Jan 22, 2006
London -
Visit site
✟15,348.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
There is a abviouse way which islam is being used. The islam of the terrorists.
As we know the majority of us do not regard these muslims, as Genuine muslims, We can argue that the islamic law and the Quran forbids thier actions. I myself despite people like this, although i do not give them alot of thought, but nevertheless they are not something to look up to or be proud of.
However these terrorists are muslims, not simply because they say so, because they use the quran to justifiy thier actions. They are part of the islamic history, and also part of the ummah. Some like me do not consider them as good muslims. Some consider them as muslims who defend the ummah. (pfft)

Along side this, many muslim parents are concerned that thier sons and daughter do not end up like these people, or even share the same thoughts.

I believe the terrorists have thier own radical interpretation of islam.

Here is some islamic quotes which makes me wonder, Have they not seen this?
[Quran 7:28] They commit a gross sin, then say, "We found our parents doing this, and GOD has commanded us to do it." Say, "GOD never advocates sin. Are you saying about GOD what you do not know?"

Like all the other religions of God, Islam promotes peace and love.

Basically as most of you know, i would just like to remind most of you that, Terrorism cannot be justified in islam.

[Quran 6:151] "...... You shall not kill - GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you, that you may understand."

[Quran17:33] "You shall not kill any person - for GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. ....."

There is no way The actions of Terrorists can be justified.
Terrorist" is a word used so often and so loosely that it has lost a clear meaning.
But before i click submit new thread, let me tell you the definition of these terrorists.

The ones who kill in the name of islam.
Not the ones who defend themselves i.e palastines.
Not the ones who dont agree with the goverment
The fact is, George W. Bush has said if you are not with us, you are with the terrorists. Well I'll tell you what, I am not with George W. Bush..." - Ken O'Keefe

I hope you get my defenition of terrorists.

And please share youre thoughts on Terrorism and islam.

Add:
Also I hate how the majority of muslims are labeld as terrorists.

:)

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
AnnetteHamilton said:
I do not really know much about Islam outside of terrorism,

There are many beatiful buildings built around the globe by muslims (including America, Russia, Australia, China, Europe.....)

AnnetteHamilton said:
although I am reading the koran at the moment and I am talking to muslims on this website...

Almost every one talks to muslims but reading Qur'aan, that's something which takes extra commitment for knowing and increasing self knowledge, bottom line, I would like to thank you for reading Qur'aan.

Upvote 0

shaks

Jul 19, 2006
✟15,976.00
Faith
Muslim
Islam and terror and two opposites if you look deep enough. So the whole arguement against MUSLIM TERRORISTS. to me, dont even exist. If you are a muslim, you cant be tarrorist and vice versa.

Today the world understands terrorism as any ideology that goes against the socio politico economic set up created by west.
I do not really know much about Islam outside of terrorism,

They dont want you to know anything about Islam outside terrorism, so you wont. You need to study Islam for yurself and then make your decision.

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think people were shocked after 9/11 that somebody would do something like that for God, and so now we are trying to sort out whether Islam is peaceful or violent because that was really the first time we noticed it as a nation, there are polemists on both sides and it is difficult to sort through everything...

Upvote 0

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
the western world regarded ariel sharon a man of peace.

israel as a beacon of democracy in a turbulant middle east.

up is down, wrong is right, muslims are terrorists.

this is how the west tries to win the hearts and minds of the world. repeating garbage until the simple minded sheep accept it.

the muslim people of the world are an obstacle to complete corporate world domination.

muslims hate oppression, hate injustice, hate barbarism, and above all hate terrorism. They hate the terrorism inflicted on the people of iraq, afghanistan, lebonan, bosnia, kashmir, palestine, chechnya, etc.

the terrorist nations of USA and israel have killed more innocent people in the world in the last 50 years than any other group/nation combined. how many MILLIONS OF vietnamese innocents dead and maimed. thats just the tip of the iceberg. people have short memories. It is the godless secular nations of the world that have reaped havoc on the innocents of the world population. Soviet Union, scores of millions dead, USA scores of millions dead, europe 60 million of their own dead. this is the 'civilized' world for all to see.

the media has done a superb job at maximizing the killing that goes on while ignoring the glaring facts of history. the 'enlighted' secular nations of the west are the dispicable terrorists that endagers the world. not a handful of bandits seeking revenge for their killed brethren. these so called 'extremists' are a drop compared to the ocean of terrorism that is the western corporate run world.

