United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Christian forum staff,

My mom has been speaking with my exes for a long time now. She has mental disorders and has a hard time with letting anything go. She also has no boundaries in what she says and does with them. Right now, I'm newly broken up with one of them and I'm tempted to go back with them. My mom is keeping in touch with him like she has to others and insists on telling me what he does and says and vice versa. Tonight, she told me something that he told her today at Church. He had given us all gifts this past Sunday which was nice of him to do and I did thank him. Later, my mom tells me that he told her that me hugging him was the best gift for him. It was sweet, but tempting me to go back out with him when God specifically Called me out of that relationship. When I confronted her about what she told me she replied "It's your choice to go back out with him." Then I told her that she was tempting me. I feel as if I didn't even have to tell her all that I did tell her tonight. I told her not to tell my exes things about me and vice versa. I feel like I shouldn't have to tell her these things and she shouldn't be hanging out or talking to my exes either.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Christian forum staff,

My mom has been speaking with my exes for a long time now. She has mental disorders and has a hard time with letting anything go. She also has no boundaries in what she says and does with them. Right now, I'm newly broken up with one of them and I'm tempted to go back with them. My mom is keeping in touch with him like she has to others and insists on telling me what he does and says and vice versa. Tonight, she told me something that he told her today at Church. He had given us all gifts this past Sunday which was nice of him to do and I did thank him. Later, my mom tells me that he told her that me hugging him was the best gift for him. It was sweet, but tempting me to go back out with him when God specifically Called me out of that relationship. When I confronted her about what she told me she replied "It's your choice to go back out with him." Then I told her that she was tempting me. I feel as if I didn't even have to tell her all that I did tell her tonight. I told her not to tell my exes things about me and vice versa. I feel like I shouldn't have to tell her these things and she shouldn't be hanging out or talking to my exes either.
You sound like you are old enough to move out and keep a certain healthy distance from anyone who might prove to be a stumbling block to your Christian faith so why not employ that as a solution?

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You sound like you are old enough to move out and keep a certain healthy distance from anyone who might prove to be a stumbling block to your Christian faith so why not employ that as a solution?
I have already moved out and am thinking about distancing myself more for the time being. Since, she doesn't seem to recognize how large of a problem this is and she tends to forget talks that we have since she is getting older now.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟20,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Coming from a person who had the same trouble with his mother, much more than that even, you should stop that at an early phase.

My mother was always controlling and not long ago they diagnosed her with a serious mental condition and drugged her.

I went to a holiday in Locarno City, this is in Schweiz. I was with a girl so we went there to have some fun. My mother found girls phone, don't ask me how. And she started calling her and telling her bad insulting things about my persona.

Be careful with that. She could ruin your life.

Follow your gut and act until it's not too late.

Viele Grüße,
Vinzent

Upvote 0