Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Da_Funkey_Gibbon said:
Way cool! :)

So how was it? Any highlights?

Well my favorite bands were Family Force 5, P.O.D., Project 86, The Urban Sophisticates, MXPX, Staple, & Disciple.

A funny moment was when the band Project 86 was performing. One of their songs includes the lyric "Off with your head." When they performed that song and got to that lyrics, A group of fans during the front proceeded to tear the heads off bunches of stuffed aninmals and toss them on stage. The lead singer just stood there in silent shock after the song. :D

Upvote 0

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
DJ B.K. said:
One of their songs includes the lyric "Off with your head." When they performed that song and got to that lyrics, A group of fans during the front proceeded to tear the heads off bunches of stuffed aninmals and toss them on stage.

:eek:

Brother Justin <><

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
DJ B.K. said:
Thought you all would want to see my pictures from the Cornerstone Music Festival I went to last week. So here's my album: http://uc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2040120&l=7a7e6&id=21410168

Looks like fun. I went to Alive up in Canton, Ohio. It was for 4 days and each day had about 12 bands and many were on the main stage. It looks like many of yours were in a tent. If it was anything like Alive, wet, muddy, hot, then it must have stunk! But a good time non the less.

Upvote 0

DJ B.K.

But I'm Le Tired...
Jun 24, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Visit site
✟26,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
stivvy said:
Looks like fun. I went to Alive up in Canton, Ohio. It was for 4 days and each day had about 12 bands and many were on the main stage. It looks like many of yours were in a tent. If it was anything like Alive, wet, muddy, hot, then it must have stunk! But a good time non the less.

Well most of the band are actually in tents. There are tons of stages besides the main stage like:
Indoor/HM Magazine/Encore 1 Stage
Decapolis/Encore 2 Stage
Rock For Life Stage
Impromptu Stage
Sanctuary Tent
Underground Stage
Beach Stage
Dance Club
Fat Calf Stage

It was actually dry most of the time however. Was real hot though.

Upvote 0

DJ B.K.

But I'm Le Tired...
Jun 24, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Visit site
✟26,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
stivvy said:
Was that in Cincinnati? That is one of my favorite cities. If so, can you give me information on next years event. I will head there instead.

No it was held in Bushnell, Illinois. If you still want information you can go to www.cornerstonefestival.com.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DJ B.K.

But I'm Le Tired...
Jun 24, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Visit site
✟26,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
RoseofLima said:
Are the Urban Sophisticates a ska band?

If I am ever not pregnant- or nursing a wee baby- I'd love to go....

They're a hip hop band. You could compare them to the secular hip hop band The Roots.

If you ever are able to go, I'd be sure to meet up with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DJ B.K.

But I'm Le Tired...
Jun 24, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Visit site
✟26,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
HisKid1973 said:
Very interesting....I just saw your post after I read this link.http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/lead-story151.htm. Did your hear any of the things in this link??

I'm don't remember getting or seeing any of those leaflets or whatever. It seems like the writer had some points, but me being Catholic I knew I was going to meet ideas I didn't agree with so I wasn't surprised reading the article. I didn't like them criticizing the people wearing black and having tatoos though. What is so wrong with that? I wonder if they were the same people I heard about protesting C-stone showing a horror movie.

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.