Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These are my highest rated films involving religion/Jesus in highest rated order :-

1. Jesus Of Nazareth with Robert Powell…….6 hours long and hugely powerful.
2.Risen…..not historically accurate but beautiful filming, great acting with an inspiring end
3. Passion Of The Christ……….painful, but a reminder of what physical and emotional pain Jesus Christ went through for us.
4.The Book Of Eli…..Denzil Washington, great concept
5.It’s A Wonderful Life
6.The Omen Trilogy…..a horror but concludes with the second coming
7.Spartacus
8.The Robe
9.The Ten Commandments
10.King Of Kings

God Bless

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No offense but I've never understood where Ben Hur, a great epic, fits in as a Christian movie. It also took me years to figure out the yearly showing of the Ten Commandments on tv around Easter was for the Jewish Passover audience and not Christians (although informative about God's quest to have man follow His will rather than their own).

I like the movie about Francis of Assisi, not for his religious affiliation but his walking the path following the second commandment of Jesus. Also of course the movies made that simply repeat scripture such as the Gospel of Matthew or John rather than forming a story line, although the Chosen has proven to be insightful and less biased than most. Superstar created interest among the young and did ask pertinent questions. But in the end it was all about the Kingdom and the will of God not man ,so it is hard to find anything free of man's opinion or interpretation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Some movies have come out in recent time that things are not all bad. Some of them are:
1) Jesus Music
2) Jesus Revolution

And though this movie isn't closely tied to Christianity, it is worth mentioning:
3) Sound of Freedom

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Attachments

• Jesus Takes Hollywood Newsweek.jpg
    Jesus Takes Hollywood Newsweek.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟551,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Jesus Revolution"
'Jesus Revolution/Movement' had a powerful impact on..among young people in 1970's..
- in United States & beyond.
- Also, pioneering days of Jesus Music.
---
Many memories of those days..

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No offense but I've never understood where Ben Hur, a great epic, fits in as a Christian movie. It also took me years to figure out the yearly showing of the Ten Commandments on tv around Easter was for the Jewish Passover audience and not Christians (although informative about God's quest to have man follow His will rather than their own).
None taken - Ben Hur is difficult to follow and LONG, must be watched a few times at least .... is it a real Christian film. I guess it depends on the audience, 50/50 but I think so.

The Plot:

The Ten Commandments - another great story and movie. Passover hmmm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Passion of the Christ was the first movie ever to make me weep.

I've watched a few of those family type Christian movies and some of them are real good like, I am...Gabriel. (Gabriel comes to the town of Promise as a kid and drivers their Barney Fife sherrif insane with his miracles, lol!)

There was another one called, The Girl Who Believes in Miracles. It's a great movie. (Lord forgive him, for he knows not what He does!) It's pretty funny at times.

Oh remember the Mailman from Cheers? He's in a couple good christian movies. One is called What if? And John Ratzberger plays an Angel who goes to help drive a rich guy nuts because he turned down marrying a certain girl 15 years ago and he takes him back in time to let him see what it would be like if he had married her. (No more Mercedes!) Good movie.

I give no spoilers here. Those are loosely and faceitously spoken! Lots more happen than Barney Fife! He nails that role!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been looking for more Christian movies to watch that aren't just 'these are okay for Christians to watch', so I appreciate this thread.

Look for movies that John Ratezenberger is in and, Kevin Sorbo. At times those movies get deep. Can you imagine the mailman from Cheers as an Angel? He brings with him the same character in that role, lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't watch "The Passion of the Christ." It's too much for me.

Oh come on, Jesus said all that he does we shall do and more!
I'm kidding. Actually, it took me a little while before I watched it the 2nd time. That is one powerful movie. One night a little while back I didn't re watch it one night cuz I didn't want t feel like that that night. That movie hit me hard.

I do recommend watching it until the end. It really brings home the reality of the price that Jesus paid...for you!

And that Jim Cavizeil (sp?) has a great testimony of making that movie. His shoulder pops out of joint on the cross, he got struck by lightning while filming it, whoa. Jim's Testimony about it is on you tube.

Upvote 0