18), how he can be one God and yet 3 Persons at the same time, the Bible does refer to God speaking things into existence (Genesis 1:24; Hebrews 11:3). What God spoke was his Word, who is that Person of the Trinity who has become flesh in Jesus Christ (John 1:1,14; 1 Timothy 3:16, Luke 24:39). But God the Word existed even before God the Father spoke anything into existence, for all things created were created by God the Word (John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:16-17). And the original Greek word in John 1:1,14 for "Word" is "Logos", which refers not only to spoken words, but also to any ordered thoughts. Clearly, God has always had ordered thoughts, so God the Word has always existed.

So a human analogy for God would have God the Father as the mind, and God the Word as the ordered thoughts, speech, and writings (incarnate words) of that mind. God the Holy Spirit would then be analogous to the breath (spirit) which is inextricable from human speech, and is also inextricable from ordered thought, in that a non-breathing person is dead and his brain has no thoughts. God the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4) is one God with God the Father and God the Word because the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father (Matthew 10:19-20 and Mark 13:11) and the Spirit of the Word (John 14:16-18, Romans 8:9). While an individual human isn't 3 persons, the truth about God can still be grasped by looking at man's design, for man was made in God's image (Genesis 1:26). Just as an individual man has his word (Revelation 12:11) and his spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23), so the one God has his Word (John 1:1) and his Spirit (Romans 8:9). But the one God is so infinitely greater than man (Isaiah 40:17) that the Word of God and the Spirit of God are distinct Persons within his being.

Besides the analogy of a single human's mind, thoughts/speech/writings, and breath, the Trinity can also be compared to the single sun's sphere, light, and heat. The Father would be analogous to the sun's sphere, which is invisible to humans except for its visible light, which is analogous to the incarnate, visible Word (Colossians 1:15, John 14:9). And the sun is felt by humans via its invisible, infrared rays, which would be analogous to the Spirit. The Trinity can also be compared to water, which even though it's only one substance, it can exist in 3 distinct states of solid, liquid, and gas at the same time (such as in a water pitcher 2/3 full with water and ice cubes, and with water vapor filling the top third of the pitcher). The Trinity can also be compared to space, which even though it's only one area, it consists of 3 distinct dimensions at the same time. The Trinity can also be compared to 1 x 1 x 1 =1, or to 1a x 1b x 1c = 1abc.

Helena22 said in post 1:

I keep getting this question from Muslims, and I am stuck.

One way to help Muslims understand how Jesus can be God, from everlasting, is to question them about their understanding of the Muslim belief regarding the Koran. For Islam says that there was no time when the Koran didn't exist in a spiritual form in heaven, that it has always coexisted with Allah as his word. So Christians can show Muslims that the Bible says that before Jesus' incarnation, there was no time when he didn't exist in a spiritual form in heaven. He has always coexisted with God the Father as God the Word (John 1:1,14).

This isn't to suggest that the Muslim claim regarding the Koran is true, or that the book itself is true. Indeed, because Islam (falsely) claims that the (anti-gospel) Koran came through the angel Gabriel, it's one fulfillment of Galatians 1:8-9 (cf. 2 Corinthians 11:14).

Islam is an anti-gospel religion because, even though it affirms that Jesus is the Christ (e.g. Koran 4:157, Koran 5:17,75), it denies that Jesus is the human/divine Son of God (Koran 9:30, Koran 4:171, Koran 5:72). And it denies that he died on the Cross for our sins (Koran 4:157) and rose from the dead on the 3rd day. In order to be saved, people have to believe the gospel that Jesus is both the Christ and the human/divine Son of God (John 3:16,36; 1 John 2:23), and that he died on the Cross for our sins and rose from the dead on the 3rd day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 24:46-47, Matthew 20:19, Matthew 26:28).

The reason why it's necessary to believe these things in order to be saved is because it was only as the human/divine Son of God that Jesus' suffering during his Passion could satisfy God the Father's justice (Isaiah 53:11), which requires an infinite amount of human suffering for sin (Matthew 25:46).

Jesus' suffering during his Passion was sufficient to forgive the sins of everyone (1 John 2:2), because Jesus isn't just a human, but also God (John 1:1,14, John 10:30, John 20:28). His soul is infinite, and so the suffering of his soul (Isaiah 53:11) was infinite in amount, even though it wasn't infinite in duration. And so his suffering could satisfy God the Father's justice (Isaiah 53:11, KJV; 1 Peter 3:18). Because humans who aren't God have finite souls, for them to suffer an infinite amount for their sins, they must suffer over an infinite duration of time (Matthew 25:46, Revelation 14:10-11, Mark 9:46).

