Muslims: "Wipe Christianity From Face of the Earth"

Nov 5, 2009
East Coast America
✟8,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You forget, we're racist, conservative, rich, crazy, moronic, war mongering hillbillies. And every vile thing a person says we are because we believe the bible and we don't use it as a mere suggestion, criticized by every group who calls themselves christian and yet denies Christ. Islam is satanic, everything contrary to the Gospel of Christ is satanic. But we're not allowed to talk about that because we've become a bunch of cowardly watered down and lazy good for nothings. Who sit in their churches and produce nothing but misdirected hot air.

And that is the kind of church that is irrelevant and won't be making it.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I personally have seen more to fear from extremist christians who would seek to not only crush the freedom of religion for others, but also using misinformation and hype; stoke an atmosphere of fear and division amongst not only themselves-but everyone else.
Care to cite examples?

Upvote 0

ThatWhichIsnt

evidence trumps all
Apr 20, 2011
✟8,158.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Spoken by a:

Communist- Attending many communist meetings in Tennessee
Plagiarizer- Most of his discertation was plagiarized
Adulterer- Cheated on his wife many times

It's best not use him as an example.

I realize that you, being Lutheran and all, hold this saints and popes in high regard, but they were just men. Their writings don't make them the official word of God, the Bible.

As a Baptist, we never quoted such men, and in the end it makes little difference to the true meaning. Those men are no more holy than today's believers. Lutheranism, being so close to the ungodly influences of Catholicism, hold onto a lot of these ideas.

That said, you've yet to argue that Christians cannot seek to do good in positions within the political sphere. Nothing there indicates such.

Lutheran's hold popes in high regards? Wow, I have heard it all! Please study the Reformation lol.

Baptists never quote the Early Church? Or anyone? I am so sure. Charles Spurgeon would like a word with you.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lutheran's hold popes in high regards? Wow, I have heard it all! Please study the Reformation lol.

Baptists never quote the Early Church? Or anyone? I am so sure. Charles Spurgeon would like a word with you.

Lutherans are almost Catholics themselves. They were the first break from the Catholic church, and they have a lot of same functions that the Catholic Church has.

Lutherans are also highly ritualistic in their services. Everything is so monotone as well. Practically no emotion expressed.

Going to a Baptist Church my entire 35 years, I have not heard of one reference to any so-called saint, as far as I can recall, that is outside of the Bible. I have heard preachers reference Oswald Chambers, Martin Luther, John Calvin, as well as a number of preachers, but none of the Latin saints that was posted.

You're correct about Lutherans and the popes. Since Catholics hold both saints and popes in high regard, and since Lutherans are very similar to Catholics in many ways, it came out as such when typing.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lutherans are almost Catholics themselves. They were the first break from the Catholic church, and they have a lot of same functions that the Catholic Church has.

Lutherans are also highly ritualistic in their services. Everything is so monotone as well. Practically no emotion expressed.

Going to a Baptist Church my entire 35 years, I have not heard of one reference to any so-called saint, as far as I can recall, that is outside of the Bible. I have heard preachers reference Oswald Chambers, Martin Luther, John Calvin, as well as a number of preachers, but none of the Latin saints that was posted.

You're correct about Lutherans and the popes. Since Catholics hold both saints and popes in high regard, and since Lutherans are very similar to Catholics in many ways, it came out as such when typing.

So your'e essentially saying that the Holy Spirit essentially left with John and was come again with Spurgeoun and Calvin.:doh:

Not an inspiration for nearly 2K yrs.:doh::doh:

Upvote 0

ThatWhichIsnt

evidence trumps all
Apr 20, 2011
✟8,158.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Just curious, how man Lutheran services have you attended? How many have been at different churches? What makes you qualified to say that every Lutheran service is monotone and emotionless?

Just because Lutherans have some of the same functions doesn't mean they are done for the same reasons. Every part of a traditional Lutheran service is molded and shaped by the Scriptures and the solas.

Some of my denominations practices, Presbyterian, look "catholic" to some of my friends. Call to worship, infant baptism, administering the Supper weekly, etc. However, the infant baptism we do is MUCH different than the RCC. Same goes with the Supper.

You have to look deeper before you can accurately say anything on the subject.

