Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've seen NOTHING valid said,

that refutes scripture.

( by the way , I'm NOT single , nor does my profile say that ANYWHERE. )

What I'm trying to do, is UN-POLLUTE The Message.

With so many REBELLIOUS females, going against God's word

(by trying to instuct men) ,

I feel that this forum

would have MORE truth,

with MORE of a MALE presence.

So...

Would it be allright with everyone,

if I invited some of the men over (to M.M.) ,

from the Mens Forum?

Do you have the GUTS??

Can you handle THAT??
Since this is the marriage forum, and men and women frequent this board, I think it's assumed when a man poses a question that a woman is going to respond. Now, if you take issue with that - don't post here!

I think you could have handled this a little better. You are coming across as quite arrogant. If you were looking for men to talk with in the men's forum, then you could have just PMd them instead of putting women down.

Upvote 0

Godisgr8r

Contributor
Jan 5, 2006
North Carolina
✟28,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Main Entry:prophesy
Pronunciation:*pr*-f*-*s*
Function:verb
Inflected Form:-sied ; -sying
Etymology:Middle English prophesien, from Middle French prophesier, from Old French, from prophecie
Date:14th century
transitive senses
1 : to utter by or as if by divine inspiration
2 : to predict with assurance or on the basis of mystic knowledge
3 : PREFIGURE
intransitive senses
1 : to speak as if divinely inspired
2 : to give instruction in religious matters : PREACH
3 : to make a prediction
synonyms see FORETELL
–prophesier \-*s*(-*)r\ noun

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon ALL flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall, prophesym your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last, saith God, I will pour out my spirit upon ALL flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions

Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens, I will pour out in those days of my spirit and they shall prophesy.

Acts 21:9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

*emphasis mine

Reactions: lin1235
Upvote 0

Godisgr8r

Contributor
Jan 5, 2006
North Carolina
✟28,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ron's words:

I would even caution women

against teaching other women,

or other children, than their own,

because:

... it was not Adam who was DECEIVED, but THE WOMAN being deceived, fell into transgression.

15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

The bible:

Titus 2:1 You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.
2:2 Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.
2:3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverant in the way they live, not to be slanderer or addited to much wine, but to teach what is good.
2:4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
2:5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husband, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Reactions: MaraPetra
Upvote 0

Judy02

Jan 9, 2006
England.
✟28,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, what happens if a woman IS in a position of authority in the church over a man?
Who goes to hell? the man....or the woman?

AND - does it matter if she is? Really? I mean, in the grand scheme of things - does it matter? If a woman can give me some great spiritual advice - I'll take it. If a woman can teach well...I'll listen.

am I doomed?

lol exactly. Anybody can have some good wisdom and advice. We test it with things they say, whether what they say is biblical, not checking what sexual organs they have first :)

It's good to find some nice men in here...sometimes I'd just about lost my faith in a few (just bad experiences thats all).

I'm not power hungry, I know I have a lot to learn, I want to get to know God more and more, and be more like him. I do have a problem saying God will never empower me BECAUSE I'm a female, as if Christianity was a big elitist game, and God couldn't work through us because of physical features; because all gifts are from the same Spirit...

Anyway I do respect people who believe differently, as long as I'm also respected. Our aim is to please God. But yeah, if ur in the mood to be put down a bit more,on what u r, not who you are; then the non dem forum is a lovely place at the moment...what I really love about being a christian :D

Upvote 0

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ronmathison

Jul 19, 2005
Okanagan Falls, B.C.
✟885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
(for now)

3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

I see NOTHING in the above, that says the word: TEACH

(perhaps TRAIN, means by leading a QUIET example)

Upvote 0

ronmathison

Jul 19, 2005
Okanagan Falls, B.C.
✟885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
(for now)

So, what happens if a woman IS in a position of authority in the church over a man?
Who goes to hell? the man....or the woman?

AND - does it matter if she is? Really? I mean, in the grand scheme of things - does it matter? If a woman can give me some great spiritual advice - I'll take it. If a woman can teach well...I'll listen.

am I doomed?

I never said ANYTHING about going to hell.

However, Christians WILL be judged.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't taken the time to read all the replies (i will go back and do so, however)...but are you even married to be posting on the marriage boards?

As for the women not teaching, etc...all i can say is WOW...wow at the testosterone level in overdrive on that post.

Who are you to say women can't give counsel to other women (and men) who are in the same situations that they themselves may have been through? To me, God brought me through everything I have been through in order for me to be able to help others going through the same struggles...maybe that's just me! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Konkurrent

Sep 8, 2006
The Internet
✟16,266.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does the rising price of chocolate bother anybody else?

Not personally, my taste in candy is limited primarily to refined sugar products and Twizzlers.

But my wife likes chocolate, so yeah - that's a bit of problem. Then again, she's usually making more money than me so I can't really complain. Happy wife = happy husband.

Upvote 0

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not personally, my taste in candy is limited primarily to refined sugar products and Twizzlers.

But my wife likes chocolate, so yeah - that's a bit of problem. Then again, she's usually making more money than me so I can't really complain. Happy wife = happy husband.

Sigh...you're such a guy :D I know there is some gene in there probably attached to the Y chromosome that neutralizes the taste of chocolate or something.

Upvote 0

Godisgr8r

Contributor
Jan 5, 2006
North Carolina
✟28,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't know it was possible for anyone to not like chocolate. Actually, I do know several people who don't like it, but I'm not one of them. I just don't eat it, because if I did, I wouldn't fit in this chair, then I wouldn't have anywhere to sit while I was on the computer, so that means I couldn't be on the computer, which means I couldn't come on CF, and no one would be happy about that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.