Upvote 0

shaks

Jul 19, 2006
✟15,976.00
Faith
Muslim
and rulers of Godless nations are trying to become representatives of FREE WORLD

Hmm its like that police officer said in V for Vendetta "Theres something wrong with the world today"

the muslim people of the world are an obstacle to complete corporate world domination.

I see it as Muslims are an obstacle towards creating a Godless society all over the world, just like in the west, which would help them bring their systems of so called DEMOCRACY. Muslims will always oppose that. FOr us , its RULE OF ALLAH above anything else.

the terrorist nations of USA and israel have killed more innocent people in the world in the last 50 years than any other group/nation combined. how many MILLIONS OF vietnamese innocents dead and maimed. thats just the tip of the iceberg. people have short memories. It is the godless secular nations of the world that have reaped havoc on the innocents of the world population. Soviet Union, scores of millions dead, USA scores of millions dead, europe 60 million of their own dead. this is the 'civilized' world for all to see.

SSshhhhhhhhhhh... you shouldnt say it out loud . Its all forgotten:)

Upvote 0

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ServantofTheOne said:

this is how the west tries to win the hearts and minds of the world. repeating garbage until the simple minded sheep accept it.

muslims hate oppression, hate injustice, hate barbarism, and above all hate terrorism. They hate the terrorism inflicted on the people of iraq, afghanistan, lebonan, bosnia, kashmir, palestine, chechnya, etc.

the media has done a superb job at maximizing the killing that goes on while ignoring the glaring facts of history. the 'enlighted' secular nations of the west are the dispicable terrorists that endagers the world. not a handful of bandits seeking revenge for their killed brethren. these so called 'extremists' are a drop compared to the ocean of terrorism that is the western corporate run world.
Pot & Kettle. That is exactly the point that the OP is trying to make- or the mirror image of it.

Muslims (by and large) are not terrorists. Westerns (by and large) are not the spawn of Satan either.

Reactions: meh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shaks

Jul 19, 2006
✟15,976.00
Faith
Muslim
Muslims (by and large) are not terrorists. Westerns (by and large) are not the spawn of Satan either.

this statement is biased.... How can you identify one group of individuals based on what they believe and other based on where they live ?????

If you said ..
Muslims (by and large) are not terrorists. JEWS AND CHRISTIANS (by and large) are not the spawn of Satan either.

or

ARABS (by and large) are not terrorists. Westerns (by and large) are not the spawn of Satan either.

Doesnt this simply show how terrorism is associated with muslims as a result of a social design so a broadminded person like yourself, when mentioning terrorism, will always relate it to muslims,, knowingly or unknowingly.

So anyway ,, whats worse ,, being a terrorist or spawn of satan ?? you decide.

Upvote 0

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
The Midge said:
Pot & Kettle. That is exactly the point that the OP is trying to make- or the mirror image of it.

i wasn't referring to westerners generally, i said specifically western corporate run secular nations. it is obvious to the world that the people in those countries can't do a damn thing to stop the greedy and bloodthirsty oligarchs that rule their countries. they are spoon fed 'democracy', people rule.. another farce paraded to pacify the masses.

the average joe/jane in america is just trying to keep up with their mountainous debt. that and other distractions keep them blind to the actions of their government.... every other year 25% of the voting population come out and vote for the candidates that the corporate run media spins into office. the rest of the world sees the ugly face of the american government that its own people are ignorant of.

how else can an idiot like bush be the leader of supposedly the most powerful nation on earth? does this reflect an informed choice, is he the most capable and most competent of the american population? if not then there is something sorely wrong with your 'democracy'

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
ServantofTheOne, has it ever occurred to you that some of the wrongs of the Islamic world might actually be of our own making? Blaming the US and the Jews while ignoring the evils in our midst is certainly the trendy thing to do, but will it make anything better?