Every human has sinned (Romans 3:23), except Jesus (Hebrews 4:15b; 2 Corinthians 5:21). But because Jesus suffered for sins (1 Peter 3:18, Isaiah 53:11) an infinite amount, when the elect repent from their sins and believe in Jesus' human/divine sacrifice, they can have their past sins forgiven (Romans 3:25-26, Matthew 26:28), while God the Father's justice remains fully satisfied by Jesus' suffering for their sins (Isaiah 53:11, KJV; 1 Peter 3:18).

"He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied . . ." (Isaiah 53:11, KJV).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

canisee

Oct 6, 2013
✟19,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, in the sense that the virgin Mary gave birth to an incarnation of God. For she gave birth to Jesus Christ, and he is God (John 1:1,14, John 10:30, John 20:28, Titus 2:13, Matthew 26:28), while God the Father's justice remains fully satisfied by Jesus' suffering for their sins (Isaiah 53:11, KJV; 1 Peter 3:18).............................................................................................................................................."He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied . . ." (Isaiah 53:11, KJV).
Excellent post!!
I cut some out, not to take space on this reply, but I am going to copy this and email
it to myself to have it, if it is ok?

Upvote 0

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
Mandurah, Western Australia
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@David: I don't agree, God the Father is not above Jesus - that sounds like JW. They are the same. Jesus is God.

John 1: In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God. From the very beginning the Word was with God. Through him god made all things.

John 1:18 no one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he's has made him known.

Luke 6:28 Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God".

Immanuel means "God is with us".
Isa 7:14 Well then, The Lord himself will give you a sign: a young woman who is pregnant will have a son and will name him "Immanuel."

Jesus only became less when he became human, and only for a short while and he did it for our sake and for the glory of the Father.
Phil 2:6 onwards
"He always had the nature of God, but he did not think that by force he should try to remain equal with God.
Instead of this, of his own free will he gave up all he had,
And took the nature of a servant. He became like a human being and he appeared in human likeness.
He was humble and walked the path of obedience all the way to death - his death on the cross.
For this reason God raised him to the highest place above and gave him the name that is greater than any other name.
And so, in honour of the name of Jesus all beings in Heaven, on earth, and in the world below will fall on their knees, and all will openly proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Strachan said in post 12:

@David: I don't agree, God the Father is not above Jesus - that sounds like JW. They are the same. Jesus is God.

Non-Trinitarians sometimes point to John 14:28, where Jesus says "my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28). But just as a human father is greater than his son in his authority, not in his humanity, for a human son is equal to his father in his humanity, so God the Father is greater than God the Son (John 14:28c, Hebrews 1:8) in his authority (1 Corinthians 15:28), not in his divinity, for God the Son is equal to God the Father in his divinity (Philippians 2:6, John 1:1,14, John 10:30).

Non-Trinitarians also sometimes ask how God can pray to himself. The answer is that Jesus prays to God the Father (e.g. John 11:41-42) because even though Jesus is God (John 1:1,14), at the same time he's also human just like we're human (Hebrews 2:17). And so, as a human, he has a God and Father just like we do (John 20:17). Before Jesus became our eternally-human mediator/high priest (1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 2:17, Hebrews 7:24-26), and the only-begotten (only-born) Son of God (John 3:16), the only human ever born without any human father (Luke 1:34-35), he preexisted (John 17:5, John 8:58) from all eternity as God the Word (John 1:1,14; 1 Timothy 3:16). He has always been, and still is, even now in human flesh (Luke 24:39; 2 John 1:7), one God with the Father (John 10:30, John 20:28, Titus 2:13), equal in divinity with the Father (Philippians 2:6, Revelation 2:8b, Isaiah 44:6).

Upvote 0

asiyreh

God is salvation
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland
✟9,457.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You kind of have to put the whole picture together and look at the whole painting to get to the truth of this outcome.

Ok Allah as we know is not a name as such but rather means The God. It is infact the God revealed by The ancient Hebrews, and the Christians although it fair to say Muslims reject some of the text.

One thing I'm sure we can agree on is that God is Love.

Notice my statement here.

God is Love. Not only does he know love. It belongs to him. It's one of his properties.

Mary is not the mother of God btw, my personal opinion is that's a dangerous turn of phrase based on unspiritual logic.

Somehow in a relationship we cannot understand, The Father Son and Holy Spirit, were connected in love.

It's a dangerous question to think about. How would a being no matter how powerful, understand a concept of love without relationship. It's almost blasphemous. But anyways I'm getting side tracked.

Look Messiah is accepted by Muslims, we believe this person, This Jesus Christ was born into a body. He didn't possess it, it was him. The Logos, that was with God, in the beginning, the body of his love his relationship, was born. The King of the universe who came among his people, so that they could truly know God. His perfect revelation.

He is gone now but the spirit, The Holy Spirit in Christ remains with us still. As an eternal witness to the revelation of The Father.

Without this relationship of Love, one of the properties of God before the creation was not love. Before us God in the case of Islam would not be in the possession of the property of love without us, someone to love him. God's love is independent of us. He doesn't depend on his creation for love. He is love, he owns it.

