bangalore
✟144,119.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because I am a new Believer in christ,Many of my hindu friends ask me ,What is the need to convert from one religion to another as in my case,?Well Brethren I do not no what to tell of the criticisms i Face,But I got attracted towards Jesus and I love HIM More than anything on this earth,So my brothers and sisters in Christ,Please tell me what made you people think that Jesus is the only true God?I have read the bible,So that is also one of the reasons why I feel Jesus obviously could be the only True God,But what made you brethren to know that Jesus is the only true God,Please write your personal encounters or any incidents in your life that convinced you that Jesus is the only true God,It is my curious request

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I met God by a lakeshore when I was a depressed and suicidal teenager. He told me He loved me and I was not alone, and His voice was unmistakable. After that encounter, I chose to believe Him, and His word (the Bibe) says that "“I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

It was more complicated, of course, for me to believe that the Bible is His word; but I got to know Him first, then chose to believe that He speaks through the Bible, then believed what He says in it.

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because I am a new Believer in christ,Many of my hindu friends ask me ,What is the need to convert from one religion to another as in my case,?Well Brethren I do not no what to tell of the criticisms i Face,But I got attracted towards Jesus and I love HIM More than anything on this earth,So my brothers and sisters in Christ,Please tell me what made you people think that Jesus is the only true God?I have read the bible,So that is also one of the reasons why I feel Jesus obviously could be the only True God,But what made you brethren to know that Jesus is the only true God,Please write your personal encounters or any incidents in your life that convinced you that Jesus is the only true God,It is my curious request

Well you needed to convert because there is only one God , by definition God is the most high , there can't be multiple gods like in greek mythology .

This God has 3 parts just like you have 3 parts , Body - Jesus Christ , Soul - God the Father , spirit - Holy Spirit .

We know about Jesus Christ as being God because he prove it to us . There were about 350+ prophecy of him comming , and even one was exactly to the day that he will ride on donkey and be proclaimed as Messiah .

These prophecy were written many years before he has arrived , when he arrived he fullfilled them proving us that
he is the Messiah , you can check them here AccordingtotheScriptures.org :: 353 Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

He needed to enter his own creation and die for us taking our place and our punishment on cross , by shedding his blood he paid our debt made by our sins , he rose the third day from the dead , defeating death and proving that he has eternal life and will give to everybody who will believe in him .

You can show your friends this video , it is based on chance and math of how hard it would be for one person to fullfill these prophecy , only God himself could fullfill them .

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello kirthika, and welcome to CF! We are glad you've joined us. :)

Btw, I'm going to ask that your thread be moved, since the prayer wall is only for asking prayers. You will probably get more replies when it is moved. :)

As for me, there are too many things to list, and some are very personal. I learned who Jesus was (though not really the Gospel, nor did I understand His divinity) when I was 4 years old, and I knew I loved Him then. He was part of my life, sometimes very closely, through my life. Though as a child I did not really understand. I tried to read the Bible on my own as a child, but not very successfully. The family I was raised in was not religious. But I think I might have been baptized as an infant. I can't verify that. I started going to church on my own, walking there by myself. I would make appointments with pastors to ask my questions. Like many, I strayed a bit as a teen and young adult. But the day came when I desperately needed God, and I prayed very simply, "God, if you are really there, you've got to help me!" And He showed up in power. From then on things became more clear, and once again He was close. My relationship with God was always mostly through prayer, but church is needed too. I struggled a bit more as the church (one denomination, then another and so on) failed me, unfortunately. But God tends to guide our steps if we allow it, and thankfully I am in a very good place now.

As for me, it would be harder for me to try to believe that God didn't exist. He's been too real to me for most of my life.

The reason why the God of Christianity and not some other is because He is the one who is real, the one who created us, the one who loves us, and the only one who can give us life. Truth is truth, whether a person recognizes or believes it, or not. We don't create reality by our belief.

Those who are involved with other religions may have difficulty understanding or believing that, for various reasons. They do tend to have things that are true in them. (We nearly all have the same moral values.) There are other reasons they can be wrongly convinced, and other spirits who work to keep them confused. Prayer is one of the best ways to fight this.

For those who are interested through logical arguments, there are many of those as well.

Reading about the martyrs of Christianity can help too. Sometimes the deaths of martyrs happened in such ways that the soldiers who were killing them were converted, even though they were then immediately killed too as a result.

This is all that comes to mind at the moment. I hope you find helpful answers. And again, welcome to CF!

God be with you!