Reactions: The Midge
Upvote 0

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
you are 100% right, i didn't address the many ills of the muslim ummah. We can complain all we want about the godless terrorist western nations but at the end of the day it will change nothing. Just venting at the despicable murderous zionists and those who immorally support them.

the condition of the muslim Ummah is 100% our own fault, i have said it numerous times on the forum. it is natural for the hyennas to devour the weak and wounded.

Upvote 0

shaks

Jul 19, 2006
✟15,976.00
Faith
Muslim
The answer my brothers is .. knowledge of SELF. Thats something that we dont talk about anymore, not just as muslims, as human beings in general. Unless we look into our own selves and identify our own NAFS, and then contain the evil wihtin as much as possible, we're not following True Islam.

I dunno if you've heared of Dr. Allama Iqbal. Poest of East. His writing are all about Self realisation, which he calls "Khudi". His work was basis for creation of Pakistan in 40s and Iranian revolution later on. I would strongly recommend that you go through his works, both poetry and articles.

http://www.allamaiqbal.com/

Dr. Israr Ahmed, One of the top ISlamic scholars today and a student of MAulana Maududi, has used Iqbal's work to explain Quran and Ahadith in great details. HIs lectures canbe viewed at

http://www.tanzeem.org

If you're originally from India / Pakistan then you might about it already ;) otherwise, do check em out.

Assalam Alaikum

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ServantofTheOne said:
i wasn't referring to westerners generally, i said specifically western corporate run secular nations. it is obvious to the world that the people in those countries can't do a damn thing to stop the greedy and bloodthirsty oligarchs that rule their countries. they are spoon fed 'democracy', people rule.. another farce paraded to pacify the masses.
That is not how our society works. I can criticise my government without being branded an apostate.

ServantofTheOne said:
the average joe/jane in america is just trying to keep up with their mountainous debt. that and other distractions keep them blind to the actions of their government.... every other year 25% of the voting population come out and vote for the candidates that the corporate run media spins into office. the rest of the world sees the ugly face of the american government that its own people are ignorant of.
There you go again- generalisation after generalisation.

I work in local government where we are constantly held to account by our residents- the people we serve.

ServantofTheOne said:
how else can an idiot like bush be the leader of supposedly the most powerful nation on earth? does this reflect an informed choice, is he the most capable and most competent of the american population? if not then there is something sorely wrong with your 'democracy'
It ain't my democracey mate. Nor my choice. I don't thing Mr Bush is an idiot. I don't agree with his policies nor my own governments's for that matter. The fact is that they are restrained by public opinion which is better informed than you suppose. Otherwise there would probably have been an invasion of Iran by now.

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ServantofTheOne said:

I don't think that terrorism is about who is right or whose cause is moral, it is about actions... intentionally hurting innocent people...

Upvote 0

Electra

Mar 2, 2005
✟15,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
kellyjaz said:
[Quran17:33] "You shall not kill any person - for GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. ....."

I think this sentence in itself could be misused. The idea of Justice varies from people to people.

To some justice means ''revenge'' to others it doesn't.

I udnerstand your frustration, but you need to look at the core of the problem of grouping togetherness.
Islamic countries are guilty of this, teching their children about the Death of America.

The solution can come if you look through the eyes of the people who are making such assumptions, i.e. what is making them think that way.

Why Islam? For example people are not sat having an argument about missinterpretation of Taoism and violence, or Hinduism and Violence, or Buddhism and violence.

Noone ever confused anything in these religions with violence.
So the solution may lie in understanding what exactly is making certain people use it for violence.

The solution is in teaching and promotion of Islam, not to west, but to Muslims themselves, NOT in the West and the assumptions. Because those assumptions have to come from somewhere.

Upvote 0

shaks

Jul 19, 2006
✟15,976.00
Faith
Muslim
Islamic countries are guilty of this, teching their children about the Death of America.
I was born, brought up and educated in pakistan till i was 18. And i totally reject this allegation. No one teaches us that. However, western media teaches you to believe thats what we do in muslim countries. THEY WANT YOU TO BELEIEVE THAT WE BELEIEVE IN KILLING YOU... and you believe it . Thas sad.

Upvote 0