My minister says sex with my boyfriend is the reason I became demon possessed. T or F

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Since I was about 7 years old I've had a demon living with me. He was in the closet or under my bed at that time. After I got divorced I had many boyfriends and had moved into a haunted house in between. So I don't know if I became possessed from the house or from the sex or from my bulimia. Last summer up until a few months ago I've so many exorcisms to get rid of 8 demons then one entered me again about 10 days ago and my minister is convinced it was the sex just like before. So he told me I had to break up with my boyfriend-it was Fri. night(of 9 years, but doesn't want to get married) because if I had sex with him again or anyone else, I would become possessed again. My question is, is this true???? or is it my bulimia(gluttony) that makes me possessed? Please help me on this one.

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would say that you shouldn't focus on what makes you demonized. I say that you should focus on what God's wants for your life. Spend time in prayer and in the Word.

Things like bulimia and fornication debase the wonderful creation that God has made. There are boundaries for each. Both of these would give the devil a foothold in your life and create a stronghold. The thing about demons is that when one is cast out, sometimes he brings buddies back with him which makes your suffering worse.

The way to keep this from happening is to keep your focus on God. Spend time in prayer and the Word. (Yes, I'm repeating myself... I mean it what I say! :thumbsup:)

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 12:43-45 it says that if your house is empty, swept, and put in order, etc., etc.

So you have to fill your house with HIM, and HIS WORD. And as your house gets filled then your house will be cleansed, and then you will be set free.

You say you are divorced. Were you married in a church?

Reactions: LilLamb219
Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dear Wildputycat

If a person has never sneezed think how it would be to tell this person exactly how it would feel.

The same is TRUE with the HOLY SPIRIT.

Take you mind off the HOLY SPIRIT. For your mind has NO influence over IT.

What you MUST DO in order to be ANOINTED by GOD with the HOLY SPIRIT ( BORN AGAIN, SAVED ) is commit your WHOLE LIFE TO GOD and GOD'S WILL. Then from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions.

You were placed on this earth to perform a GODLY MISSION. Some folks do and some don't ever get to it.

If you will notice we all start out with an itch we can't scratch. IT bugs us. We can find no real contentment. WE TRY!!! ( SEX, DRUGS, MONEY, ECT. ECT. ) BUT you still have that feeling your life is not being fulfilled.

This is why folks attend the worldly Church. They feed on the MILK for babes. ( as per GOD'S WORD ) BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!! YOU ARE STILL NOT SATISFIED!!!

WHY???

BECAUSE YOU NEED THE REAL FOOD!!! ( as per GOD'S WORD )

Now after you have made the commitment referred to above GOD WILL KNOW!!! AS HE SEARCHES THE HEART!!!

IT IS THEN that GOD WILL BESTOW HIS ANOINTING UPON YOU WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. INSTANT GIFTS!!!

You then will get a:

1. TEACHER

2. COMMUNICATOR

3. COMFORTER

4. GUIDE

So that you will be prepared to carry out the MISSION GOD GAVE TO JUST YOU!!!

Dear If you do this you will never have to worry about satan again as he has no power over GOD.

THEN WHEN satan MAKES HIS ATTACK YOU CAN SAY:

" GET BEHIND ME satan "

and he MUST LEAVE!!!

I think it's time to get away from that preacher. You have to be getting tired of the patch jobs. Get into GOD'S WORD in the NEW TESTIMENT. Read it as many times as need so that the next time you read it you will already know what it is going to say. FOR THEN IT IS LOCKED IN YOUR HEART.

YOU WILL NEVER BE SORRY!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components which are: hearing, accepting, and then acting ( COMMITING ) upon that which you have accepted.
X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Knownbeforetime, Thanks for writing, I'm trying not to obsessive over the demons. I have obsessive compulsive disorder so it's hard not to. I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder so it's hard for me to focus my mind on just one thing like God.

Elijah2, I do play Christian music, listen to the bible, don't watch much TV, go to church and have Christian friends. Is that enough to keep me free? I can't seem to get free of my Bulimia though. Will that still keep me in bondage? Oh, and yes I got married in a church. I'm so glad my ex got re-married.