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF.
Christ is the only true God because of his resurrection. His body was never found, and were over 500 eyewitnesses to His resurrected person. There are other dying and rising savor-god myths in history, but they are just that: myths. Even the most radical scholars agree that Christ existed in history and was crucified. The big question is: was he bodily resurrected from the dead? The Scriptures say yes. And we can trust the Scriptures as historical documents, more so than any other document in ancient history. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

In OT prophecy it spoke of Jesus..

Isaiah 9:KJV
6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
{7} Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

So the Son is also the Father and Mighty God.. The only one who was born and is called the Son of God is Jesus.. So Jesus is the mighty God and also the everlasting Father..

John 10: KJV
30 "I and my Father are one. {31} Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. {32} Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? {33} The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

The Jews knew what Jesus was saying and wanted to stone Him to death for saying it..

John 14: KJV

8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. {9} Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

Philip asked Jesus to Show Him the Father and Jesus did..

This video goes into some more points as to why Jesus is God..

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Humans have a natural characteristic, common among all men, regardless of their background ~ and that is SEEING is a convincing factor for one to BELIEVE something.

Thus there appears to be a dilemma.

Since humans can not SEE God, so how can a human thus BELIEVE in God?

In brief -
Every man has from God a Living soul. Thus I believe every man has a WAY for which God can communicate with every Living soul. (All souls belong to God, and All life in the soul belongs to God, Because God IS LIFE, and nothing has LIFE without God imparting the "thing" with Life from Him).

From ancient history - we find God communicating with mankind, by a voice a man receives. A voice heard in a mans ears? I don't know. A voice, A vision, A Word, is how God communicated with early man.

God repeatedly announces, Who He is, What shall happen, and then explains, to the man, watch and see if it happens. IF it does come to pass, that is HOW you shall SEE.

IOW, we can not SEE God, but we can SEE the results coming into fruition, of what He says BEFORE it happens, that it SHALL happen.

Example;

Gen 17
[1] And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God;

Gen 9
[14] And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

Num 11
[23] And the LORD said unto Moses, Is the LORD's hand waxed short? thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.

In the OT, men become well acquainted that God is called; by descriptions of WHO He is and Titles for Him and Attributes that apply to Him.

God is called by Descriptions; Eternal, Everlasting, Creator, Maker, Spirit, Good, etc.
God is called by the Names; Yehweh, Jehovah, I AM, etc.
God is called by Titles; God, LORD, etc.
God is called by Attributes; Life, Savior, Great, Almighty, Light, Power, Good, Word, Before ALL things created and made, Consuming Fire etc.

Yet, men having such KNOWLEDGE revealed to them, AND observing what was foretold coming to pass;
Men STILL wanted to "SEE" God. God called man "stiffnecked", and "stubborn", to demand to SEE God......
hello? SEE what would CONSUME you with FIRE, should you SEE Him? Sort of funny when you think about it.

However God WHO IS Almighty had already promised men ~ He would Walk Among men and Be their God and they His people.

Lev 26 [12] And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Well known, God has no beginning or ending.
Well known, Men of the earth have an individual beginning (birth) and individual ending (bodily physical death).

So, while men are impatient in their "time frame", waiting, wondering, wanting to SEE God, for themselves; God is ALL knowing WHEN the Time is most perfect for Him to appear unto mankind.

So, mankind, waits, speculates, wonders; When will the Lord God appear, what will He LOOK like, what will He do, etc.

Jews were waiting for a Majestic King. A King that would rule their people. A King that would Save them and Protect them from their enemies. Their God that would make their "earthly" life everylastingly in peace, harmony and joy.

Bummer ~ It didn't happen as some men EXPECTED, however it did happen as God foretold.

Gods WORD would come out of His mouth.

Isa 45
[23] I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Mic 5
[2] But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Jud 13
[18] And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?
Isa 9
[6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Birth revealed; Place of Birth revealed; Name revealed; Where he came from revealed;
Who he is is revealed; His everlasting revealed;

Bethlehem / Judah/
Jesus/ Messiah/ Christ/ Quickening Spirit
Out from God
Same yesterday, today, tomorrow

Fashion He was revealed;
Likeness as an earthly man, common features, a Jew,
Without reputation of riches; ie pomp of a grand estate of material riches.
Bold and confident with His claims.

Attributes that amazed Believers and Unbelievers :
In depth knowledge of Scripture
Fearless in the face of adversity and threats
Power to heal
Power over evil spirits
Power that even the Weather is subject to His Commands.
Supreme in His knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

For the believers (who by the way, were first Jews) - They first experienced receiving first hand knowledge from Jesus; and in that day, first experienced receiving first hand wisdom and understanding OF God, BY Jesus; whose Name is also; The Word of God.

