Jan 16, 2005
✟7,848.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I, along with five others will be heading to Kalimpong, India on January 24th. I will be traveling with my friends Cori, Jim and Deb, John Mark and Nate. We will be traveling to Hope Family Hope, orphanage for young girls. They have approximately 12 girls there right now between the ages of 8-16. We will be doing many things while we are there including scrap booking, painting, crafts, spending time with the girls and giving haircuts (well that's all up to Cori.) We will also have an opportunity to see many areas of India.

So to get to my main reason for writing this letter, I would like to let you all know some of the concerns/prayer requests I have about this upcoming trip. The travel time is very long so I'm asking people to pray for strength for that. As you know India is a WHOLE other culture, so please pray for adjustment to that. Also safety is a big area too. We will be flying two flights, and then we will be traveling in jeeps up in the mountain. I've heard they aren't very good drivers!!! I also ask that you pray for protection of my friendship with Cori. This could be a HUGE testing area for our friendship. We love each other but this is a long amount of time to be with one another. Cori and I will be heading home on February 7th on our own. Please pray for guidance and direction as we face airports alone. I just want to thank you all for your support as I go out into the world to make an impact. It means so much to me to know that as I'm on the other side of the world, people back home are praying for me. Thanks again! I love and care for each of you and can't wait to share my many adventures!!!

HoneyComb Son

Veteran
Jan 27, 2004
✟2,902.00
Faith
Christian
Lord God..i pray for protection for your people.. you children and heirs of Christ.i pray for their strength and joy to be complete..i pray for patience and peverserevance..i pray for guidance nad provision..Lord God..by your Spirit..please give them all they need for this mission trip..in Jesus name amen

Upvote 0

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
I pray for this sister Lord and that you bless her, as well as those surrounding her, as they embark on this trip to India. Place your hand of protection upon each of these brothers and sisters. Guide and strengthen their hearts while they are out in the field and shine brightly through each of them. Even if they touch but one heart, that is one person who has come to you Jesus. And what a triumph will that be! Protect this sister's love and friendship between her and Cori. Let your presence be constantly felt between them and thier relationship grow with this trip. In your name Lord, amen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.