• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

MY story of Glory! Healed from 25 years of Alcohol abuse!

Jul 17, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello ALL! My Father was an alcoholic and I took to drinking at a very young age - 12. I fell into the drug crowd, messed up school, my hopes dreams and relationships. By the age of 24 I was in rehab, scared beyond my wildest dreams! I lost everything to alcohol abuse! EVERYTHING! From age 24 to 34 I tryed 12 steps, antibuse, medicines, theropies, books, vitimans, etc. I TRYED EVERYTHING! I did pray at times, but never believed that God was a deliverer of such things. I was just in TOO DEEP, condemned to die on a barstool like my father did.

I was absolutely chained! A women in a support group I attended said God took away her urges and set her free. i didnt believe her and kept saying to her. "Pat yourself on the back, you did it." She repeatedly took no credit for this sobriety! She said "GOD DID IT."

In 2000 I had an addiction that I just gave in to. I had a 6 year old son and stayed sober as much as i could for him, but it wasnt enough. I knew what my Dads drinking did to our family and didnt want my precious child to suffer the same fate. GOD IS GREAT!

I began to penpal with a Christian prisoner! LOL....yes, im a bit eccentric. This individual was a "born-again" believer and somehow I knew in my soul that I would have to be born-again someday or I would go to Hell. We discussed God and I had planned on dissing God to him. I was going to challenge his faith. Make him out to be a liar and I had some evil intent. But God can take the wickedest motives and turn you around.

I asked this prisoner if God could heal me of drink and this guy assured me that Jesus loved me SOOOOOOO much and that yes, He was quite capable of freeing me of this demonic addiction. As he sent me scripture after scripture I started to read the Bible and he assured me hed pray for my sobriety.

Things started to change. God was melting a hard heart. He was beginning to do a magnifcant work. I would be reading the Bible and id FEEL the Holy Spirit Blow thru me. I WAS flabbergasted! I was amazed! I was in shock. I was starting to encounter the presence of God. These little snippets of an infilling of the Holy Spirit got stronger and stronger and longer lasting until one morning i awoke completely immersed in Gods Glorious LOVE! I was filled with Joy unspeakable! My family said I glowed! Everything was brighter, I laughed big belly laughs, filled with joy. I had not hate, or anger or sadness in me. Only a love that I cant even put into words. I was all Joy love peace kindness ....tremendous waves of love poured down from heaven upon me! I wanted to shout from rooftops that " GOD IS REAL AND HES REALLY COOL!"

I used to store my empty beer cans under the sink and I noticed that once i took the last batch in to get the deposit that there were no more bottles under the sink. I was perplexed. I told my penpal these experiences and he just kept encouraging me and telling me about Gods love. About Jesus and so fourth. I couldnt believe that after 25 years of utter Hell that i wasnt drinking. First it was a week clean. then I noticed i hadnt drank for a month. then 6 months. Well, its been 11 years! PTL! He just took it away! And saved me at the same time! I cannot even express my gratitude, but can assure you that id be dead by now if He didnt intervene!

Theres great loving power that wants to help you! Dont give up on God! never give up on being a miracle! There is hope and He is it!

Thx for reading!:wave:

Jul 26, 2011
✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello ALL! My Father was an alcoholic and I took to drinking at a very young age - 12. I fell into the drug crowd, messed up school, my hopes dreams and relationships. By the age of 24 I was in rehab, scared beyond my wildest dreams! I lost everything to alcohol abuse! EVERYTHING! From age 24 to 34 I tryed 12 steps, antibuse, medicines, theropies, books, vitimans, etc. I TRYED EVERYTHING! I did pray at times, but never believed that God was a deliverer of such things. I was just in TOO DEEP, condemned to die on a barstool like my father did.

I was absolutely chained! A women in a support group I attended said God took away her urges and set her free. i didnt believe her and kept saying to her. "Pat yourself on the back, you did it." She repeatedly took no credit for this sobriety! She said "GOD DID IT."