Secrets and Mysteries revealed: Correct; God IS a consuming fire. That which is corrupt, (which is how all men are born), (and "some" remain so), can and shall be consumed by Gods Fire. However Gods WAY, gave mankind a WAY to "SEE" God, without actually "SEEING" God, as He is.

Everything ABOUT God IS God, just as everything about YOU IS YOU.
Your thoughts, your body, your ideas, your plans, your truths, your seed, your WORD, etc. The same applies to God, since He created man in His image.

Secrets and Mysteries revealed: Gods Word came among men, in the LIKENESS, as a man. A cover, A barrier, A Way for man to SEE God, without SEEING.

Heb 10
  1. [5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Phil 2
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Men who followed Jesus, who trusted and believed - first knew Jesus "as a man", but then knew Jesus "as thee Lord God Almighty".

2 Cor 5
[16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

1 Cor 1
[24] But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Many of my hindu friends ask me ,What is the need to convert from one religion to another as in my case,?

Hinduism of course is best understood by a person raise and taught and who has practiced the Hindu faith. And while many religions have things similar to the Christian religion, there are concrete differences, that separate Christianity from other religions.

Additionally - While all Christian denomination have a VERY BASIC commonality - that Jesus is the Christ - Christian denominations are different it HOW they teach, and what they ALLOW, and what they DISALLOW. For example, some teach with diagrams and words to "symbolize"; and some teach makeup and dancing IS allowed, while other disallow such things.

I know of no Book of Written text that is a go to source for Hindu's.
Is there such a Book? If not how does a Hindu verify what they are taught?
Also my understanding is Hindu's have one central God, (Brahma) and many other gods?
True?
Do Hindu's worship, pray to, statues? Do Hindu's worship, pray to, sub-gods?
How does a Hindu know, what God looks like, or even what sub-gods look like?
How was the Hindu god revealed to Hindu's?
Just curious questions.

Thanks,
God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Kirthika
Blessings on you in your walk with the one true God.

What was it that attracted you to Jesus, that is your testimony, your witness as to the reality of Jesus.

You can tell people all day long what Jesus did for others, but when you speak out of your own life circumstances, they carry more weight.

Rom 10:13-15
13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
You know better than anyone what Hindu people believe, you now know about Jesus and what he means to you, speak out of your knowledge of both, don't complicate things for others, making it as simple as you can in order for them to understand the simplicity that is in Christ.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,091,583.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
One thing we have to realize about religions is that they have to follow the laws of logic just like everything else in the universe. The first law of logic is that two contradictory things cannot both be true. They can both, or all, be wrong. But they cannot both, or all, be right. Christianity contradicts every other religion. For one thing it has a Deity that died for our sins. No other religions claim that for themselves.

If the Savior, in Christianity, is right, then all other religions are wrong.