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Helena-

Jesus is the Son of God, and as such existed before anything else which now exists:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, both visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. (Colossians 1:15-20,NIV)

So how did a being who already existed have a woman give birth to him 2,000 years ago? It took place because the person we call Jesus voluntarily set aside his immortality in order to become mortal, and thereby serve as the perfect sacrifice of atonement:

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:5-11,NIV)

And why did Jesus volunteer to become mortal, and then suffer the agony of being beaten, scourged, and then crucified? He volunteered for such a mission in order to satisfy God the Father's justice. Through our accepting his sacrifice as the perfect atonement for our shortcomings we obtain the righteousness as a gift that we could never obtain as a salary:

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished - he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. (Romans 3:19-26,NIV)

God the Father laid out the blueprints for our salvation. But in order for us to obtain the righteousness necessary for that salvation, a price had to be paid for our sinfulness. This is why his Son came among us as another human being. It had been decided that since by a man death had come into the world, it was necessary for a being in the form of a man to do what was necessary in order to overcome death, and thereby reconcile the world to God the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kenzo0

Oct 8, 2013
✟8,057.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

hi Helena.. nice to meet you here ;)
and wonderful to hear you are blessed by Him..

:)for your question, CF member's have gave you answer, and allow me to add a bit for you
in Job 15:4 said:
(14) What is man, that he could be pure and clean? And he who is born of a woman, that he could be right and just?
there were impossible for women can give birth a perfection as God.
if not God Himself willing to.
logically, its impossible God would take a place as human which is His creature. for muslim it was unbearable and inappropriate, for God came from ms.V. But, nobody can understand nor forbid God's willing.

we, as Christian believe that Jesus was God's Word Who dwell among human in flesh.
John 1:1
IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

although its impossible for women give birth to God..
but, its possible for God to born from a woman.
without He chose to born into this earth through a woman, He will remain unseen
John 1:8
(18) No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

then why God wanted to born by a woman?
Luke 24:46
(46) And said to them, Thus it is written that the Christ (the Messiah) should suffer and on the third day rise from ( among) the dead,

how come God Who create this universe could die? its impossible, because He is mortal. it would be shameful for God to die..isn't it?
But, as we know and believe, He had to do it because of His love to His creature(i.e. human).. that's why;
John 1:14
And the Word (Christ) became flesh and tabernacled among us; and we saw His glory, such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace and truth.

God Who never seen by any man in any time, God Who will never die, chose to be seen by human/His creature and died on the cross to save His people by born by a woman named Mary.

God bless you.
warm regards,
kenzo

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Can a women can give a birth to God? That is the question which no Christian can answer in proper manner nor in logical
Why wouldn't we be able to answer this? If we couldn't answer this then we wouldn't be Christians. God is all-powerful and can enter creation because there is nothing he cannot do. Mary did not create Jesus at the conception or his birth, Jesus is eternal and uncreated. The birth of Jesus was the Word of God becoming flesh.

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58)
Abraham existed long before Jesus came to us. Humans do not preexist their birth.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. (John 17:5)
Jesus existed before the world was created, which means he existed before the first human was ever created so he must be God. Only God receives Glory in Heaven but Jesus is asking the father to glorify him with the glory he had with him in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Helena22

May 17, 2013
London/Frankfurt
✟7,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I just would like to say thank you all for your answers. I even sent this thread link to this particular Muslim gentleman. Maybe one day he will understand the truth but we can only pray for him to find his path.
I have learnt so much from you all and feel blessed that this website exists for people like me.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The original term that’s normally translated “mother of God” is closer to “God-bearer.”

The problem is that mother normally means the person that you get your existence from. It’s obvious that God didn’t get his existence from Mary. That’s why calling Mary “mother of God” seems so weird. However “God-bearer” makes more sense.

God chose to join us by taking to himself a human form (technically nature), and experiencing human life in that way. Obviously God in his eternal divinity doesn't experience birth and death, but he does through his human nature.

But traditional theology sees the divine and the human to be united in the same person. Just as when your arm is hurt we say you are hurt, when God experiences birth through his human nature we can say that God is born. Both the divine and human are one person, and so that one divine-human person is the subject of all actions and experiences, whether human or divine. In this sense it makes sense to say that God is born from Mary.

However saying something like "God is born from Mary" is so likely to be misleading that I’d avoid using it without making sure that the person I’m talking to knows what I mean. For someone who doesn't understand traditional Christian terminology it might be better to say that God experiences birth because he has chosen to join us in human form, and that means that he experiences everything that a human does through that form. Obviously God continues to be in heaven sustaining the universe while this is going on.

[This response assumes orthodox doctrine. If you’re interested in other alternatives, it’s probably best to explore them in unorthodox theology.]

Last edited:
Upvote 0