Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BALTIMORE — For the 57th straight year, a mystery man paid tribute to Edgar Allan Poe by placing roses and a bottle of cognac on the writer's grave to mark his birthday.
. . .
[]
For decades, a frail figure made the visit to Poe's grave. In 1993 the original visitor left a cryptic note saying, "The torch will be passed." A later note said the man, who apparently died in 1998, had handed the tradition on to his sons.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182243,00.html

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MadJack said:
That's really cool, although I wish the curator would have kept quiet about it. I'm certain many of us appreciate hearing about this, but I'm afraid some local jackass may eventually ruin it by interfering.

True

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MadJack said:
That's really cool, although I wish the curator would have kept quiet about it. I'm certain many of us appreciate hearing about this, but I'm afraid some local jackass may eventually ruin it by interfering.
The curator and the Baltimore Poe House and Museum will have to find better ways to keep spectators from ruining it. It really is a touching tribute.

But even if a spectator ruins it.. I bet the father made plans for that too, since he said he had passed the tribute down to his sons. If the one making the tribute now is seen, he probably won't make the tribute anymore.. the next son would. ^_^

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Woah, I wish some sweet ladyfriend would send me free flowers and booze. Well, maybe a box of green tea rather than booze. Come to think of it, not enough people buy me free food. What an awesome concept, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums