Monkey Pox now a "global emergency" according to W.H.O.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"So far this year, there have been more than 16,000 cases of monkeypox in more than 75 countries, and five deaths in Africa.

The viral disease has been spreading chiefly in men who have sex with men in the recent outbreak, outside Africa where it is endemic.

Health experts welcomed the WHO's decision to issue the PHEIC declaration, which until now had only been applied to the coronavirus pandemic and ongoing efforts to eradicate polio."

WHO declares global health emergency over monkeypox outbreak

There ya go! 5 deaths, and it's a "global health emergency".
Just wait until Flu season comes around!

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,507.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The viral disease has been spreading chiefly in men who have sex with men in the recent outbreak, outside Africa where it is endemic.
Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
16,000 spread over 75 countries is quite low.

And only 5 deaths among the 16,000 cases is quite low as well. Not much of an emergency, but we all know how useful emergency declarations can be when it comes to grabbing power.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2010
United Kingdom
✟227,029.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If its passed on via sexual contact I don't see how those numbers are even possible

Monkeypox

Monkeypox can be passed on from person to person through:

• any close physical contact with monkeypox blisters or scabs (including during sexual contact, kissing, cuddling or holding hands)
  • touching clothing, bedding or towels used by someone with monkeypox
  • the coughs or sneezes of a person with monkeypox when they're close to you

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So monkeypox is basically a new STD.

And the latest attempt to grab power through the declaration of an "emergency", even though only 5 people have died from it--and all of them in Africa.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the latest attempt to grab power through the declaration of an "emergency", even though only 5 people have died from it--and all of them in Africa.

Another major health emergency during election time.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Another major health emergency during election time.

When the World Health Organization was given power to declare global health emergencies, it was theorized by some that the federal government in the United states would follow any advice given by the WHO. It would be under the guise of “following the science”. Of course, anyone who doesn't "follow the science" will be called science deniers, even if such people simply want to take part in the election, or simply hold a job. All over a disease that hasn't killed a single person in the United states, and only 5 elsewhere. The WHO could retain more credibility by declaring a global emergency over car accidents since so many more of those happen worldwide.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, okay, I was wondering why you started a thread on this even though @tall73 was doing a good job with it: so you could make it out that “the real problem” is the response to this outbreak, not the outbreak itself.
Gotcha!

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If its passed on via sexual contact I don't see how those numbers are even possible

It's possible. Some of the men say they have had sex with 10 other men in like 3 weeks. It's crazy. I haven't had 10 partners in my lifetime and they had that many in 3 weeks. :eek: All around the world they keep having those gay festivals where they sleep with many multiple partners.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And only 5 deaths among the 16,000 cases is quite low as well. Not much of an emergency, but we all know how useful emergency declarations can be when it comes to grabbing power.

I think it's because of it's potential to mutate into something contagious to the general population, because before this outbreak it wasn't even passed from person to person, only from contact with an infected animal and then it wasn't a sexual disease. So it's mutated from what it was originally and at the rate they are spreading it, who knows what it will mutate into next.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's possible. Some of the men say they have had sex with 10 other men in like 3 weeks. It's crazy. I haven had 10 partners in my lifetime and they had that many in 3 weeks. :eek: All around the world they keep having those gay festivals where they sleep with many multiple partners.

"the median number of sex partners in the previous 3 months was 5 partners, 147 (28%) reported travel abroad in the month before diagnosis, and 103 (20%) had attended large gatherings (>30 persons), such as Pride events. Overall, 169 (32%) were known to have visited sex-on-site venues within the previous month, and 106 (20%) reported engaging in “chemsex” (i.e., sex associated with drugs such as mephedrone and crystal methamphetamine) in the same period."
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2207323

Promiscuity, drugs, prostitution, mass sex events...

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,507.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's possible. Some of the men say they have had sex with 10 other men in like 3 weeks. It's crazy. I haven had 10 partners in my lifetime and they had that many in 3 weeks. :eek: All around the world they keep having those gay festivals where they sleep with many multiple partners.
I think the problem/risk for the world is there are married men on the down low who could give it to their wives. AIDS startted out the same way, but now men and women are infected with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,507.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, looks like this WHO declaration brought to light three global health emergencies: Monkeypox, ignorance, and homophobia.
Maybe. But it is good for people to know that they should be careful with their sexual activity.

Upvote 0