Need answers

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
This morning my brother and went out to breakfast and discussed a burning question. The possiblities are so great, and repercussions enormous. We predicted changes from the earthly catastrophic to the collision of dimensions throughout the universe.
The stated data is as such; When dropping buttered toast onto the floor, it inveriably lands butter down. When dropping a cat, it inveriably lands on its feet.
Consider! If you strap the toast to the back of a cat and drop both together from a distance of 20' in the air, What will the outcome be?
And will it have an effect on your belief in or non-belief in God?

If your faith in the buttered side of the toast landing face down is based on proof that the butter causes one side to be heavier and thus causes it to flip in the air, could it be shaken if fat-free butter is used and it lands on it's side first?

If your faith is in the cat who has repeatedly shown that it can land on it's feet based on numerous drops from significant heights, would that faith be shaken if the cat's legs are injured in a previous drop and it does the splits the one time you're proving your faith to a skeptical friend; would your faith be shaken then?

Upvote 0

elephanticity

This appears beneath your name.
Mar 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,527.00
That depends on the cat. Is it Shrodinger's cat? Then the status of the cat vis-a-vis its footing, would be undetermined until the butter was observed to melt.

My faith is in the fact that you can't drop a single cat enough times to have a statistically valid quantity of results. after a few drops, it's gonna run away, and dogs chasing the scent of the buttered bread are gonna eat it.

Upvote 0

Ceegee

Feb 6, 2002
Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟199.00
Faith
Christian
The stated data is as such; When dropping buttered toast onto the floor, it inveriably lands butter down. When dropping a cat, it inveriably lands on its feet.

If your faith in the buttered side of the toast landing face down is based on proof that the butter causes one side to be heavier and thus causes it to flip in the air, could it be shaken if fat-free butter is used and it lands on it's side first?

Fat-free butter - lands on it's side!
HAHAHA!

If your faith is in the cat who has repeatedly shown that it can land on it's feet based on numerous drops from significant heights, would that faith be shaken if the cat's legs are injured in a previous drop and it does the splits the one time you're proving your faith to a skeptical friend; would your faith be shaken then?

A cat doing the splits??!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This thread caused me to laugh out loud in my normally quiet office. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

darkwoof

Mar 26, 2002
Visit site
✟15,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isn't this from one of those "Life's Interesting Mysteries" jokes.... I'm pretty sure I've read this one.

Anyway, frankly speaking I **HAVE** seen buttered toast that landed buttered side UP, and cats that fell off a ledge and didn't land on their feet. No kidding, I believe the said statement is only a broad generalisation. So frankly that theory doesn't even stand.

And hence, faith not shaken. :)

Upvote 0