My Life Is About To Change. Some Questions.

IAmJames

Dec 1, 2011
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I turned away from God a few years after becoming a Christian to chase the material pleasures of life and money. After 7 or so years today I came to realize that my life is not going to end well and I'm going to end up in a bad place.

I'm now having to correct my ways and change my life to ensure I am not roped into that life again. I have to change a lot. But there are some questions I have.

1. 2 years ago I got into Facebook marketing. I abused Facebook to send out a lot of spam which forced users to complete a survey to view images such as "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Girl Killed Herself After Her Dad Did This". Needless to say I made a lot of money, around £300,000.

I hate myself for what I did. But the question that follows is what I need advice on.

I purchased a lot of stuff with that money. Things for the house, for the family, a lot of music production equipment as I'm a music producer.

What do I do with this stuff? I am going to ask the Lord. Being a music producer I now aim to produce Christian music. Mainly Dubstep and Hip Hop and work with Christian artists who make music to enrich the soul.

2. I work in Internet Marketing. I no longer do the "Darker" side of Internet Marketing. There can be a lot of money in Internet Marketing but I am no longer doing it for a lot of money, just as a means to earn money to live.

Much of Internet Marketing is about promoting products. As an example ebooks that teach you how to play a piano. Or dog training ebooks and courses.

As long as I'm not doing anything negative towards people and anything that goes against Christianity should this be ok to continue?

I think those are the two main questions on my mind at the moment. Eternal life is greater than anything on this earth and I want to do what's right in Gods eyes and not my own. I'm sure he will guide me along the way.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Forgive me for my sins.

James

Thusia Zao

Living Sacrifice
Dec 1, 2011
California
✟15,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me of the disciples Jesus chose. Some were involved in crimes even against Christians. But, Jesus chose them for a reason. And remember that we are all disciples after the Great Commission (Matthew 28). We are "fishers of men".

So I suggest keeping that in mind and that whatever you do, whatever job God places you in, you attack it with the mind that we're here to make disciples of all nations.

God loves you, I love you, God bless!

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Sending out messages on FB is one thing, cookie stuffing another. Most black hat methods are very dark because the love of money is so strong for some and it drives people to that place. It's ironic that a lot of money can be made using white hat methods to acheive basically the same thing. I am astounded by the number of people who do black hat marketing at instead of relying on God given intelligence which could in the long run acheive the same thing clean and responsibly. I'm not lecturing, just musing and sharing. I also am an internet marketer so I know precisely your struggle. I have seen the dirtiest and dirties and I even know a lot of those people and what exactly they do...and I am pretty open about how I feel about most of their methods but I don't judge them either, I just try to be a light. You have courage to walk away from the darkside. Of course you can be a marketer and do it clean and God will bless you and guide you always simply for asking.

Upvote 0

IAmJames

Dec 1, 2011
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sending out messages on FB is one thing, cookie stuffing another. Most black hat methods are very dark because the love of money is so strong for some and it drives people to that place. It's ironic that a lot of money can be made using white hat methods to acheive basically the same thing. I am astounded by the number of people who do black hat marketing at instead of relying on God given intelligence which could in the long run acheive the same thing clean and responsibly. I'm not lecturing, just musing and sharing. I also am an internet marketer so I know precisely your struggle. I have seen the dirtiest and dirties and I even know a lot of those people and what exactly they do...and I am pretty open about how I feel about most of their methods but I don't judge them either, I just try to be a light. You have courage to walk away from the darkside. Of course you can be a marketer and do it clean and God will bless you and guide you always simply for asking.

Wow. Such a blessing to meet another Internet Marketer.

You're right mate. The blackhat stuff is short lived, and dangerous. The same as life I guess.

So glad to hear others are in Internet Marketing here.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Wow. Such a blessing to meet another Internet Marketer.

You're right mate. The blackhat stuff is short lived, and dangerous. The same as life I guess.

So glad to hear others are in Internet Marketing here.

You will be in my prayers this week. PM me if you ever need to talk.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. I purchased a lot of stuff with that money. Things for the house, for the family, a lot of music production equipment as I'm a music producer.

What do I do with this stuff? I am going to ask the Lord. Being a music producer I now aim to produce Christian music. Mainly Dubstep and Hip Hop and work with Christian artists who make music to enrich the soul.

2. As long as I'm not doing anything negative towards people and anything that goes against Christianity should this be ok to continue?

