There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A group called the Texas Nationalist Movement fanned out to 31 cities across Texas this weekend trying to gather the 75,000 signatures they say they need to get the question of the state's secession from the United States on the primary ballot next spring.

- Source

If you are legally allowed to sign this petition, you absolutely should. If we can get it on the ballot, then you should abosolutely vote in favor of secession.

Maybe then--once it's made crystal clear that secession ain't ever gonna happen--we can finally put this Texas secession stupidity behind us once and for all.

Blank Stair

1 Peter 3:16
Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This movement isn't exclusive to Texas. There was a group in, if I recall correctly as it's been years, that wanted to secede part of South Carolina. I think it was the northern part of the state.
But Texas seems to have the most tenacious bunch that reinvigorate this movement at least once a year and for awhile now.
A direct response to the drama that occurs in politics generally I think.

Reactions: TheoNewstoss
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you are legally allowed to sign this petition, you absolutely should. If we can get it on the ballot, then you should abosolutely vote in favor of secession.

Maybe then--once it's made crystal clear that secession ain't ever gonna happen--we can finally put this Texas secession stupidity behind us once and for all.
You can't vote away stupidity.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hey now... Remember, this is Texas we're talking about. It's not voting stupidity away, it's all about stupidity voting.

Hey now... Texas was once its own country after all. And I don't think it's wrong to want to secede from the Union, even if it isn't constitutionally possible.

Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This movement isn't exclusive to Texas. There was a group in, if I recall correctly as it's been years, that wanted to secede part of South Carolina. I think it was the northern part of the state.
Were they wishing to secede from South Carolina or the US as a whole? I know various states have had different regions want to secede and form their own state. Long Island and the greater NYC region occasionally make rumblings about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blank Stair

1 Peter 3:16
Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Were they wishing to secede from South Carolina or the US as a whole? I know various states have had different regions want to secede and form their own state. Long Island and the greater NYC region occasionally make rumblings about that.
The latest South Carolina secession threat is over the removal of the Confederate flag.

I can't find the link to the organization that had formed to secede the northern aspect of South Carolina from its southern part and the U.S. It was some years ago but in the 21st century at least. Now all that I can get to pop on search engines is the latest efforts in that regard. Like the one link above.

Justice Scalia in 2010 was asked to comment on the potential of success behind those states that were even then having groups within them making an effort to secede. (Article here) He basically says there that it isn't legally possible.

Reactions: TheoNewstoss
Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Hey now... Texas was once its own country after all. And I don't think it's wrong to want to secede from the Union, even if it isn't constitutionally possible.
Since when does the Constitution mean anything to these conservatives who also say they cherish it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Since when does the Constitution mean anything to these conservatives who also say they cherish it?

I honestly don't know anything about that. I was just commenting how I supported the idea, not that I think it will ever happen.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
As some one I respect, what reasons are there to succeed?

Well respectfully, the reason why I like the idea is because it means being separated from the United States government and this country.

And that is just my personal opinion, whether it's seen as right or wrong by someone else, it is how I feel as a Native American.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What's it matter? we've already for Perry and Cruz. If you want I'll dig up a bunch of other crazy Texans, but you probably know who they are.

Tejas already has enough loud mouth politicians, in my humble opinion, and I certainly don't want to see Trump thrown into the mix.

Upvote 0