(moved) "RACE" IS AN ARTIFICIAL SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,114,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unless you are reporting a crime, there is no need to classify people this way. It is something racists like to do. Look at somebody and say "he is this and there is no need to know them further because I already know what they are."
Well I don't agree. There are other times that it is helpful to know and identify someone as black, Native American, etc. and it has absolutely nothing to do with racism.
When my son was dating his wife he called me to tell me about her. He told me important things about her character, her goals, and her personality. He also told me she is Asian. This was helpful to me almost as much as seeing a photograph of her because now in my minds eye I had an idea of what she looked like. My first thought was beautiful black hair and dark eyes. It wouldn't have been any different that if he had said brown eyed blonde. I felt that she was somewhat more familiar to me when I spoke with her on the phone.
Turns out she is also an awesome cook and she has introduced me to foods in her culture that I had never eaten before.:)

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟735,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well I don't agree. There are other times that it is helpful to know and identify someone as black, Native American, etc. and it has absolutely nothing to do with racism.
When my son was dating his wife he called me to tell me about her. He told me important things about her character, her goals, and her personality. He also told me she is Asian. This was helpful to me almost as much as seeing a photograph of her because now in my minds eye I had an idea of what she looked like. My first thought was beautiful black hair and dark eyes. It wouldn't have been any different that if he had said brown eyed blonde. I felt that she was somewhat more familiar to me when I spoke with her on the phone.
Turns out she is also an awesome cook and she has introduced me to foods in her culture that I had never eaten before.:)
Wouldn't it have been more helpful to know if she was Chinsese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Philippine, Cambodian, or something like that? Then you could Google her country and learn a little about her people. Asian doesn't say anything about where she is actually from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Original sin? Are you serious? You call yourself a Protestant yet you subscribe to a Catholic teaching?
Luther would disagree with you that it's an exclusive Roman Catholic teaching. I reckon you could work out my point if you really tried. The rest of your post is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
God sees no gender. He created us physiologically different, but not unequal. Yet humanity treats women as lesser beings. Why? Is it a good thing? Does God condone such a mentality? Shouldn't we more readily dispense with it, as believers, to show the world that God sees no gender? Then why cling tightly to a human term of "race"? We should be leading the way as believers to dispense with "race" as a divisional mindset. It naturally leads to pitting people against each other, not unifying them.
I agree with the point you are making.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Well humans belong to the human race but what would you call
The difference between a Native American and a European?
Curious ya know.
Are different humans a different breed?
I find labeling humans as a "breed" kind of dehumanizing.
Canines are of different breeds but not humans.
Humans consist of different social groups, some of which develop different physical characteristics to that of others.
We have named this phenomenon "race", but it would probably be better if we hadn't.

The difference between a Native American and a European is that they (or their forbears) are from different social groups. However this distinction becomes meaningless as populations become more mobile. Which is more proof that "race" is a social construct.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Or I can just look at the guy and say, ‘That guy is black.’
One could also say "that guy is tall", "that guy is blond", or "that guy is fat". Which is useful if you need to urgently identify them. But beyond that it's not much use.

He also told me she is Asian. This was helpful to me almost as much as seeing a photograph of her
Actually that's a good point. The race classifications are useful in identifying what people look like. But given all the baggage the race classifications carry, it might be best just to send a photograph. (That's what I would expect of my kids; I'd be a bit worried if my kids mentioned their new partner's "race" when telling me about them.)

Upvote 0

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
All anyone needs to know about how the term "race" is misused is to consider what is the supposed race titled, "Hispanic." There are White Hispanics, Black Hispanics, Brown Hispanics, Red Hispanics and I cannot say exactly what else. If we see this whole idea for what it is, we see the social engineering aspect of it, and the political correctness aspect of it. Who knows what will happen from here? Will Short and Tall become a race distinction? Will sexual identity become a race identity for the purpose of wrapping that up in discrimination issues? It is almost that way now! Who can say, when the language your parents spoke could determine your race?

Upvote 0

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Any Christian who thinks that race is a real thing needs to realise that Adam was black.
Sorry to have to ask, but where is any proof of what Adam the First looked like? I have heard the same thing in reference to others in scripture, also, without any proof that would be definitive.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Sorry to have to ask, but where is any proof of what Adam the First looked like? I have heard the same thing in reference to others in scripture, also, without any proof that would be definitive.

Can you prove that he wasn't black?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can you prove that he wasn't black?
Your reply is Not Appropriate. I did not make the claim. My post was in response to your claim. Keep this on the up & up, please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
why cling tightly to a human term of "race"? We should be leading the way as believers to dispense with "race" as a divisional mindset. It naturally leads to pitting people against each other, not unifying them.

Brilliantly put Tickingclocker!

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
facial features are also associated with race, it's hard to deny that qualities of people are also linked with race.

Absolutely no SCIENTIFIC PROOF to this claptrap. Another blatant lie. "RACE" is an evil human construct, Timewerx, invented by SLAVE MASTERS in order to breed better,more obedient slaves. There are no "breeds" of humans. We are are all sons and daughters of Adam.

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is an evolutionary thing; we're evolved to associate with those who share the most genes with us, i.e., who look most like us.

Another lie. Stop spreading this monstrous claptrap, Received. RACE is an EVIL human construct, designed by SLAVE MASTERS to create better more obedient slaves.

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Is my white skin colour a social construct? Is my friend's black skin colour a social construct?

Is your skin really WHITE? Who told you it was thus? Does your "friend" agree with your assessment, Portuguese?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
However, the Bible mentions three races: the Shemites, the Hamites, and the Japhethites

Please quote me the word "RACE" or "RACISM" in the Bible,Faithful. STOP spreading the "RACE" lie. RACE is an evil social construct created by SLAVE MASTERS to make more obedient SLAVES.

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
In this passage, you have six different races listed here. I don't think God thinks that race is a "social construct." Oops!

Quote me the word "RACE" or "RACISM" in the Bible, MountainPine. Like I said before : STOP misleading people with your lies. You have not proven anything and, thus, have enlightened no one.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
All anyone needs to know about how the term "race" is misused is to consider what is the supposed race titled, "Hispanic." There are White Hispanics, Black Hispanics, Brown Hispanics, Red Hispanics and I cannot say exactly what else. If we see this whole idea for what it is, we see the social engineering aspect of it, and the political correctness aspect of it. Who knows what will happen from here? Will Short and Tall become a race distinction? Will sexual identity become a race identity for the purpose of wrapping that up in discrimination issues? It is almost that way now! Who can say, when the language your parents spoke could determine your race?
Sexual identification has already become the equivalent of a race. Opposition to gay marriage has been deemed to be no different than opposition to bi-racial marriage, by argument and by legal decision.

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others