my boss let me borrow some supplies

nathan57

Aug 24, 2007
✟15,283.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
She let me borrow some art supplies for a drawing class i was taking. They originally belonged to her nephew who she had a falling out with. im done with the class but i dont want these things. I dont know if he ever asked for them back but i dont want to ask her. i feel that she is the kind of person who would be offended if i tried to give them back. the sit in my room now unused but i dont want to, they arent mine. if i confront her i think she would get upset and i dont want to cause any tension. any advice?

with love
nathan

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
She let me borrow some art supplies for a drawing class i was taking. They originally belonged to her nephew who she had a falling out with. im done with the class but i dont want these things. I dont know if he ever asked for them back but i dont want to ask her. i feel that she is the kind of person who would be offended if i tried to give them back. the sit in my room now unused but i dont want to, they arent mine. if i confront her i think she would get upset and i dont want to cause any tension. any advice?

with love
nathan
Just return them to her, and say that you no longer have any need for them, and thanks for you help.

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the OP thinks that returning the Supplies will offend this person, then I advise you to DONATE them to someone. If you want, tell the donee why you don't want to keep them any longer.

Or, call up the Nephew, and offer them back to him.
If he says: "Naa, I don't want them ... you keep them." . . . then they will SURELY be yours, and should end your confusion about what to do.

And, if after he offers them to you, you STILL feel bad about keeping them, then donate them away.

Upvote 0

mrscplus

Jul 8, 2007
Toronto
✟8,162.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree, you need to give them back.

Try this, find a great little gift bag, put the supplies in it, along with a new pencil, or something that you use a fair bit of, (doesn't have to be expensive), and write a great thank you note.

Leave it on your boss's desk, or whereever you boss will find it, and then see what happens. You have taken the high road, replenished part of what you used, and if you are given it back, then you've got what you returned, plus the new one.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I used it once maybe, all the supplies are intact to my knowlege. its a big portfolio case with a board to draw on. theres paper in there too with pencils maybe. I might just leave it at the office and say nothing
Say somthing, such as a note on it, and say THANKS, and I appreciate YOUR giving!

Upvote 0