Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was talking to an Arab that is here in our country on a student visa to get a college education. I am sure he is a peace loving person and seems to be a loving caring person. Yet I asked him about the bombing at an American Embassy. While he knew nothing about it I explained that there was a movie made in Hollywood that made Mohammad look bad. As a reaction to that movie they bombed the Embassy and people were killed. His reaction (in my opinion) was that Yes of course they were justified in attacking the embassy and killing because the honor of Mohammad needed to be defended.

I could understand if they targeted the director of the movie that they found to be offensive. But to attack innocent people simply because they were from the same country as the offender, that makes no sense to me. Although perhaps it accomplishes their objective because people in Hollywood will be afraid to make more movies like that.
Cat Stevens caught a lot of heat when in an interview he said he agreed with the Fatwa that was put on the author of the fictional book, Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie. He said that if the Ayatollah had given him the order or the OK that he himself would have executed sentence.

Cat is a Muslim who changed his name to Yusuf Islam. After that he did a song and dance trying to retract what he'd said but it was way too late.

The kind of killing you're talking about the Arab student agreeing with is the same type of murder that happens to Muslim women. Honor killing, defending the honor of the family by premeditating the murder of a female family member.
Killing to defend the prophet is part of Islam as well.
I remember a British teacher not all that long ago, 2007, who was working in Sudan and faced 40 lashes , while some called for her execution, due to a teddy bear she gave to a student having been named Muhammad. It as an insult to the prophet and deserved severe punishment as a result. Not upon the male child who named the bear but rather the female British teacher who gifted the boy the bear.
The inconsistency on that is, all those Muslim men named Muhammad. How are they alive?

Reactions: TheoNewstoss
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The opinion I was concerned with was the opinion of the Muslim that felt justified to kill any American on sight because of what someone in Hollywood did. Opinions are one thing, the problem is when your opinion causes you to kill people.

In my experience Muslims often think like a group ( the ummah) . If an individual in the group is attacked then all are attacked. The response is similarly indiscriminatory between combatants and non combatants. This probably explained how suicide bombings are mainly committed by Muslims. But at the same time they moan like crazy when the kids they themselves have weopanised are slaughtered by those they fight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
N
Try this:

2015.09.03 (Kerawa, Cameroon) - Two female suicide bombers slaughter thirty patrons at a market.

2015.09.02 (Sanaa, Yemen) - Over two dozen worshippers at a mosque are sent straight to Allah by two suicide bombers.

2015.09.02 (Latakia, Pakistan) - Sunni extremists set off a car bomb in a town square that claims ten lives.

2015.09.02 (Amran, Yemen) - Two Red Cross workers are shot to death by militant Muslims.

2015.09.01 (Kolori, Nigeria) - Boko Haram ride into a town on horseback, shoot eighteen residents to death and steal their food.

2015.09.01 (Jamrud, Pakistan) - A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills at least six others.

Terrorist statistics for August, 2015 alone:

240 attacks in 22 countries resulting in 2297 deaths and 2246 critically injured.

Source: http://thereligionofpeace.com/

The OP point is Muslims feel all of this is justified in the name of Allah, and he has a valid point.
Now cite all the incidents of Christian acts of violence in the same period.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
N

Christian violence is very rare. People who consider themselves christian may target an abortion clinic every now and then, but that is about the extent of it. Christians are taught to return good for evil and to love your enemy.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christian violence is very rare. People who consider themselves christian may target an abortion clinic every now and then, but that is about the extent of it. Christians are taught to return good for evil and to love your enemy.
Uhuh.

I wonder what it says on the dog tags of most drone pilots?

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uhuh.

Do you mean Christians that serve in the military? They are representing the government, not the Church. "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Uhuh.

Do you mean Christians that serve in the military? They are representing the government, not the Church. "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
Uhuh. Which, obviously, isn't true of any of the Muslims in the cited examples.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
In my experience Muslims often think like a group ( the ummah) . If an individual in the group is attacked then all are attacked. The response is similarly indiscriminatory between combatants and non combatants. This probably explained how suicide bombings are mainly committed by Muslims. But at the same time they moan like crazy when the kids they themselves have weopanised are slaughtered by those they fight.

Which might be another reason they direct their attacks for the slight of one person. I believe the thinking goes like this: You are from Michigan, and they are from Ohio. You go into Ohio and kill their dog. All of Ohio just killed their dog. Because you see in their community mindset, individual actions represent the desires and actions of the whole group they are from. This sort of thinking is foreign to the west and especially Americans. In our view, Joe from Michigan who killed the Ohio guy's dog..did not represent anybody but himself. When you come from a world of their world of communal mindset it makes perfect sense, and the idea of one guy acting alone for the sake of himself seems illogical or almost impossible. Why would he dishonor the group by doing something for the sake of himself?

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
N

Well that's easy. Number of those killed by either suicide bomb or beheading or by tossing gays off of buildings or by machine gun fire at the hands of a Christian shouting "Jesus Saves!": Zero.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uhuh. Which, obviously, isn't true of any of the Muslims in the cited examples.
The Muslims are the bastard son of Abraham though Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's maid. They represent the flesh, and Sarah gave Abraham the Child of promise. There is a lot that goes into all of that. This shows how the flesh and the spirit battle each other. Only as Children of God and the Bride of Christ we will have victory over our flesh. We have the Angels to fight the battles for us. Even in the Bible it was God that did battle for Israel.

Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Muslims are the bastard son of Abraham though Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's maid. They represent the flesh, and Sarah gave Abraham the Child of promise. There is a lot that goes into all of that. This shows how the flesh and the spirit battle each other. Only as Children of God and the Bride of Christ we will have victory over our flesh. We have the Angels to fight the battles for us. Even in the Bible it was God that did battle for Israel.

Aren't most muslims not arab?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't most muslims not arab?
Ishmael had twelve sons that became the founders of twelve tribes or countries in the Middle East. When Jesus returns the whole continental plate well be dedicated to Jerusalem. 1500 by 1500 miles.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael had twelve sons that became the founders of twelve tribes or countries in the Middle East. When Jesus returns the whole continental plate well be dedicated to Jerusalem. 1500 by 1500 miles.

...uhmm... you do realize none of the above has any relevance to what ChristsSoldier115 said, right? :scratch:
tulc(is just making sure that's known) :wave:

Upvote 0