James
1 Things are not evil, what you do with the things is what really matters.
If you can find a good use for the things to bless others and promote
the gospel and Jesus Christ then that is good....

2 I see no problem with your work....

So how is your walk with God now?
Have you grown closer to God? Do you have a relationship?

It is good to realize that you were wrong and turn back to the Lord but
are you replacing the things in your old heart with a renewed attitude
of surrender to God and His love for you and His plans for your life?

You are cleaning house and that is good.
You are sweeping out those things that you know are bad
but are you replacing the void with what is good and from God?

It isn't enough for you to eliminate those things that are wrong but
you must move toward God and what is good by surrendering
your heart to God and by asking Him to give you a new heart
and to renew within you a right spirit by giving you God Holy Spirit.

In all that you do to move in the right direction with God,
ask God to fill you with His Spirit to replace and displace all the garbage
that has taken residence in your heart over the years.

Jesus gives us a warning about taking out the trash in our lives and about
leaving our hearts empty and not allowing God to fill the void left in
us when we turn from evil but refuse to give God complete access to our hearts

Matthew 12
43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man,
he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out;
and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself,
and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

So I implore you to surrender your heart to God and ask Him to fill you with
His Holy Spirit and invite Him to do whatever it takes to keep you from falling away from Him.

Here is some information on receiving more of God's Holy Spirit...
The Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Spiritual Life in God

Upvote 0

IAmJames

Dec 1, 2011
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you Pal Handy.

Today has been a revelation. I have a friend on Facebook who's a Christian and he constantly spreads the gospel. I was constantly mocking his statuses arguing with scientific responses. At one point I was reading the satanic bible.

This is how low I got.

Today I was in bed and I was watching videos on near death experiences. And it hit me. One day, I will be going through this and when I do where do I want to be? I then started to look at my life and what I've become since walking away from God several years ago.

I spoke to the friend on Facebook and I asked him for some advice. I told him I'm ready. I don't want to leave my fate to chance.

I've prayed to the Lord and I've asked for forgiveness for my past sins. I've asked the Lord to guide me and educate me. I do surrender to the Lord.

I've also started reading some scriptures and I'm going to find a church to attend for service and bible study.

The part that scares me the most is where my spirit will end up. I don't want to go to hell. I also know that my old mindset was disgusting and I was sinning in so many ways and ignoring the truth I've already know.

The two questions above were just some questions that were running rings in my head. I have asked the Lord for guidance on those too.

Thank you for the replies.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The part that scares me the most is where my spirit will end up. I don't want to go to hell. I also know that my old mindset was disgusting and I was sinning in so many ways and ignoring the truth I've already know.
It is simple and it is plain....
Don't be fearful but believe and then receive the gift.
How do you receive any gift? You take it and make it your own.

You cannot earn the gift.
You cannot be good enough to receive the gift.
Your sins and failures do not cause God to retract the gift.

God gives us a gift freely and in love and He asks us
to receive the gift of Jesus Christ who died in out place
for all of our sins as He took on Himself our punishment.

God is satisfied with you as you trust in Christ and receive
His gift and make it your own for your salvation.

Matthew 10:32
“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men,
him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.

1 John 5:5
Who is he who overcomes the world,
but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 3:5
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments,
and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life;
but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Check into the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Don't be afraid of God or His gifts.
Don't believe all the negative hype against the Holy Spirit.

It was the Holy Spirit that cause a coward to stand up
and preach Christ to the very men that crucified Jesus...

Read in the book of acts about the gift God gave to the believers.

It is still a valid offer .....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jn1010

ChWriter
Nov 23, 2011
✟15,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your first sentence is interesting. You said, "I turned away from God a few years after becoming a Christian to chase the material pleasures of life and money."

I would ask some questions regarding what you saw of the kingdom of God. Did you fully repent of your life style and turn yourself over to God? Did you study the word to find out what kingdom you were moved into? Did you find any treasures there that would encourage you to follow Christ?

I think you need to start all over again. This time, you need to delve into the word of God. Get to know the author. Think about who Jesus Christ is. When you accepted Him, He came to dwell in you. What's more, He never left.

So, you discover what Christ has done for you. That would help you to understand who you are in Christ.

You mentioned money. Find out what God thinks of money. He owns it all, you know.

Finally, you need the fellowship of some devoted Christian people. Listen to them, not only what they say but how they say things. Look to see what the Lord has done in their lives.

Upvote 0