Here are just a very few of the reasons to believe in Him.
Now in the Bible we are told of a Man Who believed in Adam and Eve and Noah as being actual, historical figures. The Bible says He did miracles and told others to do things like raise the dead and heal the sick. It also describes His death and burial. Is there any actual scientific data to support those stories? Absolutely!
See secular news reports about Val Thomas, dead for 17 hours but now alive and normal after prayers from her family and her Church.
. See Medical Marvel Beyond Chance, from a secular source, with a pediatrician giving his report. this one attesting to a dying child's healing which cannot be explained by modern medicine, and came after a relative laid hands on her and prayed for her. The DNA in every cell of her body was changed.
Here is some more documented, scientific, evidence, not nearly all of it at all. See CBN's short vid Dean Braxton. You'll hear his critical care doctor, rated the best patient care doctor in Washington state, saying "It is a miracle...a miracle..." that Braxton is alive, has no brain damage and is normal in every way. Why? He had no heart beat and no respiration for 1 3/4 hours! His family believed in divine healing and they and others were praying for him.
. Also see CBN Dr. Chauncey Crandall Raises A Man From The Dead.
Part 1. This video is a bit faded but has the most complete information on this story.
Bruce Van Natta was in a horrific accident and lost all but a couple of small pieces of his small intestine. Someone he never met was told to take a plane to lay hands on him and pray for him and to his doctors' amazement, his small intestines grew back!
Get Dr. Richard Casdorph's book The Miracles. There he gives medical documentation for miracles, mostly, but not all, from Kathryn Kuhlman's healing services. Casdorph came to Kuhlman's meetings to debunk her but turned into a supporter, as did other doctors. You can see him and other doctors in some of her healing services on YT. (She is now deceased.) Delores Winder is one of the cases documented in his book. You can watch her amazing story on YT with Sid Roth. Delores Winder testimony.wmv The book The Audacity of Prayer by Don Nordin lists medically documented miracles.
On Andrew Wommack's vids you can see doctors talking about "miracles" too. Check out the YT vid with the opthamologist who says Yes, Ronald Coyne could see out of an empty eye socket after a faith healer prayed for him. You can see him doing demos. At the end of the book Don't Limit God you see a medical statement by a doctor saying that his patient used to have M.S. and diabetes but is now cured. . Do you think that Someone Who can raise the dead and heal people of deadly "incurable" diseases, Someone Who created time, space, matter, energy and you - needed "evolution" to make life forms? No, He created them fully formed and fully functional in 6 days just as Genesis, a Book He always supported, tells you.
Then there is the Shroud of Turin. If you don't know, the Shroud is a linen burial shroud with the faint image of a crucified man on it. If you have heard that the Shroud was proven to be a Medieval fake based on carbon 14 testing, in the documentary Jesus And The Shroud of Turin you can see the very inventor of carbon 14 testing saying that the sample was invalid due to contamination. Documentary | Jesus and the Shroud of Turin
The vid demonstrates many miraculous features such as pollen from Jerusalem and faint images of flowers that are found only in the Jerusalem area during the spring, as at Passover when Messiah was crucified. With modern technology we also see that the Shroud has an x ray quality which reveals bones and dentition of the Man on the Shroud.
In the 70s a NASA scientist noticed the Shroud's photographs had inexplicable, unique in the world, qualities. He got up a team of scientists, called STURP, to examine it in person in Italy. (No, the Shroud is not "just a Catholic thing" as the Vatican only came into possession of it fairly recently in history.) They used NASA, and other, high tech equipment with 100s of thousands of hours of research. Their findings are seen all over the net and were published in respected science journals.
The team was composed of 3 Jews, at least one agnostic and one atheist, and people of various faiths. They all agreed on these things: There is no paint on the Shroud and they have no clue how the image got there. It exactly matches, down to blood stains where a crown of thorns would be, the description of Messiah's death and burial as given in the Bible. The image could not be duplicated with modern technology.
These miracles are not what many would call proof. But they are certainly evidence. In a court of law you generally rely on evidence, not proof, as the actual crime is historical and cannot usually be observed (unless there was a video cam.) . About the Shroud I say "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, maybe it's a duck." Maybe that Man on the Shroud is your very Best Friend and Savior. I pray you will find that out.
You're going to need a miracle some day friend. They are out there in abundance for those who humbly seek them from their Creator, the One Who made all that DNA out there.

Praying for you and those you mentioned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,070,259.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
thread moved.png

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I met God by a lakeshore when I was a depressed and suicidal teenager. He told me He loved me and I was not alone, and His voice was unmistakable. After that encounter, I chose to believe Him, and His word (the Bibe) says that "“I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

It was more complicated, of course, for me to believe that the Bible is His word; but I got to know Him first, then chose to believe that He speaks through the Bible, then believed what He says in it.
Great verse there from John 14! :)

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
many excellent replies here

for me one of many ways i know Jesus is God because when i pray in the name of Jesus things happen.

i have experimented with healing for example.

i pray in the name of Jesus and people get healed.

i don't pray in the name of Jesus and they don't get healed.

even animals recognize the name of Jesus - i have prayed for people in their homes and when i say the name of Jesus animals respond by coming up to me and staying next to me - when i stop using the name of Jesus and start talking the animal leaves - when i start praying again the animal comes back

the name of Jesus is amazingly powerful - there is no name like it - to me that is proof

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am not entirely sure, as to why I never believed in many gods... but you should understand, I am not Hindu. So, this was not taught to me.

I can state that I have seen the transfiguration, a man change into the form of 'one like a son of God', as described in Revelation, in the accounts of the mount of transfiguration, and in Daniel.

And after that, I was informed of many angels in disguise, but all who figured back to that one sight.

So, while there are many in Heaven, there is truly just one.

And as only the Gospels and Revelation and Daniel show this, the evidence to me was plain.

But, also, as only Jesus had it that He was Heavenly, and nowhere else...

I did read the Bhagavad Gita in my youth, and Krishna, I think, really was an indicator towards Jesus... But, I did not see anyone literally blue.

So, clearly it was as mythology, a distant, distant wave from the truth.

However, unfortunately, I can not command Heaven to show themselves to everyone who disbelieves, though I do know for a fact... that Day is coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums