More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (200)

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
They say that you know you are old when you go to more funerals than weddings. If that’s the case, I am elderly in my 30’s, hitting old age in my teens/twenties.
It is sort of cyclical, the oldest generation (grandparents, etc) can die off in your teens to early 20s it is when people that you identified as young but not as young as you (about half to a generation older) that start passing away that you really start to feel old. I've outlived a lot of people in age now and I'm not really that old either but All the people that were my parents age...... that I like are gone now and I'm seeing more and more that are about half a generation older starting to pass away. My health seems pretty good for the most part but my body isn't the same as it was 20 years ago, and struggling in ways to not be worse than 10 years ago. About the only thing that has improved somewhat is my patience and wisdom but not enough to matter IMO.

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the wonderful thing is.... in Christ I will have forever friends. I see you are from NZ. My friend who started this thread for me is also from NZ too but has pretty much quit posting on CF as others from long ago have too.
As much as I would like to see the forum grow, the owners/leadership is not really doing the right things to accomplish it but I can't complain too much as it is still here almost 15 years later (for me) unlike tons of other places online.

yes it seems to be trend, many Christian Forums seem to be going downhill, I used to belong to Christian Forums net, when I was there a long time ago, it was a vibrant community with many users, the last time I was there was about 2 years ago, it was literally like a desert. I don't know, I think this is like a classic downward spiral, the less people post, the less people want to come back here, and off it goes.

you mentioned people would rather be on FB these days, but I don't see how FB can replace forums like this, it seems like a totally different medium with different type of interactions.

anyway, I am about to be logged off by library computer I need to go now. nice talking to you. have a good day :)

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
yes it seems to be trend, many Christian Forums seem to be going downhill, I used to belong to Christian Forums net, when I was there a long time ago, it was a vibrant community with many users, the last time I was there was about 2 years ago, it was literally like a desert. I don't know, I think this is like a classic downward spiral, the less people post, the less people want to come back here, and off it goes.

you mentioned people would rather be on FB these days, but I don't see how FB can replace forums like this, it seems like a totally different medium with different type of interactions.

anyway, I am about to be logged off by library computer I need to go now. nice talking to you. have a good day :)
There has been a few Christian forum places go during the years I've been here. A few have abandoned FB but most are I think cemented there by family that aren't necessarily Christian. I don't see the forum growing much all the entertainment that it once had has been nerfed and too much of the traffic here is in the politics section

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There has been a few Christian forum places go during the years I've been here. A few have abandoned FB but most are I think cemented there by family that aren't necessarily Christian. I don't see the forum growing much all the entertainment that it once had has been nerfed and too much of the traffic here is in the politics section

yes, I noticed that. it seems the only forum on this place that is still alive is the political forum. I would be nice to say there are more posters on other forums like the singles.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
yes, I noticed that. it seems the only forum on this place that is still alive is the political forum. I would be nice to say there are more posters on other forums like the singles.
The singles has been doing better lately mostly because we have several regulars there now that have stuck around. The biggest problem is that there isn't any other entertainment than simply posting to others. FB has games and other social media platforms have a lot more people to go around. I have 600k blessings that are essentially worthless and "likes" used to be reputation which you could go around boosting others up in the past and there used to be avatars you could dress up and customizing your "look" with colors and fonts to your posts and so on. People have been inventive but in the end the most interaction is in politics and singles and when singles find someone they spend less or no time here... when they marry they are no longer a single so essentially shut out and regular chat areas are stagnant. At one time we had threads where people were given blessings to post that were worth something... the fellowship and games areas were 80% of the posts here now I doubt we are even 10%. There were a dozen of threads in friendship court here daily not I think I'm almost the only one that gets posts in the forum regularly and a lot of that is because I post regularly here. I once had about 6-8 people posting daily here in this thread and at times it was pretty busy.....
I sort of call this a ministry as I told myself if I were not needed here I would leave that I wasn't here for my own ego but for others. I still have a few that hang out here and am thankful but am sad I lost one long time poster here that I've known for close to 15 years on the forum that at times was one of 3 posting here. I miss all her posts about holidays and today is.... pickle day or pet a hog day or whatever. She was quirky and fun and sparkled with the love of Jesus here.... often more than I attempt to do so.

I've considered getting into a streaming chat place but likely I would have to start one myself somewhere one of my first chat places ironically was in an html streaming chat and I enjoyed it more in ways that this hear as you didn't have to constantly refresh the page you could just sit back and watch it scroll like the chat box here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 26, 2005
somewhere over the rainbow
✟372,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
274182706_927650677913612_7455400532701111828_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟699,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently Kim Kardashian mad some comment about women needing to get up and work (vulgar words removed). And then there is me, working twelve hour days and pregnant….

• Informative
Upvote 0