Upvote 0

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wonderwaleye, hi. I became a born again Christian about 6 or 7 years ago. I just need to be renewed again through the Holy Spirit. Thank you so much for sharing all that you did with me. What an inspiration it is to hear those words. When I remember to, I ask God for a full set of armour w/sword for me to wear throughout the day.

Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wildputtycat,

I suffered from anorexia for 5 years and it didn't make me demon possesed. Eating disorders are not a sin. They are psychological illness. It's not the disease that makes you do those things, but the way you feel about yourself. Sex doesn't necessarily cause possession either. I think that perhaps your pastor may have said that to scare you off from it. There are some schools of thought that say that if you have sex with someone who is demon possessed you could become possessed. I’m not sure if that’s true but I’m more concerned that your pastor is teaching you faulty things. I would get “a second opinion”. And most of all, if it’s not in the Bible then it’s not true. If what your pastor is saying doesn’t line up with the word, then I wouldn’t believe it. Normally in order to become possessed you have to invite it. Did you? Think about it and ask yourself if you’ve done anything at all to invite a possession, even if it was minor. I don’t know you and so I could be wrong about this, but I’d be more likely to say that you’re not possessed. Why do you feel that you are? What kind of evidence that you have that you are possessed? I want to help you and I care, but I don’t really think that your bulimia or having sex has caused a possession.

Elsa

*Let me state this very clearly: eating disorders are not sins. Bulimia is not gluttony nor is anorexia something else too. I have had anorexia and so I know what I'm talking about. It's a psychological condition and about the way you feel about yourself. It's a way of coping with your problems. It doesn't mean that the sufferer is a sinner.

Reactions: LilLamb219
Upvote 0

dodolah

May 11, 2006
✟8,074.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Although the sex and any singular sinful activity can not exactly be pin pointed as the primary source for your demonic possession, those activities can also act as hubs or windows of opportunities for demonic attacks.

Thus being said, it is important for you to stop your carnal desires to rule your body.
Like the post before me said that when God comes over and clean up your spiritual house the demon has fled.
However, if the demon come back and found that house is empty, he will get in to the house again; but, this time, he'll bring reinforcement.

You said you have accepted Christ completely?
But, how can this be?
From your thread, it seemed to me, you still live the way worldly people do...

In Matthew 3.
The greek version used to describe repentance is Metanoiete
meaning that "a 180 degree turn from our sinful life and abhorring our past sins and turning away from them."

Also within the verses, there is a singular word called 'poiete'
meaning to straighten the path and to commit.
You cannot repent one day and be sinful the next month and repent again. You have to stay committed to your new life in Christ. You might fail once every so often, but that should not be an excuse of wallowing in that life style.

Another word to describe repentance in the chapter is 'karpon kalon'
meaning that one should bear the fruit of repentance.
or in simple word, there should be proof of changing in one's life.
no more living in cohabitation, start in ministry, change in behaviors and so on..
Repentance that does not bring the fruit is a lie.

So, hopefully, this should be a reminder for ALL of us (including ME) that we cannot play around with God.

How can we say that we have Christ in our life, if we refuse letting go our old ways?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
FraleinElsa, thanks for sharing your view on eating disorders and sex. I want to say that only way you can get demon possessed is to invite a demon in but unfortunately I don't believe that. I feel for you that you have Anorexia. I know how hard it is. You feel like it's a never ending disease but there is hope. Just remember that.
Kapnaptor and Rocklife, thank you for writing me. I do read my bible every night before I go to bed. I just started doing that a month ago or so. I do have a bible on tape but my comprehension is so bad that I need to up my anxiety med dosage again. I pray little bits throughout the day praising God and thanking him.

Dadola,
Yes, as I said before I am a born again Christian and I am very proud to be one of God's children. Just because I'm bulimic shouldn't leave me out on God's doorstep. I'm working on getting well with God's help. Nobody and I mean NOBODY not even YOU is SIN FREE.

CyberPaladin,
Thank you for writing,
the demon presented itself as a very angry and conniving spirit. Very aggressive and strong. Stronger than me, that's for sure. I bent me back all the way back. I was completely horizontal. I personally can barely bend my back at all. Yikes. I can't believe I didn't break it. That was God protecting me. He talks in a gutteral tone. In other tones. Not usually in my own voice.

Upvote 0