• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My Depression Etc

N

Newsboy1900

Well I Was Just wanting to talk about my depression i have had it sense i was 11 or 12 im 19 almost 20 now i have had suicide attempts a few times been in hospitals and they have said i got alot of things im one of those people all i do is sit home every day have been for about 3 years i never go outside i just rededicated my life to jesus the other day which i have did before i keep comming back i have spent years where i go from one relgion to anthor i just seem to not beable to stay on one thing or relgion for a long period of time but im hoping i can stay faithful and god will help me get over this and maybe i can start having me a life and going outside because march ill be 20 and lets face it i havent did anything with my life so far and sometimes it just looks hopeless but i believe that if i stay faithful and in the world god will help me with my issues its been so bad i dont even goto therapy no more i just cope with it but sense i rededicated i havent been depressed much i hope that lasts well just wanted to share thanks godbless

Sam
Alabama :pray:

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hurray! It's WONDERFUL that you've been brought back to God after a period of wandering. If I could give you one piece of advice - it's to get out of your house and FORCE yourself to do work for God. Many evangelical Christians will yell at me for saying this, but I'm CERTAINLY not championing works above faith! But you NEED the support of other active Christians, and you need to be actively seeking the will of God in your life.

I've found out the hard way (like you) that Christianity is not a passive religion. It is only by trying to do God's work (and looking to God the entire time) that you will truly see God's will. If you volenteer at a church or a Charity, spend time simply helping your neighbors, or just buy a cup of coffee for somebody who looks like they need it, you'll hear God's will ever clearer. On the other hand, I can tell you from personal experience, if you sit in your room - and try to study the Bible (though it's necessary along WITH action) you'll get burnt out and you'll feel like God's forgotten you again - though it's only your habits that have brought you down.

Anyway, you know what it's like to be alone and depressed. Maybe you could find a church near you that works with high-risk kids or has a lay counseling ministry that you could hook up with. High risk kids are insane to try to settle down, but loving them makes such a HUGE difference in their lives...

Remember - the action won't make you feel better (not permanantly at least). You MUST act while studying and listening to God within a Christian community (a Church) to really do God's will and grow closer to your Father.

Upvote 0
N

Newsboy1900

Deamiter said:
Hurray! It's WONDERFUL that you've been brought back to God after a period of wandering. If I could give you one piece of advice - it's to get out of your house and FORCE yourself to do work for God. Many evangelical Christians will yell at me for saying this, but I'm CERTAINLY not championing works above faith! But you NEED the support of other active Christians, and you need to be actively seeking the will of God in your life.

I've found out the hard way (like you) that Christianity is not a passive religion. It is only by trying to do God's work (and looking to God the entire time) that you will truly see God's will. If you volenteer at a church or a Charity, spend time simply helping your neighbors, or just buy a cup of coffee for somebody who looks like they need it, you'll hear God's will ever clearer. On the other hand, I can tell you from personal experience, if you sit in your room - and try to study the Bible (though it's necessary along WITH action) you'll get burnt out and you'll feel like God's forgotten you again - though it's only your habits that have brought you down.

Anyway, you know what it's like to be alone and depressed. Maybe you could find a church near you that works with high-risk kids or has a lay counseling ministry that you could hook up with. High risk kids are insane to try to settle down, but loving them makes such a HUGE difference in their lives...

Remember - the action won't make you feel better (not permanantly at least). You MUST act while studying and listening to God within a Christian community (a Church) to really do God's will and grow closer to your Father.

Hey Thank You And The Problem with the charity etc is i live in a very very small town in alabama we dont have much things like that but i am going to try to find a good church to start going to thank you for the reply !

Upvote 0