{MOVED} I am concerned that I will be bored in Heaven.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am concerned that I will be bored in Heaven.

Revelation 18:22
and the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters, will be heard in you no more, and a craftsman of any craft will be found in you no more, and the sound of the mill will be heard in you no more,

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟846,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This has to be the least of your concerns, right? I mean, who knows what the afterlife will be like. If it's better than this then that's good. Whatever the case, don't start unpacking until you get there.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

and the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters, will be heard in you no more, and a craftsman of any craft will be found in you no more, and the sound of the mill will be heard in you no more,

That's Babylon not any city in heaven.

Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

header design 3 +.png

You do not spend your eternity in heaven, and some believers may never actually go to heaven.
You will live on the new earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your are talking about the greater of the whole universe who has made all things new. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,248,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

I have had that thought before.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟922,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

that is the curse being pronounced on wicked Babylon -- its doom and demise

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟725,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The verse you are quoting from is talking about Babylon ... not heaven.

ALL truth will be heaven .... anything and everything you ever want ... or wanted to know.

There will be multitudes of saved humans to interact with, multitudes of angels to interact with .... imagine talking with all the apostles and all the saved people from all times?

Imagine having dinner and conversation with Jesus?

Imagine living in the home of the God of the Universe. Got questions about the universe? Imagine having them answered ... and knowing the truth.

I don't think it's going to boring at all ;o)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟966,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't be I don't think any one can grasp how great things will be in the Life to Come.
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I figure I'm going to be way too busy in Heaven to even think of any of those things. If anything, I'm going to be talking a lot! I'd be wanting to hear stories and testimonies from all the people up there, and there will be billions of them, all with their unique story. Of course worshiping and praising God. No, the last thing that I will be is bored.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

We only get these thoughts because our flesh loves this old stinky, wretched earth. We will be just fine in heaven (pure) something that we don't understand now but, will be normal later.
M

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A finete being able to interact with an infinite being and you think that you will comprehend all there is to know in a measurable period of time.

Do a test, try caterloging all the variety of insects there are.
It will let you start understanding how varied God is and how small your chance of ever understanding him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am concerned that I will be bored in Heaven....

Bible says:

…the Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

If you have that peace and joy, I don’t think you get bored. :)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's Babylon not any city in heaven.

The verse you are quoting from is talking about Babylon ... not heaven.

The OP did not say it was about heaven. I don't know this, but perhaps the OP knows what city it is referring to and assumes that heaven will be boring because Babylon( that which is here and now on earth) is not boring to the OP? Could it be that all those interesting things in Babylon that Revelations tells the OP will be no more may be why the OP concludes heaven may be boring?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟725,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The OP did not say it was about heaven. I don't know this, but perhaps the OP knows what city it is referring to and assumes that heaven will be boring because Babylon( that which is here and now on earth) is not boring to the OP? Could it be that all those interesting things in Babylon that Revelations tells the OP will be no more may be why the OP concludes heaven may be boring?

We are going to have access to the creator of the universe who knows everything .... don't see how that could be boring ;o)

Upvote 0