• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Morning Anxiety

OnlyBelieve

Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Can you set a timer on your music player, to put praise music on before you get out of bed?
Do you Pray before you get out of bed?
Maybe read a psalm?
God can deliver you from your depression, sometimes we need to look to him, just little things like this, can relieve the anxiety and give you peace.
God Bless You
You Are AWESOME
JESUS LOVES YOU

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there

i have been suffering from depression for years but over the last 3 years it has got worse. Does anyone else find they have anxiety and depression at its height early in the morning? Sometimes I find it really difficult to get out of bed but staying in bed just makes it worse once I was so bad that I stayed in bed all day and still felt awful afterwards!. Has anyone got any tips on how to help me please

One tip - put love back into you.

I noticed how in my depressive time very little self-love was practiced, indeed more often than not I hated my life. but by putting love back into me I begun over time to produce loving times. I still get depressed a lot (because I got a depressive illness) but no where near as deep as when no love was practiced.

Sow good things (however small the seeds might be) harvest good things, is the principle I use.

Try it:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
I find that it helps to have a list of things I need to do- little things to start with, like get up, wash, eat something.
If I can tick a couple of things off my list, it gives me a sense of achievement, and that motivates me to do the next thing. And it's good to put little things on the list that you can do just for you - maybe a long bubbley bath, some special handcream, anything that makes you feel a little bit more special.
Because you are special, sweetie, and God loves you, as your signature says, with an everlasting love - even when it feels ads though He isn't there.

Praying for you, and here if you ever need to talk :hug:

Upvote 0

sarahelizabeth

7-18-12
Apr 30, 2011
Chilling with the zombies and penguins
✟27,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ill pray for you sweetie
Anxitey is not fun but I have it at night so i know how you kind of feel
Ill pray for you and God has his arms around you to get you back into health I know he does <3

you need some loving like everyone else here has said :)

Upvote 0