Upvote 0

ThatWhichIsnt

evidence trumps all
Apr 20, 2011
✟8,158.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So your'e essentially saying that the Holy Spirit essentially left with John and was come again with Spurgeoun and Calvin.:doh:

Well I would say it depends how you define inspiration. I would agree that there has been no one under the influence by the Spirit since the Apostles. The cannon is closed and needs no revising. God has raised up men and women to teach the proclaim His truths, but those truths are found in His Word and not any extra-Biblical revelations.

Upvote 0

sniperelite7

Jun 13, 2005
✟15,740.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Care to cite examples?

Charles L. Worley and others like him.

Religious leaders claiming it was tantamount to Hitler's rise to power, when the birth control issue was raised.

West Boro Baptist Church

A personal example; people in my church passing around a petition to halt the construction of a mosque. Ditto other churches in the area protesting its construction.

GeorgiaGuyInAtlanta :p

ItsJustMe, i'm surprised you need more examples other than whats been posted in this thread. I've just been called a leftist as if its some dirty label. Despite my holding of zero(count em) zero leftist economic policies. As i've said-I have friends who are muslim-persons i've known for many years. They've just been called sleeper cells waiting for the opportune time to essentially slit my throat.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not saying that. I simply gave a list of men that I've heard preachers reference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just curious, how man Lutheran services have you attended? How many have been at different churches? What makes you qualified to say that every Lutheran service is monotone and emotionless?

Just because Lutherans have some of the same functions doesn't mean they are done for the same reasons. Every part of a traditional Lutheran service is molded and shaped by the Scriptures and the solas.

Some of my denominations practices, Presbyterian, look "catholic" to some of my friends. Call to worship, infant baptism, administering the Supper weekly, etc. However, the infant baptism we do is MUCH different than the RCC. Same goes with the Supper.

You have to look deeper before you can accurately say anything on the subject.

My wife attended a Lutheran university. She attended chapel every week, and most of her friends were Lutheran. She went to many Lutheran services, and I attended a Lutheran wedding, which had a service before the wedding.

It was very monotone. Very little emotion expressed. Responsive reading abounded.

This isn't much different from what I see Catholics doing, with their monotone, lack of emotion services. Many Presbyterians are also this way. Furthermore, the whole wearing of the robes is very Catholic-like.

My wife claims that Lutheran services are characterized by responsive readings and the doxology (which many denominations, even Baptists, use). Very few of the hymns in the Lutheran hymnal are in the Baptist hymnal. The songs aren't strong on the chorus, and there's little change in the tempo or rhythm. Most of the songs seem to be slow songs, almost in a somber-like nature.

We once attended a Baptist Church service (not our home church) that my wife tells me was very similar to a Lutheran service. They had responsive readings, the doxology, and a very monotone form of service. Little emotion expressed.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Charles L. Worley and others like him.

Religious leaders claiming it was tantamount to Hitler's rise to power, when the birth control issue was raised.

West Boro Baptist Church

A personal example; people in my church passing around a petition to halt the construction of a mosque. Ditto other churches in the area protesting its construction.

GeorgiaGuyInAtlanta :p

ItsJustMe, i'm surprised you need more examples other than whats been posted in this thread. I've just been called a leftist as if its some dirty label. Despite my holding of zero(count em) zero leftist economic policies. As i've said-I have friends who are muslim-persons i've known for many years. They've just been called sleeper cells waiting for the opportune time to essentially slit my throat.
I haven't called you a leftist, but when you say "I have personally seen ... (etc.)" I would expect you to provide eyewitness accounts. Except for your local mosque protest, we've all "seen" these, in the sense that we all know about these incidents. But the way we see them is what separates us, unfortunately.

Westboro is an abomination, and if I lived in Topeka within two blocks of that church, I'd want really good fire insurance with a particularly solid "Act of God" clause. Worley is just an idiot looking for his 15 minutes of fame (no one can tell me he didn't know that video would wind up on YouTube).

The birth control issue relative to church and religious organization being forced to pay for birth control or abortion in their health care plan is directly in violation of their First Amendment protection under the Establishment Clause, as the government it literally trying to amend the church's or organization's charter against their will by forcing them to accept policy that goes against their belief system. That is something the Nazi's did, so it is not hyperbole for church leaders to voice such opinions.

As for Muslims building a mosque, I've no problem with that. I did have a problem with them building one next to the 9/11 memorial. In my mind, that was bad taste and an invitation to vandalism. They didn't use any better judgment than the people protesting the mosque in your neighborhood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So don't fight back the one trying to chop your head off. Right? "Turn the Other Cheek". I believe that you have misinterpreted the whole concept.

