My husband has had some real bad luck this summer…

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of you probably remember his accident with his eye which we are still dealing with. Last evening, he was chopping and splitting wood and his foot got caught in some branches and he falls. Heard a loud pop when he fell. He was in pain but wanted to wait so we are in ER now. I think he might of broke a rib. He is in a lot of pain. So prayers appreciated.

Last edited:

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Some of you probably remember his accident with his eye which we are still dealing with. Last evening, he was chopping and splitting wood and his foot got caught in some branches and he falls. Heard a loud pop when he fell. He was I. Pain but wanted to wait so we are in ER now. I think he might of broke a rib. He is in a lot of pain. So prayers appreciated.
Broken ribs hurt. A lot. And mostly they say there is nothing to be done except wait and let them heal over time. That's what they told me. But some of them did not heal over time. There are now surgical interventions that could be considered at first evidence that the ribs are not healing right. One doctor in Omaha and another in Kansas City have pioneered this. Don't just take it that nothing can be done for broken ribs but to wait.

In the mean time I'll pray for him.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of you probably remember his accident with his eye which we are still dealing with. Last evening, he was chopping and splitting wood and his foot got caught in some branches and he falls. Heard a loud pop when he fell. He was I. Pain but wanted to wait so we are in ER now. I think he might of broke a rib. He is in a lot of pain. So prayers appreciated.
I am sorry to hear this.
("Hang in there")

:blush::praying:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry to hear about that. You guys should get a discount at the ER for all the times you’ve been in there. I will pray for him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the prayers all. Sorry for the delay but I had to come home and take a short nap. I’ve been exhausted today. X-rays came back unremarkable but before we got too relieved they said if the pain does not subside by Friday we need to get a cat scan ordered so they can see in more detail. Supposedly it’s very common to miss fractures in the initial x-rays of the ribs. They said his pain is pretty much giving every indication that there is something fractured in there but we are hoping he is just deeply bruised. In the meantime, he is on some heavy pain meds and has do some breathing exercises with this little breathing apparatus hourly to prevent pneumonia. It makes him take deeper breathes so he does not avoid breathing deeply because of the pain. In the meantime, he needs to sleep in the recliner while we wait to see if his pain lessens by Friday. Thank you all again for the prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,789.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't take much. A chap I met through a previous job had an obvious surgical scar on his head and some acquired brain injury.

I asked him if he was okay explaining how he did it.

He replied "I tripped over my own feet!" He was walking along the footpath and "tripped over his own feet", landing on his head on the concrete which did the damage.

Most of the time we get away with it, but we never know what's around the corner.

As my old pastor said once "Every parent knows that their children only get to 21 by the grace of God."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thanks for the prayers all. Sorry for the delay but I had to come home and take a short nap. I’ve been exhausted today. X-rays came back unremarkable but before we got too relieved they said if the pain does not subside by Friday we need to get a cat scan ordered so they can see in more detail. Supposedly it’s very common to miss fractures in the initial x-rays of the ribs.
Yup. easy not to see.
They said his pain is pretty much giving every indication that there is something fractured in there but we are hoping he is just deeply bruised. In the meantime, he is on some heavy pain meds and has do some breathing exercises with this little breathing apparatus hourly to prevent pneumonia. It makes him take deeper breathes so he does not avoid breathing deeply because of the pain.
I had one of those.
In the meantime, he needs to sleep in the recliner while we wait to see if his pain lessens by Friday. Thank you all again for the prayers.
Still praying. Been there. Three years ago but I remember too much of it too well.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some of you probably remember his accident with his eye which we are still dealing with. Last evening, he was chopping and splitting wood and his foot got caught in some branches and he falls. Heard a loud pop when he fell. He was in pain but wanted to wait so we are in ER now. I think he might of broke a rib. He is in a lot of pain. So prayers appreciated.
Good heavens, your family's sure been through the wringer. Prayers up for your husband that there's no breaks, quick healing and pain relief!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't take much. A chap I met through a previous job had an obvious surgical scar on his head and some acquired brain injury.

I asked him if he was okay explaining how he did it.

He replied "I tripped over my own feet!" He was walking along the footpath and "tripped over his own feet", landing on his head on the concrete which did the damage.
:) I have a three-inch scar on the top of my skull where a big chunk of steel bounced off it. The medic said if it had hit with a little more force, it would have penetrated, and I'd have had something worse than just traumatic brain injury. :(

You can barely see it in this picture, but the white line there is the scar. No, that isn't an ostrich egg, it's the top of my head, LOL!

ostrich egg.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You go to the same barber that I do!

"Short back and sides, number two all over, clean up the back of the neck" - in and out in five minutes!
LOL! Every time I take a shower, I slather my entire head with shaving cream, and what little hair I have left gets shaved to the scalp. :) In back, I start at the base of my neck, and work up. I'm not thrilled with being a chrome dome, but if I let it grow out, it's thicker in back on the right and left sides, with a thin strip in the center----I look like a skunk from behind. So, it all comes off. Plus, I will admit it's easy to take care of. I don't even carry a comb. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums