Name one *little* thing you're grateful for today...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pictures! I know the southwest has beautiful skies. I admired them when I was in TX. and NM.
Tonight's sunset had the same intense orange as last night but turning coral the further you got away from the sun. All this against an outrageous and swirling field of violet. Amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I lifted this from one of my students on FB

12286115_10207209231981993_1685427175_n.jpg

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am thankful and praise God. My grandson born at 29 wks has been home a week now and is growing like a weed. He Really likes to eat. :D Praise the Lord!!

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A good friend became a grandmother this morning. Her son (the baby's father) died last April, and his fiancée (the mother) has been very brave and committed to the baby's health and well-being.

I am so grateful that this little boy, named for his dad, was born, healthy and beautiful, this morning, and I hope that he will help ease the ache in my friend's heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My nephew sent a FB message to my husband on his birthday. This nephew, the only child of my husband's late half-brother, had had a very hard life--and because his dad was in the Navy for much of it we were never nearby to run interference. When his father, an end-stage alcoholic, died, we couldn't find my nephew. Eventually my niece found him on a prison database on the west coast--he was incarcerated for ten years.

When I learned of his incarceration, I wrote him and sent money for his account from time to time. For a long time, only my husband's aunt and I wrote him, but eventually we persuaded others to do so. After he was released, he met a young woman with three daughters and had a son with her. He has led a good life on the west coast for three years.

Two Thanksgivings ago, his fiancee posted that they weren't having a Thanksgiving due to financial problems, and I sent him money via PayPal for a Thanksgiving dinner, but he lives 2000 miles away and we pretty much just have contact through FB.

On my husband's birthday, my nephew wrote on his FB page about what our letters and support meant to him "in the darkest days of his life." I was so touched. It was so beautiful. I am grateful that he was able to change, that he has a family who loves him, and that we were able to play a small part in that.

And I am grateful that he told us so on my husband's birthday.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm so grateful for my average at school. It can open me some of the greatest archivism and Museum conservation schools of the country, especially the one of my dreams. I feel like I can do anything and that I can achieve all my professional dreams. Seriously that's a great feeling.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praise the Lord! :D

Checking my mail when we got home this afternoon, I saw my mammogram results, and they were fine. The older I get, the more grateful I am for good medical test results.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0