In 2000 I had an addiction that I just gave in to. I had a 6 year old son and stayed sober as much as i could for him, but it wasnt enough. I knew what my Dads drinking did to our family and didnt want my precious child to suffer the same fate. GOD IS GREAT!

I began to penpal with a Christian prisoner! LOL....yes, im a bit eccentric. This individual was a "born-again" believer and somehow I knew in my soul that I would have to be born-again someday or I would go to Hell. We discussed God and I had planned on dissing God to him. I was going to challenge his faith. Make him out to be a liar and I had some evil intent. But God can take the wickedest motives and turn you around.

I asked this prisoner if God could heal me of drink and this guy assured me that Jesus loved me SOOOOOOO much and that yes, He was quite capable of freeing me of this demonic addiction. As he sent me scripture after scripture I started to read the Bible and he assured me hed pray for my sobriety.

Things started to change. God was melting a hard heart. He was beginning to do a magnifcant work. I would be reading the Bible and id FEEL the Holy Spirit Blow thru me. I WAS flabbergasted! I was amazed! I was in shock. I was starting to encounter the presence of God. These little snippets of an infilling of the Holy Spirit got stronger and stronger and longer lasting until one morning i awoke completely immersed in Gods Glorious LOVE! I was filled with Joy unspeakable! My family said I glowed! Everything was brighter, I laughed big belly laughs, filled with joy. I had not hate, or anger or sadness in me. Only a love that I cant even put into words. I was all Joy love peace kindness ....tremendous waves of love poured down from heaven upon me! I wanted to shout from rooftops that " GOD IS REAL AND HES REALLY COOL!"

I used to store my empty beer cans under the sink and I noticed that once i took the last batch in to get the deposit that there were no more bottles under the sink. I was perplexed. I told my penpal these experiences and he just kept encouraging me and telling me about Gods love. About Jesus and so fourth. I couldnt believe that after 25 years of utter Hell that i wasnt drinking. First it was a week clean. then I noticed i hadnt drank for a month. then 6 months. Well, its been 11 years! PTL! He just took it away! And saved me at the same time! I cannot even express my gratitude, but can assure you that id be dead by now if He didnt intervene!

Theres great loving power that wants to help you! Dont give up on God! never give up on being a miracle! There is hope and He is it!

Thx for reading!:wave:
Great testimony of the power of a loving God, nothing like the living water:thumbsup:, who the Son sets free is free indeed!

Upvote 0

VincentHChough

Disciple, Writer
Feb 2, 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Visit site
✟7,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great testimony! I felt as if I was hearing myself talking at some points.

You are so right, "GOD IS REAL AND HE'S REALLY COOL!"

Grace and blessings to you,
Vince Chough

author of
Brave Fish: Identity, Love, Faith
Ashes to Eucalyptus
Your Messiah as Metaphor

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Praise the Lord for His awesome love and grace. I also have a testimony.

Sometimes, the Lord heals and does instant release from alcoholism, as you described. Sometimes, He uses programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous. That is what He is doing in my life. I had two years since my last drink on January 15th. AA has taught me daily dependence on His grace and strength for my release from alcoholism. Without AA's 12 Steps, I would not have developed the intimacy I have with our Lord. I have been a believer since high school, and first came into AA in 1989. I never completed all 12 Steps and as a result, I kept going out and getting drunk, even after 8 years of sobriety and 6 years, at different points in my journey. When I ended up in a treatment center for two weeks, I realized I had never surrendered, as in Step 3, nor completed making amends, as in Steps 8 and 9.

God bless you as you grow closer to the Lord.

Upvote 0

antwolf

May 21, 2012
✟15,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'll tell you what. I'm on this forum a few hours now, and your testimony, lovedandhisforever blew me away. As Vincent stated, I felt as though you were talking about me. I believe that I'm really going to like this place. The question is, "If I only stay". I got a good feeling though. God Bless All...

Upvote 0