Need advice on College please. Panicking!

religious&reasonable

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Feb 16, 2011
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a junior in highschool, and I fear my life may aleady be over before it started...

I am now getting straight As and am doing great in school, but it may be too late. last year, my final average grade in my adv. algebra class was a C. I even got a D one grading period! I know i should've done better but i was stupid and slacked off.

I've ruined everything. all my dreams may be over.er have a chance at Will I ever have a chance at getting into something higher than community college?

I used to have ideas about one day hopefully studyng at places like harvard and MIT. so long perfect life.

Is my life over? HELP ME!

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No, your life is not over.

Many colleges only consider your junior and senior years.

If you write a great essay with the submission of your entrance packet, this will help explain why. They like to see students who have turned around and who want to improve their lives. It shows great maturity and honesty.

Congratulations on the progress you have made.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
not over, and even if you can't get into your top choice, work hard enough and you can transfer... but I don't think a c in one class is going to kill you. I got into a great and selective state school with very average grades, and an average SAT score. It might have been helpful that I went to art school and graduated with high honors before I went to college, but as I said my highschool grades were average. Most colleges are just businesses when it comes down to it, they want money and they need to fill the rosters, your teir 1 may be a challege, I don't know , but you can still get in a good school even if you can't make your top choices and like I said if you really feel you need to you can transfer

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟843,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you look at the bible and see all the people God has used, the majority of them are what we would consider losers and rejects. They were murderers, adulterers, tax collectors, lawyers, liars, thieves, etc...etc...etc...

You're life is nowhere near over. God can still use you and if you're meant for MIT, then you'll get into MIT. Worrying about it for the next however many years is only going to stress you out. Relax. Calm down. Focus now on today and tomorrow instead of yesterday. You can't fix it. God has some amazing plans for you. You just need to accept and believe it on faith!

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Even if you don't get into the school of your dreams, that isn't going to be the be-all end-all of everything. Life isn't going to always go according to your plans, but that doesn't mean it can't be great. Sometimes when plans fall through there are even better things that happen instead. Also, life is NEVER going to be perfect. You're setting yourself up for a miserable existence if you expect it to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LaurelP128

Striving for Proverbs 31
Dec 29, 2011
USA
✟15,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yea, what everyone is saying is very true. Not having perfect grades is okay. Colleges will be impressed you're taking advanced classes. Grades are only one thing colleges look at. You're worrying way to much over something little. Just keep working hard for the rest of the year and don't beat yourself up if you're grades aren't the best.

Philippians 4:6- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your life? Over??

I lol'd.

No seriously, your life is only beginning to unfold. Just don't slack off anymore and be active and passionate in everything you do as a believer. Do everything for God and express your love for Him by excelling in what you can do for now.

Your life is not over. If you ace your interviews for Harvard, then you're okay. In some cases, not everyone with perfect scores and perfect SAT get in. Harvard picks people who are 'well-rounded' and flexible, people who can turn lemonade into rockets and do their best. And it's still going to be okay even if you don't get into Harvard or MIT because you can always go there for your Graduate if you like or transfer (though transferring is difficult and might not be possible depending on your major).

Oh, and don't let grades and whatnot make you their slaves. Don't obsess over them too much. That gets in the way with your relationship with Jesus.

But remember, when one door closes, another one opens. And there are greater things just waiting out there for you.

Bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a junior in highschool, and I fear my life may aleady be over before it started...

I am now getting straight As and am doing great in school, but it may be too late. last year, my final average grade in my adv. algebra class was a C. I even got a D one grading period! I know i should've done better but i was stupid and slacked off.

I've ruined everything. all my dreams may be over.er have a chance at Will I ever have a chance at getting into something higher than community college?

I used to have ideas about one day hopefully studyng at places like harvard and MIT. so long perfect life.

Is my life over? HELP ME!

Heavens no. Your life is not over at all. I was kind of a slacker in my freshman year of high school. I remember getting at least 2 D's and a plethora of C's. I did a little better in my sophomore year (no D's but still some C's) but then I started getting A's in my junior and senior years. I was accepted to Georgetown U and Princeton (attended Georgetown). I never did try MIT or Harvard though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums