Most accurate Torah translation?

revelation2217

Feb 4, 2015
✟414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am trying to help an Orthodox Jewish friend learn about Yeshua but she keeps telling me that my NKJV is just mistranslating the Torah such as words like Almah and Elohim etc.

Is there a very solid copy of just the Old Testament with Hebrew/English side by side that I can show her that is used by religious Jews that makes our case that Yeshua is the Moshiach?

I don't know. I just use the Jewish Publication Society translation most of the time even in personal leisure reading. I don't see two bits difference in it an a King James, but hey. I think it's sort of like people need their brand name on something. You know, it needs to have JPS, or RC, or InteLInside stamp on it instead of King James. It's like Coke and Pepsi. Some people won't drink it unless it says Coke, because Coke is the real thing. But then, Pepsi is the choice of a new generation. But they both have the same stuff.

JPS Gen. 1

1 IN THE beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters. 3 And God said: 'Let there be light.' And there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. 6​

KJV Gen. 1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.​

P.S. Please, do not make our case that Yeshua is the Moshiach. It will be fine enough if you make the case that Jesus is the Messiah. Unless she's really bent on saying the word 'Moshiach', in which case go ahead and go there...I guess. Besides, it's not really our case to make. It's sort of already in the pudding, as it were.

Furthermore, you don't actually 'convert' a Jew to begin with. Jews sort of have to be .... 'illuminated' into the Faith, kind of like Paul. It just all sort of hits them at once one day and they have that Eureka moment, or it doesn't. It takes 10,000 years to teach a Jew something, but let me tell you, once they actually learn it, they are invincible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0