Of course you don't fight back. Is that a serious question?

What you're advocating is COUNTERACTIVE to winning people for Christ.

How so?

If you allow an Islamic takeover, then you no longer have a country populated with a citizenry whose religious influence is primarily Christian. Not to mention Sharia Law would also be set up. Those, a significant decrease in evangelism. It runs in direct opposition to the spreading of the gospel.

I didn't say that we should allow them to take over. I specifically said that we need to do the opposite of that via legislation.

You sound contradictory here from your previous statement.

Not at all. We don't allow any law but the Constitution and other applicable American laws. Should Muslims take over in spite of that, we don't get violent with our persecutors.

I'll pose a scenario for you: I am at church in a second or third world nation with poor communication and without the ability to use a cell phone to call the police, or I am in a place where the police will not be sympathetic to my situation. During the Liturgy a group of Muslims comes to my church, begins to destroy the building and holds all of us at gun point. We are given two choices: convert to Islam or walk barefoot across a path of broken glass to be hanged. How should I respond to that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lutherans are almost Catholics themselves.

You really should take the time to learn about Lutherans before making such statements.

Some of the more important differences:

Lutherans would tell you that "a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law." Romans 3:28. We cannot be saved by good works.

Lutherans will tell you that Christ, not the Pope, is the only head of the Church.

Roman Catholics believe that there are seven sacraments; Lutherans believe that there are only two Sacraments, Baptism and Holy Communion.

Lutherans generally do not believe in purgatory.

Yes, the Lutheran Church is a liturgical church. So are many other Protestent churches. That doesn't mean that "Lutherans are almost Catholics."

Going to a Baptist Church my entire 35 years, I have not heard of one reference to any so-called saint, as far as I can recall, that is outside of the Bible.

Lutherans will tell you that all who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, living and dead, are among the Saints.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You really should take the time to learn about Lutherans before making such statements.

Some of the more important differences:

Lutherans would tell you that "a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law." Romans 3:28. We cannot be saved by good works.

Lutherans will tell you that Christ, not the Pope, is the only head of the Church.

Roman Catholics believe that there are seven sacraments; Lutherans believe that there are only two Sacraments, Baptism and Holy Communion.

Lutherans generally do not believe in purgatory.

Yes, the Lutheran Church is a liturgical church. So are many other Protestent churches. That doesn't mean that "Lutherans are almost Catholics."

Lutherans will tell you that all who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, living and dead, are among the Saints.
Nice post brother. I was raised in the LCMS, Hope Lutheran, Chicago Ill. while my service may have been liturgical, it was beautiful and the Holy Spirit moved through our Pastor and the family of saints which occupied the pews.

Now, i am a mbr, or pledge mbr of a Baptist Church in central KY. No, the service is not liturgical, but I feel the same presence of the Holy Spirit as I did as a boy.

There are certain theologies generally associated with different denominations that are all suspect, but the comparison made by my Baptist brother earlier from Georgia was waaaaaaayyyyyy off. :doh:

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You forget, we're racist, conservative, rich, crazy, moronic, war mongering hillbillies. And every vile thing a person says we are because we believe the bible and we don't use it as a mere suggestion, criticized by every group who calls themselves christian and yet denies Christ. Islam is satanic, everything contrary to the Gospel of Christ is satanic. But we're not allowed to talk about that because we've become a bunch of cowardly watered down and lazy good for nothings. Who sit in their churches and produce nothing but misdirected hot air.

And that is the kind of church that is irrelevant and won't be making it.

The Holy Koran spends most its time pointing to the Holy Bible.

Have you read a good translation of the Holy Koran?

You are right that most people that go to so called Christian churches are not followers of Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to look very hard in many places to find Christians who think Islam should be wiped from the face of the world.
Christians should think more about the people that God Hates (Esau, Edom (Idumeans) and less about Islam.

Malachi. 1:2 I have loved you, saith the "I AM". Yet ye say, Wherein hast Thou loved us? [Was] not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the "I AM": yet I loved Jacob,
1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
1:4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the "I AM" hath indignation for ever.

Rev: 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are NOT, but [are] (Idumeans) the synagogue of Satan.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2009
East Coast America
✟8,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Holy Koran spends most its time pointing to the Holy Bible.Jesus Christ

Galatians 1:6-9 - 6I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

No.

Upvote 0