At what point does Evolution exhaust convolution...?

• Immediately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After a while

• After seventy times seven

• Just before the end

• Somewhere in between

• After the end

• It never does

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So yes, it is Sunday and I am just looking at this as simply as I can. I tried to work out what Evolutionists would see in Jesus and it seemed to just drag and drag out. I am not sure if that is a sign of something or not. So now I am looking at it, without any real preconceptions and what I figure, is that what Evolutionists want Jesus to mean, is more and more license to do what they like. The trouble is, this does not have the consequences of less and less reticence that the world might think. Instead, it creates convolution.

That is the point: how can Evolution just get more and more convoluted? Am I supposed to think that something that can cope with convolution will emerge, thanks to Evolution - that sounds like rubbish? I mean really, if all you do is mutate and reincorporate mutation, you are not going to get anything but convolution of the original point: that better is needed. Better being needed, still has no mechanism to reign in mutation. I have tried and tried to get Evolutionists on this board, to realise that a point is needed, but they have denied there is one - and now that has left me with the impression I now have, that Evolution is going nowhere.

I don't want to put this in the Physical and Life Sciences forum, because they will just shoot it down saying "Evolution never had a point, so what?"; I mean one of them literally said "Evolution is a random walk" - it just gives nothing to a conversation, that could be any number of things about what Jesus said or what He meant or where He went or whatever! I mean we could really be having a constructive conversation, but they make it about keeping in step with the herd - as if there should be consequences for trying to understand Evolution any other way. There are infinite ways of interpreting Evolution, that's the point, choosing to ignore an infinite difference, is like insulting God - I would think.

So if it is a question of convolution, maybe there is a selection pressure that will prove beatable because of that convolution, but really, what kind of a chance is that? I mean who honestly mutates at random, with the hope they will win the galactic lottery. Yet this is a natural conclusion, that stems equally naturally from the premises that Evolution sets out. Can you see this? If no more adaptation is needed, the past need to mutate becomes a leaky tap... I mean it will literally drive you crazy if you do nothing about - and I am saying: maybe Jesus can do something about it?

Anyway, in some ways this is just a soliloquy on the stage of life, for God to wake up to on Monday. I'm not sure what to add and I certainly won't be falling for Evolution while this remains unresolved. Don't be snared. God doesn't want your faith to be vexed in any measure ("not one hair on your head will be lost" Jesus). Maybe if we butt heads amongst each other, we will come up with something - Lord knows the Holy Spirit would rather forget Evolution, to begin with.

We'll get through this, we will: just hang in there!

Derek1234

Mar 11, 2021
London
✟24,724.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand what you want to get out of posts like this (if anything). The important issue is whether people believe that Christ died as propitiation for our sins, and receive Him as Saviour. Why make such a big deal out of how God made creation, a subject on which people have legitimately different views?

Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
some thoughts...
1. The literal view of creation is important because the Bible is a complete book. It is full of themes that tie together to form a view of ourselves and our reality and our creator. So yes, creation is important as is how long ago it happened. If it were not important, then my personal view is, the inclusion of the ages of men in the Bible and various other dates would not be found. God even went to the trouble of explaining how and why we dont live beyond 3 score and ten years on average!
2. My issue with evolution has actually been completely resolved by going back...way back to the beginning. Forget evolution, start with the origin of the universe...how did matter and energy come into existence in order to facilitate a big bang?

Scientists almost universally agree, they do not know! A mathematician created an equation in an attempt to prove that if something exists for an incredibly short period of time and in such a small size, and minimal energy, it effectively is nothing. Can one believe that this is what is being used in an attempt to circumvent Einstein's theory of relativity? It is a porky of such low intellect, I am surprised academics believe it to be honest. It is an argument that reminds me, I have on my computer somewhere an image of a man with his head buried in the sand and a lit explosive right behind his backside on the ground about to go off.

For example.

If I were to design a product, not be able to actually build that product, and ask you to buy it with the premise that I don't know how to build it (nor does anyone else in history), however, one day when the human mind is smart enough to figure out how to make it, would you invest your entire life's savings in the said product? How much more important is your reality to you than an object purchased with money?

3. I think it is absolutely human to wonder about where we came from, why we are here, and what the future holds. So without God, one must find an alternative...even if that alternative is full of holes and inconsistencies so much so that the probability of such theories being right are in the realm of impossibility.

It is a tragedy that those without God don't have a logical or consistent explanation for their existence or future.

Upvote 0